<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  Helsinki ICEHALL 3-11-2015

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:35 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
Going to my 5th Prodigy concert. Really Looking forward to it, hearing new tracks live first time!

I'l try and post the setlist if i can.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:03 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 2660Location: Zagreb, CroatiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:15 am
Have a good one bro :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:47 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 109Location: Helsinki, FinlandJoined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:09 pm
Will be there too!

This will be my sixth one. Hope they play Weather Experience and Hyperspeed as they did in Oslo, or better yet something they haven't played in years.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:51 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
Heads wrote:
Will be there too!

This will be my sixth one. Hope they play Weather Experience and Hyperspeed as they did in Oslo, or better yet something they haven't played in years.

Thanks Gava, will do!

Weather Experience and hyperspeed would mega sick!!! Something like break and enter and minefields would be great too..
Other then that. I'm not too worried about setlist, it's quite OK.

wonder what time they hit the stage. doors are 8, so perhaps about 9-10? there isn't any warm up band is there?

Heads, i'm probably wearing my "follow your leader" yellow t-shit, so come say hi if u wish :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:09 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 109Location: Helsinki, FinlandJoined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:09 pm
Apparently the doors open at 18.30 already and there is a local warm-up act (Heavyweight DJs) which doesn't sound all that appealing :)

Yeah sure thing, will also wear a IMD shirt, so will be on the lookout.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:18 pm
Heads wrote:
Apparently the doors open at 18.30 already and there is a local warm-up act (Heavyweight DJs) which doesn't sound all that appealing :)

Yeah sure thing, will also wear a IMD shirt, so will be on the lookout.

ooomff, didn't know that, so prodigy can really go on about 20:00-20:30 then. i think i'v seen heavyweight dj's in Estonia.
they'r not the worst ones. should be there earlier then, thanks for info

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:25 pm
So the timetable is roughly:

20 -> Heavyweight DJs
21.15 -> The Prodigy

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:53 pm
Heads wrote:
So the timetable is roughly:

20 -> Heavyweight DJs
21.15 -> The Prodigy

Cool :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:32 pm
no new tracks. Gig was mega, new tracks rock 1000%, even wall of death, sits perfect in the end of set. Tdime is monster. Hell yeah!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:36 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
Elsewhere wrote:
no new tracks. Gig was mega, new tracks rock 1000%, even wall of death, sits perfect in the end of set. Tdime is monster. Hell yeah!!!!!

What was played from these: hyperspeed, diesel, medicine, weather experience?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:10 am
sado1 wrote:
What was played from these: hyperspeed, diesel, medicine, weather experience?

None, the setlist had Medicine and Weather in it but for some reason they decided to take them out and cut the gig short.
The worst part was that they teased Jericho in the intro but just continued to Breathe as usual :(

https://instagram.com/p/9po3BZgkyJ/

What puzzled me too was that almost every song was shortened to around 2 min edits which kind of felt like they were trying to make the gig as short as possible.

I guess I was a bit disappointed since was expecting something extra even though overall the boys were great and energetic as usual. The highlights for me were definitely TDIME and Their Law with the Osaka fill.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:51 am
hmm, i dont think many tracks were made shorter.. didn't notice it at all tbh. Wasnt gig still around 90minutes? ... they played beyond the deathray.. Hut yeah no weather exp etc

my main goal was to hear new tracks, wich i did. even rockweiler was back on set..
Didnt notice possible negative qualities of the gig :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:15 am
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
Deathray instead of Weather Experience isn't bad. Even if they didn't change the setlist much, diversity was always lacking in their gigs, it's nice to see this slowly changing. The Jericho teasing bit brings some hopes for the future gig surprises - probably not outside of England, though... and I'm pretty sure Rok-Weiler was played 2 days ago - we never seen the official setlist, so I'd say that's a mistake of the guy who entered it on setlist.fm.

As someone mentioned recently (here on BK?), the length of the gig seems to depend on the contract. This kinda sucks, if true, since we have no way to know whether the gig contracted is a shorter or a longer one, and I guess it doesn't make a difference at all for the organizers - money will flow in anyway... and who cares that the band will rush it and won't play anything special...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:32 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1883Location: PolandJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:08 am

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:45 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 353Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 4:26 pm
Fourth gig for me. I enjoyed hearing the new album tracks live, for example Wild Frontier was surprisingly good and that isn't even one of my first favorites from the album. The Day had a lot of kick too. Light show also by far the best I've seen so far from them.

You can't really go wrong on a Prodigy show, but here's some negative aspects considering the current live experience (and also some other facts, not all complaining haha):

I had a good time, but if I would have to rank the shows I've seen so far this was maybe the weakest. Maybe it has to do with the fact that there wasn't as much audience as a couple years back. Much quieter with the singing along and cheering. But on the other hand there was a huge moshpit from the first track to the last, and it was the biggest and maddest I've ever witnessed on a Prodigy gig. I'm more of a dancing and jumping guy, and I don't enjoy shoving and pushing people around, so I stayed out of it. Near the front I had a good room to dance and people were not that crazy.

Some of you said that the tracks seemed shortened and I agree. Since new album tracks have to be added the existing ones have to be edited to fit the 75min frame. Almost every track had lost one verse or some sections were shorter. That caused some tracks to fully lose their potential, like Invaders. Like, it's the intro, chorus and then the clap-your-hands-routine at the end. All in like 2 minutes. Too short, makes it pure filler. Then again a track like Run with The Wolves is album length, goes on for too long and didn't get people that excited.

The current setlists flow could be better because the tempo changes pretty drastically in some places. Rok-Weiler straight after the fast Roadblox makes it sound more sluggish than it is. There weren't as much fills as before so maybe that has to do with the flow also. Little bit gutted to see that the previous nights had Hyperspeed and Weather Experience, since those were something I've always wanted to see live. No Medicine either. At least they played Deathray as a breather.

Also after Take Me to the Hospital (which was a damn good closer, better than I remembered) they played a jam of Out of Space. The others left the stage and there were only Liam and Leo who were basically jamming over the Max Romeo sample for a while before leaving the stage. A fun addition even though they didn't play the actual track.

Overall it was very fun and I enjoyed almost every track, only a few felt forced or in need of an update. Great to hear new tracks live, even though otherwise it was the familiar routine. Maxim seemed to be a little off somehow, I felt he wasn't so interested or present as before. Missed some lines and he even started late on Invaders, it was already halfway the already short edit until he walked back on stage.

By the way, saw a guy with the whole band and all album covers tattooed on his back. That was nuts!

Offline Profile