<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  6.07.16 Õllesummer Festival, Tallinn, Estonia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:36 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 235Location: EstoniaJoined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:45 pm
Only one week left. First open air prodigy show for me. Bring it on ! 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:53 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 353Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 4:26 pm
I'm travelling from Finland to see them, will be the fifth time seeing the band and the first time in another country than my own. I'm interested to see how it goes off in a festival with mostly Estonian bands and barely no other foreign headliners or big groups.

Fingers crossed they play some more uncommon track from FOTL for the 19th anniversary celebration. Mindfields? Not expecting big changes in the set though. They tend to play safe with festivals, but who knows; there have been surprises before on festival shows.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:21 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 109Location: Helsinki, FinlandJoined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:09 pm
Also taking a trip here from Helsinki with a couple of friends. Should be good fun nonetheless but hopefully they wont settle for the same setlist they have had since the start, with a couple of surprises.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:26 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 27Location: EstoniaJoined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:56 am
03.07.2016 :) ...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:32 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
Full setlist, nothing new, but it rocked! Could always complain about the sound, at least this time low end was present enough for open air in my opinion.

Light show was one of the best i'v seen, everything was well syncronized and booming.

:heart:

bumped into climbatize88 after the show, who got the setlist!

EDIT: Photos on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/Ollesummer/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1052077368162550

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:50 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 235Location: EstoniaJoined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:45 pm
Was a nice gig. Light show was very epic ! Sound was little bit quiet but it improved during the show. Band were energetic as usual but i miss some fills between tracks i think they are in their comfort zone right now and dont want to try something new. Venue was so oversold, some of my friends didnt see the show properly. And yeah, got the setlist again 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:22 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
very nice view of the show. layout was crazy, light was mad, bass was killer. fukin a it was awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei1ft9Ih8PA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:44 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 408Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:43 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 353Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 4:26 pm
This was my fifth Prodigy gig and the first I've been to outside Finland. I had a really awesome time and a different experience than before mainly seeing them in the same indoor venue. Setlist pretty much the same when I saw them less than a year ago but I was glad to hear Poison again since it wasn't on the last set. The highlight was to hear No Good for the first time live since it's one of my all time favorites. Almost had tears of joy just thinking about it when I was walking out after the show.

The festival experience was smooth and well worth the ridiculously low price. Me and three of my friends arrived from the back just when the gig started so it took until TDIME to arrive to the front squeezing through the audience. There were many pretty fucking angry people who tried to pick us a fight just from standing in front of them. At festival with thousands of people. C'mon.

Luckily the front was full of happy fans who went wild with a smile on their face and didn't mind a bit of shoving around. One guy wanted to crowdsurf in his wheelchair near the front and straight away lots of people including me went to hold him up on their shoulders and hands. That guy was the boss, and the band noticed it too. This kind of fan spirit was amazing to witness. I lost all my friends during the gig and one of them somehow sneaked himself to the backstage for a while :lol: We found each other after the show so all was well.

The sound was really bad in the side of the field but the front rocked when we got there. I think the shape of the venue was good for an outdoor gig. Overall the experience was one to remember and I had a great time. The band was more energetic than last time I saw them and the crowd buzz was amazing despite of the grumpy assholes in the back.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:36 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 681Location: EstoniaJoined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:20 pm
Im a bit late, but anyhow ...

It was a lot better than i thought, even though the sound was quite low during the first half of the show. I mean the sound from Liam's gear. Vocals, guitar and drums sounded ok. They turned the volume up throughout the show and by TMTTH it was heavy as hell. Bass was banging all the way through.

I dont know whats up with people - for the last 2 or 3 shows i've noticed people whining and complaining and picking fights for people that move around, dance and mosh. Get the fuck out if you want to stand still. Its no fucking theatre. One guy was pushing against my back half the show, trying to protect his girlfriend or smth. Finally i had enough and lunged backward on top of him haha ... at one point i was laying on top of him on my back for a minute or two :lol: I thought he'll attack me but after I told him "chill the fuck out, its a fucking prodigy concert" he backed away and left me alone. Cunts.

But all in all was glad to attend my second open air gig (overall my 9th) and i must say, compared to last 3 or 4 shows, this one was the best. Maybe it was the venue, maybe it was the fact that they were playing in my hometown or just that they had a great response from the crowd and had fun. Voodoo, Poison, No Good and Their Law were the dopest for me. Jilted FTW ! They also praised the gig on their facebook page which is nice, seems like they had a good time. Nice1

And to the best part: there was a guy in a wheelchair at the front. During TMTTH he was lifted up and was "jumping" on top of poeple. Mad as fuck! :guns:

A few photos:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:56 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
It looks fine.