<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  Helsinki ICEHALL 3-11-2015

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:48 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 271Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:42 pm
Also the Invaders edit version is the worst edit ever and i wish a 120minutes show :cry:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:26 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 121Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:25 pm
nobody reporting on public enemy blowing them off?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:42 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
arrived back. can finally type on a keyboard ffs :D

recollecting memories. i think u guys are right. they did some cutting here and there, but not that much with the new tracks at least.. and it really was first time ever i saw Liam really working with different parts, playing more Live, which was awesome in it's own way.

but i dunno, overall lengths.. and length of the gig... it doesn't bother me that much. to be honest i'm usually so fuked up in the end. no stamina left at all. and then it's harder to feel the vibe.. i enjoy every breather there is in a track. was in the moshpit also for half a track, for fun, but most of the time in quite front, loosing it, jumping up and down and shouting the lyrics, my legs are killing me today.. lol

sound was quite ok, but still missed some sub punch most of the time.. and then they cranked it up with SMBU, fukin felt it with my hand hair haha and it was strong until the end.

can't really comment on maxim "being away" in some ways. didn't notice that much. one thing i thought was that shit that guy is in good form. he looks fukin :bringit:

is it only me or do you experience similar thing in live too. with sound being so loud.. you can't catch like all the frequencies, like higher mids aren't there much..
i see why he has all those very high freq bleepy bloopy and other high freq stuff in tunes.. they come across on high db pretty well..

did some little recordings aswell, fully recorder only Beyond the deathray. also some synth/fill parts, just in case in would cross over to something new.. will upload these few vids in a sec.

i'v seen them 5 times now and for me it was one of the best gigs. i'm really loving the new tunes and i'm proud that they did an album that sounds live that good.. that was their real goal and they did accomplish that, if u ask me. with such an energy, new tracks leave most of the old tunes in shame.

Liam, if u are reading this :D with all respect to firestarter as a forever classic tune. pls replace it.
somehow it doesn't work anymore, in a list u have nowadays. all i saw people stopped jumping.

what a gig!

EDIT: heres my recording of Beyond The Deathray

https://youtu.be/_DQe18ItrbI

Last edited by Elsewhere on Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:43 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 681Location: EstoniaJoined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:20 pm
ok.. desided to go on the last minute. it was my 7th gig. overall it seemed rushed, a lot of tracks were cut short and they didnt seem to b much into it (tho keith was ok imo). dissapointed on that and also that they didnt play any "special tracks".

compared to past gigs, this one felt like *bangbangbang-silence* instead of a nice live flow. they used to have killer fills and links which made the connection between tracks a lot more enjoyable and added a nice groove to the whole set. what happend to actionlink-warning type of links and longer live tracks like back 2 skool? editing really does no justice to the tracks.. you cant get into the flow before it ends. thats how i feel when comparing this 1 to past events.

on a positive note... there was a killer moshpit at the front! for the first time i was kicked to the floor, so that was cool haha. the day is my enemy and get ur fight on are bangers, deathray was superb... but what i enjoyed the most was wall of death. massive tune. that was worth the trip and money spent

so... im glad i went but not sure im arsed to travel again 4 it

oh and after everybody left except liam, he played a bit of out of space with a raw dub bassline. that was top!

Last edited by memphis on Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:47 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 681Location: EstoniaJoined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:20 pm
just wanted to add that compared to past gigs, the lower sub-bassline of the sound keeps getting worse? i remember when i used to feel the bass through my whole body. maybe its all these restrictions and laws and shit... fight this bollox!

kenny wrote:

they werent supposed to play. they are advertising public enemy as part of the tour but if u look closer you can see that the gigs supported by them are marked with * :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:05 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
memphis wrote:
just wanted to add that compared to past gigs, the lower sub-bassline of the sound keeps getting worse? i remember when i used to feel the bass through my whole body. maybe its all these restrictions and laws and shit... fight this bollox!

kenny wrote:

they werent supposed to play. they are advertising public enemy as part of the tour but if u look closer you can see that the gigs supported by them are marked with * :lol:

it can be laws.. but.. i guess lower parts must in in balance with highs and mids.. u can't turn mids until ears start bleeding :)

but they definitely turned the subs up from SMBU and stayed that way until the end me thinks..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:22 pm
sick lights, slow motion SMBU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXDF9WhcSiY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:56 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 408Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 am
They've had Jericho mixed in with the intro and out of space as a fill at the end for months now. Most tracks were also shortened earlier in the year such as breathe, firestarter, their law, get your fight on, and imd. By far imd is too short but I'm thinking that track will be cut soon anyway since it no longer fits live. Firestarter also doesn't work shorter, but I think it was cut because keith kept messing up the lyrics these past couple of years by singing the "it's so easy" part before the last "bridge/break" (he's getting too old). Rok-Weiler, TDIME, and WoD were shortened only a couple months ago, but I think they're better now. They used to drag on at times.

Hardly any fillers is probably a result of an ever changing short setlist. The set has been different (albeit just by a little bit) for every show since the start of the tour.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:17 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 26Location: Warsaw, PLJoined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:36 pm
Moon wrote:
They've had Jericho mixed in with the intro and out of space as a fill at the end for months now. Most tracks were also shortened earlier in the year such as breathe, firestarter, their law, get your fight on, and imd. By far imd is too short but I'm thinking that track will be cut soon anyway since it no longer fits live. Firestarter also doesn't work shorter, but I think it was cut because keith kept messing up the lyrics these past couple of years by singing the "it's so easy" part before the last "bridge/break" (he's getting too old). Rok-Weiler, TDIME, and WoD were shortened only a couple months ago, but I think they're better now. They used to drag on at times.

Hardly any fillers is probably a result of an ever changing short setlist. The set has been different (albeit just by a little bit) for every show since the start of the tour.

This is really interesting thing with this all shortening.
After all of my nine gigs I've seen cutted Their Law, IMD, GYFO and many other but...
To be honest, i ve never seen shortened Breathe, and im curious how would it be.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:04 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am

Offline Profile WWW