<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  Saturday 16 April 2016 Skonto Halle Riga Latvia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:32 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 271Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:42 pm
more changes

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:18 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
It was good concert. It could allways be louder and more bass for me, but it was ok. Poison part II was pure fire. Glad i went.
Got bonus shoulder tap on Maxim during concert when walked in front of me haha, and later an autograph from car window, also from Maxim :) rest of the guys drove away unfortunately.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:11 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 271Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:42 pm
Elsewhere wrote:
It was good concert. It could allways be louder and more bass for me, but it was ok. Poison part II was pure fire. Glad i went.
Got bonus shoulder tap on Maxim during concert when walked in front of me haha, and later an autograph from car window, also from Maxim :) rest of the guys drove away unfortunately.

Poison was played instead of medicine?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:09 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
loga97 wrote:
Elsewhere wrote:

Poison was played instead of medicine?

I havent seen setlist, dont know if medicine was there or not. But they didnt play it. No Mescaline eather.
They played poison and no good and wall of death.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:58 am
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 681Location: EstoniaJoined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:20 pm
setlist (captured by fellow estonian):

BREATHE
NASTY
OMEN
WILD
FIRESTARTER
ROADBLOX
ROKWEILER
TDIME
VOODOO
GYFO
RUN
INVADERS
POISON
SMACK
---------
THEIRLAW
NOGOOD
WOD
HOSPITAL

that's exactly what they played. ill write a little review. if its too negative, then its because this was my 8th gig and i have enough experience for comparison.

first of all, the sound was way too low for my liking. iv said this many times - sound at gigs used to be a lot louder and heavier. maybe its due to some euro requirements or im just deaf, but i guess its the first one since im not the only one who thinks it couldve been louder. at some points it was difficult to hear all the details just because you could hear people around you so well and at some points the drums were much louder compared to the tracks themselves. there was also something wrong with keef's mic.

i think they turned up the sound halfway through since poison and hospital for example sounded louder and heavier. the ridiculous edits and long pauses without proper fills was the biggest dissapointment. just when people got the groove and flow of the track, it stopped. also there were a lot of breaks between tracks when everything was quite silent - liam played his synths and didnt see keith or maxim (maybe they werent visible), but still - missed the overall groove and flow of the setlist (compared to lets say TLTS and invaders era).

for me, the most enjoyable tracks were voodoo, run, gyfo, poison, no good and wod. really hoped for medicine, but poison was fucking massive. i think the crowd was quite good ... at least a lot better compared to finland last year, but the constant breaks did no justice. it seems that the reality of age and loss of excitement is becoming more and more imminent. or maybe im just going to the wrong gigs haha ... but respect to the lads nevertheless for bringing the prodigy show round the globe at such an age. iv seen them plenty enough to whine here, but my friend saw em first time and he loved it, said it was the best gig his ever been to (only complaint being the edited tracks and breaks). i wish he'd seen em 10 years ago. would have pissed his pants.

its weird that some people at gigs, who dont dance or mosh like the others, are so annoyed and angry at people who do. one girl in front of me made remarks and complained to the moshpit peeps constantly ... it seems so fucking idiotic. wtf are you doing in the front then? when i moved closer to the front later on (which i did constantly) she tried to block me. i went right through and then she kicked me in the back haha. what a cunt. also a russian guy wanted to punch me for trying to go past him, but since i told him to fuck off with a smile on my face, he agreed to join me in the moshpit. all good.

all in all, im really glad i went and it does make you want more and more,, but the mega chaos and destruction a prodigy liveshow used to be is wearing off ...

next stop - july, estonia. it'll be an open air festival, so a totally different vibe, cant wait.

peace

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:09 pm
Nice review and 666th post! haha

i agree.

they should crank it up little bit more. it should be onslaught. tho different frequencies do get more messed up when louder, i would still love bit more craziness. but i guess job of the sound guy isn't easy. room is different every time and it was surprisingly packed this time. and who knows, maybe the band itself doesn't enjoy extra db-s because of the fatigue or smth.. but probably not.

true, groove got bit lost at moments. i also noticed little weird pauses. he could play more stuff from he's computer between songs and mess around less with he's analog gear. i would not be against if he pre-planned all the parts he plays between songs.. guess he tries to keep some things random, but i guess it doesn't always work perfectly. Liam has all these new controllers since last year, does he even uses them?

one time it was funny. Liam was standing in front of hes desk, back to the crowd and tweaking knobs, that was unexpected :D

overall, it was still good and totally worth going, like i said before.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:01 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 235Location: EstoniaJoined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:45 pm
memphis wrote:

its weird that some people at gigs, who dont dance or mosh like the others, are so annoyed and angry at people who do. one girl in front of me made remarks and complained to the moshpit peeps constantly ... it seems so fucking idiotic. wtf are you doing in the front then? when i moved closer to the front later on (which i did constantly) she tried to block me. i went right through and then she kicked me in the back haha. what a cunt. also a russian guy wanted to punch me for trying to go past him, but since i told him to fuck off with a smile on my face, he agreed to join me in the moshpit. all good.

peace

This. I think i met this girl too or maybe it was another person. When i moshed danced or jumped she gave me finger and angry look. Dont understand these kind of people. Dont come to fanzone if you like stand still all the concert. And there was one guy too who was angry to me. But overall i found moshers and joined them and had a great time .

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:42 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
climbatize88 wrote:
memphis wrote:

peace

This. I think i met this girl too or maybe it was another person. When i moshed danced or jumped she gave me finger and angry look. Dont understand these kind of people. Dont come to fanzone if you like stand still all the concert. And there was one guy too who was angry to me. But overall i found moshers and joined them and had a great time .

In 2008 when I saw the guys there was a couple next to the side fence and she was fucking pregnant. The guy was constantly looking angry at anyone brushing next to them. It was festival and I have reason to think the 2 idiots had no idea what Prodigy was about.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:12 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
^^^^ I remember how annoyed you were at that. The dude was holding her in his arms wth a very angry look on his face, but he didn't want to leave. Just stood there in the middle of people jumping with a pregnant girlfriend.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:31 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
*PinHead* wrote:
^^^^ I remember how annoyed you were at that. The dude was holding her in his arms wth a very angry look on his face, but he didn't want to leave. Just stood there in the middle of people jumping with a pregnant girlfriend.

If there ever was an Idiot of the Year Award he should have won it :lol: