<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  26-03-2016 - Paaspop Festival, Schijndel, The Netherlands

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:12 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 408Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 am
Jericho-X wrote:
So 3-4 months off gigging and they didn't even take the time to change the setlist? :roll:

Hey man. They spent a lot of time deciding which songs to cut for festivals :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:37 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
Moon wrote:
Jericho-X wrote:
So 3-4 months off gigging and they didn't even take the time to change the setlist? :roll:

Hey man. They spent a lot of time deciding which songs to cut for festivals :wink:

3/4 setlist will always stay same. i guess would should have learn that by now. rest of it is covered by tracks from recent album.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:09 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 376Location: BelgiumJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:59 pm
Just back from the paaspop weekend.

My perception of the prodigy's gig:

During the soundcheck the new banner of the ant with some industrial street background unfoiled. I had high expectations that they might bring some sort of new show or at least a few changes.

Lights went down and the theme song of 'a clockwork orange' started playing. I really expected a new opening song after this as it was nice to hear a new intro for once.
The lads came onstage and you could tell Maxim wasn't 100%, his voice and movement wasn't as energetic as it is usually.

Breathe kicked in and the crowd stood still, barely any movement going on, nasty followed and got the crowd going but also not the usual chaos you expect at a prodigy gig. From then on the band seemed a bit annoyed and went in automatic pilot mode, only Rob seemed to have alot of fun onstage.

They went through the usual order of songs from the day is my enemy tour and I quickly became bored. The show felt stale and with the boring crowd, it quickly became one of the worst times I saw the Prodigy live (around 40 times now)

The sound was messy and during roadblock Maxim even missed his line beginning half a measure too early. I could take this from bands that are spontanious and bring new stuff but for fuck's sake they played it the same for their whole tour.
Check the vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI1Tv-9 ... e=youtu.be

Then I heard something new and thought they would play a new song. It quickly stopped to be played again. After 40 seconds it became boring and you could tell it was one of this loops that was going nowhere. Tell for yourself in the vid underneath but it sounds like a teenager trying to make a traptune for the first time in reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TBVpydWaYw

This is not the shit that I expect from someone who created a masterpiece as Music for the jilted generation.

Then after the vocal break from Smbu the power went down. First I thought they just left the stage because the crowds sucked monkeynuts but it was a generator that blew up.

They came back after a good 10 minutes but alot of the crowd was gone same with the energy. It was nice to hear No Good again but the gig was already ruined.

I saw way better acts this weekends like Modestep and Enter Shikari. Mr oizo played a dj set which showed how creative electronic music can be. Prodigy on the other hand was just plain lazy, they need to take risks again, do new jams, remixes,...maybe working out a new way of playing live instead...

Really dissapointed with this gig

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:07 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 376Location: BelgiumJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:59 pm
Ow yea, Keith looked like he's been going to the gym everydays since that fox incident. Probably gave him some fuel and anger.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:28 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 271Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:42 pm
The intro was the same played in wembley UK arena december 2015 with shootdown sample?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mSoFYoWLpA0

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:00 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 271Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:42 pm
That fill is not new they played on December 2013 on Warehouse Proyect in the first gig was played at the end of hate fill

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:07 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
Jericho-X wrote:

After all these years You've expected some changes? Seriously? Funny :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:14 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3821Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
It looked like a shit festival anyway. I was watching the live feed and the crowd was dead throughout many other acts. People were standing around ignoring the performer and either looking at their phones or just having casual conversations like they're at someone's house party. So I'm not surprised they didn't whip out anything new or change the setlist for this. What's funny is that everyone bashes Ultra. But even Ultra is better than this shit festival... and that's saying something. It's a shame they canceled Ultra and played this BS festival.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:36 pm
Wouldn't really compare this to Ultra. Paaspop has a very wide programmation. From reggae, hiphop to hardstyle, d'n'b and metal.

During modestep and enter shikari, the crowd went very wild. Prodigy just wasn't on top of their game last saturday. The sound was badly mixed and especially Maxim wasn't the crowd inciting mc he normally is.

I stayed up to watch the live return of Pendulum at ultra. Crowd just stood there, no moshpits or chaos just posers taking selfies and doing stupid v sings when they got camera attention.
The whole social media is killing the festival vibe in general though, people are less an less aware of the actual moment of a band performing live.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:59 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 3357Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:58 am
Had to cancel due to a possible hernia. Been out of the running for two weeks now already due to a horrible pain in my back. Wish I could have been there. :(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:24 am
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 681Location: EstoniaJoined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:20 pm
streamblenda wrote:
The whole social media is killing the festival vibe in general though, people are less an less aware of the actual moment of a band performing live.

agreed. not just during liveshows.. its everywhere. its slowly taking over the importance of living in the moment and enjoying direct communication. i stopped it when i realized during a liveshow that most of my concentration went to keeping the camera steady when filming. fuck that. its more important to value an experience and not recording/photographing everything just to be able to see it later... which u mostly dont

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:33 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 408Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 am
The internet as a whole has ruined people's social lives. For example, why leave your house to stand for hours next to strangers when you can appease your desire to see your favorite band perform with free food, privacy, and possibly a better sound system?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:29 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Arie wrote:
Had to cancel due to a possible hernia. Been out of the running for two weeks now already due to a horrible pain in my back. Wish I could have been there. :(

Hope you feel better soon.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:41 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 836Location: NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:04 pm
Arie wrote:

Spoedige beterschap!

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:11 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am