<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  Friday 8th July, Jarocin Festival, Poland

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:13 am
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
If anyone from here is going to see them in Jarocin, feel free to find me in the crowd and say hi (we'll probably be there with a large group of Polish fans, so if you see 20+ of people in The Prodigy t-shirts, that's most likely us) - I'll be wearing a black t-shirt with the dripping ants design (see my avatar).

As for my expectations on the setlist, we all know there won't be much changes, but that's fine for me. I want to see the band yet again, and I want to meet the Polish crew, so it's going to be a fun gig for sure. Any surprises that Liam might have up his sleeve will be welcome, but I'm not hoping for too much :) The festival itself, apart from The Prodigy, has only Polish bands and I won't pretend that any of them caught my interest (well, I'd be curious to see Sweet Noise, but seeing as they play after TP, I doubt whether I'll stay).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:14 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
I'll be there and I will try to find and join you.
Polish warriors... tP are calling :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:18 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
lakow wrote:
I'll be there and I will try to find and join you.
Polish warriors... tP are calling :)

Just call me :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:32 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1883Location: PolandJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:08 am
see you there!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:24 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
See ya tomorrow!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:11 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
Everybody in the place...

I saw setlist from Estonia and there could be chance for No Good and Wall Of Death ... oh yes oh yes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:54 am
lakow wrote:
Everybody in the place...

I saw setlist from Estonia and there could be chance for No Good and Wall Of Death ... oh yes oh yes

Meh ;) Its my 11th gig and i want something more. Heard No Good in 2006 and as an fill after Wake The Fuck Up in 2007. We are celebrating 22yrs of Jilted so... BREAK & ENTER. But overall after all these gig i have none expectations.

See You there Lakow, my phone number is still the same.

Edit: There will be a surprise at this gig. Maybe ;)

Last edited by Nightmare on Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:54 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1883Location: PolandJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:08 am
Nightmare wrote:
Its my 11th gig and i want something more.

Mine too. But I havent seen the band since 2010 and the only think I expect is to see a great performance :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:24 am
Nightmare wrote:
Edit: There will be a surprise at this gig. Maybe ;)

I'm too lazy to paste that "I want to believe" picture yet again xD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:40 pm
Usual setlist with all the recent goodies (Poison, No Good, WoD). The rain was pouring like shit, but considering the utterly shit ground it was for the better, at least the dust stopped flying into the lungs xD I actually hoped for a rainy gig and I guess I got it...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:33 am
Still the same setlist, no surprises (Neil McLellan talks shit as it always Liam does)

01.Intro
02.Breathe
03.Nasty
04.Omen
05.Wild Frontier
06.Firestarter
07.Roadblox
08.Rokweiler
09.The Day Is My Enemy
10.Voodoo People
11.Get Your Fight On
12.Run With The Wolves
13.Invaders Must Die
14.Poison
15.Smack My Bitch Up

16.Their Law
17.No Good
18.Wall Of Death
19.Take Me To The Hospital

Good gig, not my best but good even with the average sound system. It was rainy and dusty as hell. Oh might mother nature thanks for the rain because dust does not taste good :lol: Wanted to set up the backstage. Talked with Fairs by the phone but nothing happend because Liam, Flint and Maxim left Jarocin Festival just a few minutes after the gig. My 11th The Prodigy concert and it's time for a break because Im tired of their predictable formula (and weak lp6). Anyway it was nice to meet Zbyniu, Lakow, Sado, Sekal, Grzymalski and the rest of polish crew - thank You!

Zbyniu watch out for your glasses :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:35 pm
Thank God for the rain. There was very dirty and dusty after first 3 tracks.
It wasn't the best gig but polish crew made it very good gig. It was my 8th and I hope still counting.
Before festival I have met polish fanz of Metallica from Jarocin. Very nice freakz. Thank you for conversation about our music hobbies. I saw the biggest private collection of rock music and souvenirs ;)
The Prodigy still in fit and still out of reach in backstage... :(
Anyway thank you polish crew for shared party and conversation about The Prodigy and electronic music condition. :007:

I've heard "No Good" at last :rofl: and "Wall Of Death" first time.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:28 pm
@Nightmare: you knew they never change the setlists so you knew what you signed up for when going to the gig :D I don't mind, it was almost the same as last year but I don't come for the setlists, I come to see the fellow fans and to enjoy the moshpit once more.

About goddamn time they played No Good in our country again, Polish fans fucking deserve it! I finally heard Wall of Death and I can finally address the complaints from ~1 year ago, when some people said it doesn't work live at all. I couldn't disagree more, it's really good, the bass kills and the track is very energetic. Poison was nice too, seems like the SOAD samples are completely cut out from the Chapter II, and Rob plays them on guitar as a kind-of-a solo instead. And every single gig I attend to, it seems like the tracks are even shorter, but on the other hand it's fine if we can get more tracks squeezed in this way.

I started the gig in the middle-front, on the very edge of what would become an insane moshpit "circle" (for lack of a better word, it reminded me of constant wall-of-death-like formation, where everybody was trying to run into each other from every side at the same time), it was a fucking battlefield. The dust got off quickly and everyone started breathing through their t-shirts/bandanas (not that it helped at all :D), and we were thankful for the rain when it came during... Omen I think. Wild Frontier must've been my low point of the gig ("what the fuck am I doing here?" :D), when the rain intensified and I couldn't see shit since my glasses, AND eyes were full of water (not to mention the soaking tshirt + wind combo). To those that will attend a rainy gig someday, I heavily recommend staying shirtless in such conditions, it was loads better that way, and at least I had something to mop up my eyesight with xD Most of the gig I spent at the front slightly to the right, the conditions made the front quite empty when compared to previous gigs I attended to, even right in front of the barriers.

Lots of Prodigy people around, a lot of Jarocin fans who enjoyed themselves as well (take that, Woodstock! :P). I met everyone I could, at least for a short while, I spent the night with my friends from all over the country. Respect to all the warriors (and that comes from the heart ^^) who endured this terrible weather, but to be honest, I prefer rainy gigs for their vibe - although I'm not sure I'd still agree if I forgot to get some clothes to change :D

Last edited by sado1 on Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:34 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 59Location: PolandJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:55 pm
the gig was awesome.
anyone know whats the name of the mixtape before prodigy gig? cant find it anywhere. it was really great. some tracks i remembered:

dr octagon - bear witness
nas - made you look
beastie boys - whatcha want
gangstarr - code of streets (beats)
rage against - renegades of funk
krs one sound of da police
a part from dirtchamber sessions
and some dope dnb tracks.

please help me find it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:10 pm