<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  Clockenflap Festival, Hong Kong (another new guitarist?)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:15 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
Trawizz wrote:
I never thought any other than Gizz Butt did a very good job on live shows. Specially Their Law and Firestarter!. The worst one was the guy during the 95 shows, can't remember his name. I am not impressed with this new guy either, he made The Prodigy sound a bit like a metal band.

Jim davies formerly of pitchshifter loved his gutar work on break and enter

Last edited by dirt on Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:26 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
climbatize92 wrote:
But Hong Kong is not China ? :lol:

Ah, so no censorship in Hong Kong, only in China?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:39 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 422Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:31 pm
Harbinger wrote:
climbatize92 wrote:

Hong Kong is China from 1997 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong#Resumption_of_British_rule_and_industrialisation:_1945.E2.80.931997

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:12 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1650Location: Paris, FranceJoined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:17 pm
neomatrix wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
climbatize92 wrote:

Hong Kong is China from 1997 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong#Resumption_of_British_rule_and_industrialisation:_1945.E2.80.931997

well, looking on metallica setlist in Hong Kong and China, I see a lot of songs dropped in China, and standard setlist in Hong Kong. So I think they're cooler.
Hong Kong have some western way of life, but they're still very close to China authority as Taiwan.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:57 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 233Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm
It is true I think that HK will be more relaxed than mainland China, culturally it is more westernised.

The only time I've been aware of the language being moderated on stage was when they played Indonesia. I'm sure that with both SMBU and Their Law, whilst the vocal samples were played (possibly muted slightly or scrambled), Keith and Maxim did not add their parts. Maybe someone can do the legwork for me and look for the footage to confirm.

As a more general point, I would welcome less of the effing from Maxim, I think he relies on it too much and has long been lazy with his ad-lib vocals. "all my fucking warriors put your fucking hands in the fucking air, it's your fucking night" sort of dampens the effect. Long gone are the days when he would at least attempt a freestyle rap.

Offline Profile