<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  Thursday 14 December 2017 Apollo Manchester England

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:47 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1349Location: Manchester, EnglandJoined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 am

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:18 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 271Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:42 pm
setlist
Attachments:
CACBAE6B-226C-42FF-8B05-9B9695B936C7.jpeg
CACBAE6B-226C-42FF-8B05-9B9695B936C7.jpeg [ 236.09 KiB | Viewed 3184 times ]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:22 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 121Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:25 pm
At last the shuffle button has started working

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:53 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
kenny wrote:
At last the shuffle button has started working

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:48 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
Very good decision with main synth change in 'Need Some 1' ;) Sounds better, less annoying.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:19 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Noooooo! Ugh, the idea I was so thrilled about. Totally preferred the original synthline in I Need Someone. It was catchy and fun. This just doesn't have the same vibe and loses the energy for me. I was excited, but it has been diminished. Hoping the original melody isn't completely abandoned.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:29 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
NEOREV wrote:
Noooooo! Ugh, the idea I was so thrilled about. Totally preferred the original synthline in I Need Someone. It was catchy and fun. This just doesn't have the same vibe and loses the energy for me. I was excited, but it has been diminished. Hoping the original melody isn't completely abandoned.

+1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:33 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Just the 1 pic with Keef's head about to explode

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcurVOHhy4M

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:34 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 275Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
NEOREV wrote:

+1

+2

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:42 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1349Location: Manchester, EnglandJoined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 am
Being totally honest now my hangover has gone, i'm not feeling the new material as it just sounds like an extension of the last album. It didn't do that much for me live, great to hear new beats but nothing stand out from both :?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:03 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1883Location: PolandJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:08 am

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:13 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 353Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 4:26 pm
NEOREV wrote:

The original was goofier, which actually made it sound more playful and fresh. The cuts make it sound too serious for its nature.

This reminds me why a Prodigy fan should never get too keen on live snippets that are still in the testing phase.

For this reason Warrior's Dance still kind of haunts me a little bit. In 2008 I must've listened the comeback recordings from Sheffield like a hundred times. It was the single track I was most excited about when waiting for IMD. I died a little when the intro sample was tweaked, since I had fallen in love with it so much.

I actually managed to avoid Rebel Radio, Medicine, Destroy and all that before the release of TDIME - and it was worth it on the first listen. If a new album is officially announced, maybe then I'll get off Youtube from new recordings. It doesn't feel like a certainty that these recent new beats are going to even appear on a new release.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:14 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
resonate sounds like a remix of beyond the deathray

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:48 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Mowgli wrote:
NEOREV wrote:

The original was goofier, which actually made it sound more playful and fresh. The cuts make it sound too serious for its nature.

This reminds me why a Prodigy fan should never get too keen on live snippets that are still in the testing phase.

For this reason Warrior's Dance still kind of haunts me a little bit. In 2008 I must've listened the comeback recordings from Sheffield like a hundred times. It was the single track I was most excited about when waiting for IMD. I died a little when the intro sample was tweaked, since I had fallen in love with it so much.

I actually managed to avoid Rebel Radio, Medicine, Destroy and all that before the release of TDIME - and it was worth it on the first listen. If a new album is officially announced, maybe then I'll get off Youtube from new recordings. It doesn't feel like a certainty that these recent new beats are going to even appear on a new release.

You had it with Warrior's Dance. I "cried" a little when Unstoppable was turned to Mescaline. Or not to mention BGAT or Shoot Down... Damn it...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:49 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
NEOREV wrote:

My opinion aswell... The best parts are now gone!

Last edited by Trawizz on Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile