<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  T in the Park - 10pm to 11:30pm Sunday 12/07/2015 on BBC 3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:09 pm
CaptainCaptainPosts: 657Location: united kingdomJoined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:58 pm
Danny_G13 wrote:
freehandjunkie wrote:
Those new tracks don't work live, they are for the most part, boring, Wild Frontier, Roadblox, TDIME, Nasty, all very poor studio tracks and live tracks,

I would agree they don't have the spark live - my use of 'awesome' was related to the fact I love Enemy & Roadblox as tracks - but agree Nasty & Frontier are not the best either studio or live.

Quote:
you can see how bored they look performing them, the setlist need a total overhaul, i'd keep Get Your Fight On in there but that would be it, probably the most bored i've ever seen the band, totally going through the motions, and this isn't just this festival, it was the same for their own gigs, a lot of fans are noticing this now...

You know it could just be the fact they've been doing this for circa 25 years now and maybe they've finally had enough?

I still love Enemy as an album, but I couldn't shake the feeling that they do look jaded live and the passion is gone or at least vastly reduced.

Keef honestly looked like he didn't care - half hearted 'dancing' and looking like he just wanted his bed.

Wouldn't be horribly shocked if they called it quits in the coming months - gutted of course, but not shocked. Nothing is meant to last forever. EDIT: probably AFTER the tour - unless they're going to refund everyone now!

I did suggest Enemy might be their last album at the beginning of the year, and I wouldn't astounded if that turns out to be true.

The way Keith has been since this new album dropped suggests he wasn't completely onboard with TDIME, thats the feeling i get, it was said he and Liam had a few fallings out last year before the album was finished, it wouldn't surprise me if that was the reason for how he is these days, i don't think its an age thing at all with him... agree with you about them calling it quits, think it'll be early next year...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:46 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 224Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm
freehandjunkie wrote:

The way Keith has been since this new album dropped suggests he wasn't completely onboard with TDIME, thats the feeling i get, it was said he and Liam had a few fallings out last year before the album was finished, it wouldn't surprise me if that was the reason for how he is these days, i don't think its an age thing at all with him... agree with you about them calling it quits, think it'll be early next year...

Agree there too - all the interviews have been really flat, like he's replying by numbers and his heart seems elsewhere.

But, to be blunt, Liam and Max haven't exactly sounded thrilled either.

It's been the least enthusiastic I've ever seen them, although historically these guys were never ones to be hyper happy at the best of times.

@Baxterbasics - no, you're not hearing it wrong - he's basically copying word-for-word each gig and his entire repertoire has been reduced from inspired MC'ing to screaming and swearing. It used to be more, like someone who was really into the music and the role, and got lost in it. Now it really looks forced.

I mean, and let's be blunt, these guys are mid 40s now, in Maxim's case he's nearly f*cking 50 for Christ's sake - it's completely and entirely forgivable that they're looking jaded.

I remember when the Smashing Pumpkins played their big comeback gig at Live Aid or something it was called a few years ago - they looked like dinosaurs from another era. Prodigy are approaching that now. I still think the studio music is as good as it always was, I am a huge fan of Enemy, but it does now seem their best performing days are behind them.

Unlike the Stones or other old school rock acts, who just stand around and sing, Prodigy have to give it everything out there.

And that was easier to do 10 years ago plus than it is now.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:59 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 139Location: IsraelJoined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:49 pm
Danny_G13 wrote:
freehandjunkie wrote:

Agree there too - all the interviews have been really flat, like he's replying by numbers and his heart seems elsewhere.

But, to be blunt, Liam and Max haven't exactly sounded thrilled either.

It's been the least enthusiastic I've ever seen them, although historically these guys were never ones to be hyper happy at the best of times.

@Baxterbasics - no, you're not hearing it wrong - he's basically copying word-for-word each gig and his entire repertoire has been reduced from inspired MC'ing to screaming and swearing. It used to be more, like someone who was really into the music and the role, and got lost in it. Now it really looks forced.

I mean, and let's be blunt, these guys are mid 40s now, in Maxim's case he's nearly f*cking 50 for Christ's sake - it's completely and entirely forgivable that they're looking jaded.

