<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  T in the Park - 10pm to 11:30pm Sunday 12/07/2015 on BBC 3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:55 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 121Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:25 pm
have been very vocal on how i thought the band look totally uninterested on this tour after attending two shows but wow they were amazing at t in the park,now looking forward to going to a few shows on the november tour

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:49 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1307Location: GreeceJoined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:32 pm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:39 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 64Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:44 pm
Only 30 mins of prodge and an hour of that twat gallager :-(

Its not fair :-(

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:28 pm
CorporalCorporalPosts: 355Location: MoscowJoined: Fri May 23, 2008 6:10 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:11 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3821Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
i like the Full Throttle vocal hit sample in Roadblox

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:21 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 224Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm
A mixed set overall.

Roadblox & Enemy were awesome, but I couldn't help the nagging feeling the guys looked a little disinterested and going through the motions a touch, possibly affected by the fact 90% of the crowd weren't even born when Voodoo People was released. Had that sense of 'we're wasted on most of these people'.

It was also slightly amusing that Maxim was clearly having a go at the majority of them, 'the ones on the right are in the wrong place, total respect to the ones in front of me' - I always get the feeling these festivals don't see the best of them given the shared crowd.

Was a wee bit disappointed that the only new tracks were the two I mentioned and Frontier.

What did Maxim actually mean though dedicating Enemy to the Scottish people? Was there a hidden meaning there? Or am I reading too much into that.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:55 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 121Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:25 pm
crowd maybe realised some of the tunes are shit,get rid of run,put poison and rebel radio(original) back in and bingo a great set!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:02 am
CaptainCaptainPosts: 657Location: united kingdomJoined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:58 pm
Those new tracks don't work live, they are for the most part, boring, Wild Frontier, Roadblox, TDIME, Nasty, all very poor studio tracks and live tracks, you can see how bored they look performing them, the setlist need a total overhaul, i'd keep Get Your Fight On in there but that would be it, probably the most bored i've ever seen the band, totally going through the motions, and this isn't just this festival, it was the same for their own gigs, a lot of fans are noticing this now...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:51 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 224Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm
freehandjunkie wrote:
Those new tracks don't work live, they are for the most part, boring, Wild Frontier, Roadblox, TDIME, Nasty, all very poor studio tracks and live tracks,

I would agree they don't have the spark live - my use of 'awesome' was related to the fact I love Enemy & Roadblox as tracks - but agree Nasty & Frontier are not the best either studio or live.

Quote:
you can see how bored they look performing them, the setlist need a total overhaul, i'd keep Get Your Fight On in there but that would be it, probably the most bored i've ever seen the band, totally going through the motions, and this isn't just this festival, it was the same for their own gigs, a lot of fans are noticing this now...

You know it could just be the fact they've been doing this for circa 25 years now and maybe they've finally had enough?

I still love Enemy as an album, but I couldn't shake the feeling that they do look jaded live and the passion is gone or at least vastly reduced.

Keef honestly looked like he didn't care - half hearted 'dancing' and looking like he just wanted his bed.

Wouldn't be horribly shocked if they called it quits in the coming months - gutted of course, but not shocked. Nothing is meant to last forever. EDIT: probably AFTER the tour - unless they're going to refund everyone now!

I did suggest Enemy might be their last album at the beginning of the year, and I wouldn't astounded if that turns out to be true.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:03 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
FFS, some of YOU lot are some seriously miserable motherfuckers :shock: :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:17 am
SergeantSergeantPosts: 411Location: BelgiumJoined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:33 pm
i must be watching a different video, crowd are into it, the guys are going hard as always... I like the new tunes, studio or live versions :)

You can see they are aging, but they're still giving it all... maxim is still a boss on the stage imo.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:38 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1225Location: Lisbon, PortugalJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:39 am
Socrates wrote:
i must be watching a different video, crowd are into it, the guys are going hard as always... I like the new tunes, studio or live versions :)

You can see they are aging, but they're still giving it all... maxim is still a boss on the stage imo.

Couldn't agree more.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:44 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
freehandjunkie wrote:
Those new tracks don't work live, they are for the most part, boring, Wild Frontier, Roadblox, TDIME, Nasty, all very poor studio tracks and live tracks, you can see how bored they look performing them, the setlist need a total overhaul, i'd keep Get Your Fight On in there but that would be it, probably the most bored i've ever seen the band, totally going through the motions, and this isn't just this festival, it was the same for their own gigs, a lot of fans are noticing this now...

Yeah looks like we are waching a different video. Are you sure you're not waching the Neol Galagher one?

I was skeptical myself at first when they started the tour, looked uninspired and tired. But recently after Rock am Ring and T in the park videos, looks like they are killing it. TDIME is just insane and Wild Frontier a non stop madness. Also I'm very happy of the band for dropping a few bones for true fans - AWOL (Strike One) and Rise of the eagles live. Liam dropped a bonus track from the album that probably just a minority people heard and said "Dance to this you fuckers" :)

I love the new album and I'm all fired up. I'm going to two London shows in december and gonna witness the sickness.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:33 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 233Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm
I thought the TITP footage was pretty decent actually, and when I was at Ally Pally I felt no shortage of energy. The "new tunes not working" I think is totally a matter of opinion. Example, I don't much care for Nasty on the album but live I found it went down a treat.

The only issue I think is their increasing age (which will also apply to some of us!)

Plus Maxim repeating the same old lines and general lack of creativity on the mic, over reliance on swearing every other word, but these have been an issue for me for a while. I know he's never been the master poet but we used to get more. Or am I remembering it wrong?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:04 pm
CaptainCaptainPosts: 657Location: united kingdomJoined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:58 pm
untitled6 wrote:
freehandjunkie wrote:

Yeah looks like we are waching a different video. Are you sure you're not waching the Neol Galagher one?

I was skeptical myself at first when they started the tour, looked uninspired and tired. But recently after Rock am Ring and T in the park videos, looks like they are killing it. TDIME is just insane and Wild Frontier a non stop madness. Also I'm very happy of the band for dropping a few bones for true fans - AWOL (Strike One) and Rise of the eagles live. Liam dropped a bonus track from the album that probably just a minority people heard and said "Dance to this you fuckers" :)

I love the new album and I'm all fired up. I'm going to two London shows in december and gonna witness the sickness.

Couldn't disagree more, Wild Frontier live is lifeless, music by numbers, TDIME is trying to be SMBU but isn't in fact its the opposite, again a lifeless track, people go on about their age, yeah fair enough they are getting on but compare them to even 2 or 3 years ago and for me there's a huge difference, i don't think Keith is interested in the band anymore, he looks like he's had enough, Maxim is the glue that holds them together i think, hence why they are still performing, i predict they'll call it quits by early next year after the Public Enemy tour thing, well i think Keith will jack it in and that will be that for the band, they wouldn't go on without him.

Offline Profile