<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  Friday 15 December 2017 The Dome Doncaster England

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:45 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 68Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:16 pm
I don't mind the DnB section, but I'm not a fan of the lyrics or that high pitched synth.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:44 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Mrdave79 wrote:
You lot are unfair. We moan that Liam is giving us by-the-book tracks and then he tries something new and people are worried. To me he’s going back to the old days and trying new stuff out live and modifying the hell out of it. Need some 1 has, to my mind, reused the Osaka fill in a new way, and resonate is moving forward with each play. The set list is changing nightly and they seem on top form generally. So let them have their dodgy tracks. Invaders ain’t exactly a classic in my book but people love it. I’m well excited about Brixton in a way i’ve not been about a gig since a decade ago or so.

I think Need Some1 is closer to Dogbite. Osaka Fill's title is Gun Reprise https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcV3drittbA

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:24 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 971Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:10 am
Mrdave79 wrote:
You lot are unfair. We moan that Liam is giving us by-the-book tracks and then he tries something new and people are worried. To me he’s going back to the old days and trying new stuff out live and modifying the hell out of it. Need some 1 has, to my mind, reused the Osaka fill in a new way, and resonate is moving forward with each play. The set list is changing nightly and they seem on top form generally. So let them have their dodgy tracks.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:19 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Biggest crowd response on the night were for 'Firestarter' and 'Breathe'. New tracks always get a muted reaction as people don't know the tracks. A lot of people only want to hear tracks they know. Personally I'd rather hear new tracks all night.

The gig seemed to go down a storm with the crowd. Absolutely rammed everywhere, next to no room to move and a sweating mass of people.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:20 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 76Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:10 pm
Surprised to read that, in Tilburg i saw the most (fukkin) smartphones during firestarter but noticed the crowd went wild during tracks like get your fight on. From the last 5 gigs I saw, Omen did very well every time

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:40 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
The Prodigy - Boom Tap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3QPPVnlKuo

Full rec.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:32 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
I like 'Boom Tap'. It's a real ear worm for me. The beats sound good and the lyrics are fun.

Maxim said "You've all gone quiet" not because the track bombed (it didn't, people were dancing hard to the drops) but more likely they were waiting for the next drop and didn't realise the track had finished. There tends to be 20 or 30 seconds of Liam free styling on the synths at the end of some tracks.

So far it looks like I was lucky to go to Doncaster and hear 3 new tracks rather than the 2 new tracks other venues have had.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:34 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
I like 'Boom Tap'. It's a real ear worm for me. The beats sound good and the lyrics are fun.

Maxim said "You've all gone quiet" not because the track bombed (it didn't, people were dancing hard to the drops) but more likely they were waiting for the next drop and didn't realise the track had finished. There tends to be 20 or 30 seconds of Liam free styling on the synths at the end of some tracks.

So far it looks like I was lucky to go to Doncaster and hear 3 new tracks rather than the 2 new tracks other venues have had.

Yes exactly. I'm only worried that it will have the same destiny as 'Stab' .