I remember when the Smashing Pumpkins played their big comeback gig at Live Aid or something it was called a few years ago - they looked like dinosaurs from another era. Prodigy are approaching that now. I still think the studio music is as good as it always was, I am a huge fan of Enemy, but it does now seem their best performing days are behind them.

Unlike the Stones or other old school rock acts, who just stand around and sing, Prodigy have to give it everything out there.

And that was easier to do 10 years ago plus than it is now.

The MCing days are over. I consider whatever Maxim shouts live the lyrics of the tracks. And I simply don't expect Prodigy lyrics to change the same way I don't expect any other performing artist to change lyrics on stage.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:21 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1883Location: PolandJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:08 am
does anybody know complete tracklist?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:08 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 64Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:44 pm
The amount of fucken whinging on here is unreal.

Ive been to 3 gigs and got another 3 for the next tour and the buzz and atmosphere is there every time. The guys are getting older so slack has to be cut. The interview before T in the park i must admit was very very flat. They all looked like they couldnt be arsed but in fairness they are doing it, selling out gigs, making a lot of money and if they call time yer itl be gutting as with their style they wont really be able to come back down the line but theyve stood test of time and if they all fuck off we cant be too critical.

The new album in the main is fucken brilliant. God knows why nasty gets such a hard time as its fucken awesome but everybody has their own opinion to be fair.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:24 pm
ZOLTAN wrote:
The amount of fucken whinging on here is unreal.

Ive been to 3 gigs and got another 3 for the next tour and the buzz and atmosphere is there every time. The guys are getting older so slack has to be cut.

Personally I'm cutting it. They deserve that. Equally though I'm just discussing reality. I think it's less 'whinging' and more sadness that they ARE getting older and the end is becoming a real possibility now.

Quote:
The interview before T in the park i must admit was very very flat. They all looked like they couldnt be arsed but in fairness they are doing it, selling out gigs, making a lot of money and if they call time yer itl be gutting as with their style they wont really be able to come back down the line but theyve stood test of time and if they all fuck off we cant be too critical.

The new album in the main is fucken brilliant. God knows why nasty gets such a hard time as its fucken awesome but everybody has their own opinion to be fair.

I agree, I love the new album. It has a lot of killer tracks - whether it has the classic Prodigy magic is another matter, but it is still generally brilliant.

But I will have to disagree on Nasty - it's generic and uninspired - like out-takes from Warrior's Dance and Omen mashed into a new track.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:29 pm
gnobal wrote:
The MCing days are over. I consider whatever Maxim shouts live the lyrics of the tracks. And I simply don't expect Prodigy lyrics to change the same way I don't expect any other performing artist to change lyrics on stage.

Like it or not he IS the MC, always was, always will be.

Whether that role has evolved to now become more of a 'vocalist' is a matter of contention, and indeed there are lyrics in there too, AKA him 'singing' with various samples, but his own input, normally a passionate, involved spectacle which gets the crowd going, isn't really doing that now and he just screetches, swears, and even has digs at the crowd now and then!

In short, he doesn't look like he's enjoying it like he once did, which, as others say, is likely a sign, literally, of old age.

The guy is nearly 50 and still expected to bounce and scream like a teenager?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:55 am
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
Maxim is bringing it like always! Not a tiny bit of difference.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:46 am
CorporalCorporalPosts: 355Location: MoscowJoined: Fri May 23, 2008 6:10 pm
Attention to all personal, today on BBC Two will be another highlights:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b062nrds

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:04 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4268Location: GreeceJoined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:06 am
Scheduled already! hehe :-D

RIP KEEF
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:21 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1307Location: GreeceJoined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:32 pm
Anzipex wrote:
Attention to all personal, today on BBC Two will be another highlights:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b062nrds

Anything new mate?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:09 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
get your fight on and firestarter were aired

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:04 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4268Location: GreeceJoined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:06 am
Got it, i'll upload a copy in few days :)

RIP KEEF
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:01 pm
CorporalCorporalPosts: 355Location: MoscowJoined: Fri May 23, 2008 6:10 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH82Ybrz2jQ

I made Firestarter in 90's VHS style

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:17 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
Anzipex wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH82Ybrz2jQ

I made Firestarter in 90's VHS style

:lol: looks and sounds great!