<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  9th Dec: Munich, Germany

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:13 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
Moon wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
There is spitfire too :D

And no Their Law. Yeah remove Their Law and keep Invaders Must Die, Wild Fontier, Omen, Get Your Fight On, Roadblox etc. :roll:

Remove omen and wild frontier from your comment. Add run instead.

Run should be replaced by new track for Keith or by Warning / Piranha / Awol (First Version). Omen and Wild Frontier - both should be removed. Same thing with Firestarter - this track needs a rest (or play it couple of tracks later + change it to album version)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:17 pm
The Prodigy - Resonate
Code:
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1LgmUapYocc1sHVZ6XPt3ilasXuLbCnwj&export=download

Recorded and uploaded by sado1

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:19 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
Nightmare wrote:
The Prodigy - Resonate
Code:
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1LgmUapYocc1sHVZ6XPt3ilasXuLbCnwj&export=download

:bow:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:25 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
Short, probably Liam testing the track, or its in the demo phase. Im pretty sure we will hear some other ideas on this tour. :bow:

tnx sado1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:36 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 408Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 am
Prodigal Son wrote:
Short, probably Liam testing the track, or its in the demo phase. Im pretty sure we will hear some other ideas on this tour. :bow:

tnx sado1

At the very least Brixton will have something different.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:47 pm
Moon wrote:
Prodigal Son wrote:

tnx sado1

At the very least Brixton will have something different.

Remember three gigs in a row in 2013 (Manchester)? Same setlist ;) Or three gigs in a row at Brixton in 2012? Same setlit + Dogbite and The Day one night. Or four gigs in a row in Russia this year? Same setlist + Mindfields one night. One thing is for sure - we need more changes. Change tracks, rotate tracks order etc. (and i will not buy this bullshit like programmed lights for the tracks etc. etc.)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:55 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:56 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
It's definitely Brother Culture on vocals

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:02 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
Nightmare wrote:
Prodigal Son wrote:

And no Their Law. Yeah remove Their Law and keep Invaders Must Die, Wild Fontier, Omen, Get Your Fight On, Roadblox etc. :roll:

Wild Frontier is great, and still fresh...

Omen, Nasty, Run... their three worst live tracks ever!

And they need to fuck off this fucking firestarter from setlist for fuck sake. :evilflame:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:20 am
ColonelColonelPosts: 996Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:15 pm
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
The Prodigy - Resonate
Code:

:bow:

link anyone? i'd love to hear this before i go to sleep tonight ;)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:28 am
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
Mission report, Munich 9th December.

We arrived few hours early to get ready for the gig, I think that's gonna be the last time I go to a gig in winter, it's fucking freezing in Munich, no fun to wander through the streets and that's why I didn't even bother to meet anyone afterwards (plus we had to go back early today so only a few hours of sleep). The security didn't let us in with the flag, I kinda expected that these times, but still wasn't too happy about it. Dope D.O.D. played for half an hour or so and even though I didn't know their music much, I really enjoyed it, they just have the right energy to open for this band. They had a little sound problem at start (no bass and other frequencies sounding very bad, like a cable wouldn't be connected all the way in) but after getting whistled out by the crowd they fixed it and went on. The Prodigy came after a usual 40min wait, I wish the sound quality was better, since it was just a wall of bass and other sounds were hard to hear, no matter where I stood (I was at the other end of the hall for a couple of tracks and in front rows for most of tracks). That explains why I didn't really hear the new track well. I recognized it was very hard and it sounded like it'll be a good track tho. They followed on with the usual setlist, and it seems like Spitfire was a permanent Their Law replacement. And speaking of permanent replacements... This gig adds even more confusion to who is the live The Prodigy guitarist, since Rob was surprisingly back.

I guess that's it, I'm not sure I can honestly say I enjoyed the gig, but that's more about the weather and bad planning on my side (no time for anything).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:14 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 121Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:25 pm
Unbelievable,what is wrong with this band?trolling round the same old yet again.such a superb back catalogue.its all on tape liam,put on mftjg press play job done or do 5 new tracks anything rather than fight,run,nasty,wild

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:22 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Guest01 wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
Prodigal Son wrote:

Wild Frontier is great, and still fresh...

Omen, Nasty, Run... their three worst live tracks ever!

And they need to fuck off this fucking firestarter from setlist for fuck sake. :evilflame:

I think Wild Frontier has done its job, and should go. It was never a massive hit either. I do like it though.

Omen and Nasty, yeah. Though Nasty has not been so long on the setlist, it is too similar to Omen, same beats and structure, they are a bit like sibling tracks, and they get a tad boring live.

Run is actually a good live track, if I had to chose one of their fast tracks, it would be it, or Fuel My Fire. So I think he should replace Run with Fuel My Fire. It has been on the setlist since 2009, so time to disappear.

Invaders Must Die is f...ing done. I liked it in the beginning, but it ended up being the annoying pop hit from The Prodigy. I never really thought it worked that well live, and are surprised it is still there.

Their Law I have an understanding have been on the setlist so long, it is like their revolution track, which made another sound path beside their rave sound. It has never been my favorite, but I think it should be in an edited version on the setlist. The same goes for Breathe (which they play edited), Firestarter, Voodoo People (without the Pendulum mix), SMBU.

Glad to have Poison, No Good and Everybody in the Place back!

Not so glad about Breathe as an opener. EITP was a perfect opener this summer!

Get Your Fight On should f... off. It is too similar to TMTTH, so it is like playing the track twice.

NO MORE dubstep tracks!!!

What I miss on the setlist is:
-A variation of newer mixes of Charly, Fire, maybe with some Brother Culture vocals added? It is too underated, and Your Love maybe.
-The album version of Thunder, like they did a couple of times in the UK i believe.
-Destroy with live lyrics.
-Hyperspeed should be in once in a while, like every 2-3 time.
-A variation of Benny Blanco! the new mix!, Break & Enter and Diesel Power, and not with the Pain sample.
-Break fillers, like The Heat [The Energy], Skylined, Claustrophobic Sting, instead of Omen reprise, Weather Experience, or what they use these days.
-And most important, NEW SONGS!!!

Last edited by Trawizz on Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:49 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 353Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 4:26 pm
That's clearly Ragga Twins vocals on the new track. Since they are supporting on some of the later tour dates, I'd expect them to join the stage at some point.

Track itself sounds okay, nothing ground-breaking though. The structure seems a bit incomplete, so could be still in the works.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:58 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 121Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:25 pm
Well said lieutenant

Offline Profile