<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  23rd 24th June: Hurricane and Southside Festivals, Germany

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:45 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
On stage tonight 23-15

Tomorrow 22-30

Post the setlists :lol:

Last edited by Harbinger on Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:46 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Impossible.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:03 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Impossible.

Feel free to delete if the same old setlist.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:51 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:01 am
The "Incoming" insta post was probably referring to All Saints :-|

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:20 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 370Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:31 pm
awesome track the one next to SMBU and before No Good...

I know that I m gonna be like a justin bieber bitch when album drops... but right now.... ENOUGH WITH THIS F SHIT !!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:19 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 233Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm
ExCiZieR wrote:

I know that I m gonna be like a justin bieber bitch when album drops... but right now.... ENOUGH WITH THIS F SHIT !!!

I have a feeling this round of new material isn't going to be heard until it actually drops, or maybe only very close to release. YouTube has killed the days of extensive road testing for new tunes.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:24 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 185Location: PolandJoined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:57 pm
baxterbasics wrote:
ExCiZieR wrote:

I have a feeling this round of new material isn't going to be heard until it actually drops, or maybe only very close to release. YouTube has killed the days of extensive road testing for new tunes.

I think I prefer these current gigs to be finished with whatever setlist and then new album dropped in the awesome quality !

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:58 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 408Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 am
If this was the kind of audience engagement they got for every song then I could understand them never wanting to change what's played. However, perhaps the lights need to be dimmed so Prodigy can see the audience not moving for other songs that just need to go away.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/6646065f24a10e514951a741049d0502/5B3558E8/t50.2886-16/35798837_163928281134577_4231588246024355840_n.mp4

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:35 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
In my experience of Prodigy gigs all the crowd favourite tracks (Firestarter, Breathe, Omen and Smack My Bitch Up) get the biggest reaction. New tracks usually get the least reaction.

A lot of us on fan forums would probably prefer a set of new tracks and rarely played old tracks (or new remixes of old tracks). We're in the minority when it comes to the gig going crowd who want to hear what they know.

Realistically all artists have to play the expected tracks in their live set. I doubt The Prodigy's set list will change until the new album is here.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:15 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 233Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
In my experience of Prodigy gigs all the crowd favourite tracks (Firestarter, Breathe, Omen and Smack My Bitch Up) get the biggest reaction. New tracks usually get the least reaction.

A lot of us on fan forums would probably prefer a set of new tracks and rarely played old tracks (or new remixes of old tracks). We're in the minority when it comes to the gig going crowd who want to hear what they know.

Realistically all artists have to play the expected tracks in their live set. I doubt The Prodigy's set list will change until the new album is here.

It's true, we hardcore fans are a small minority - most of the crowd at a gig will be casual fans who have not been avidly pouring over every set list and YouTube video for the last 15 years. They want to hear 'the hits'.

Having said that, there are plenty of 'hits' to choose from that would still allow for some set list variety.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:40 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am
baxterbasics wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:

It's true, we hardcore fans are a small minority - most of the crowd at a gig will be casual fans who have not been avidly pouring over every set list and YouTube video for the last 15 years. They want to hear 'the hits'.

Having said that, there are plenty of 'hits' to choose from that would still allow for some set list variety.

i understand that in festivals, not in the November/December tour they done last year. they play the same shit list on either festivals and their own gig (exactly the same songs and time). which is ridiculous

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:27 am
UN wrote:
baxterbasics wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:

i understand that in festivals, not in the November/December tour they done last year. they play the same shit list on either festivals and their own gig (exactly the same songs and time). which is ridiculous

I was lucky as I went to Doncaster where I got to hear 3 new tracks (Resonate, Need Some 1 and Boom Tap). The crowd went mental for the classic hits. A room full of 2000 people (or however many it was) probably only contains 200 'mega fans' (at the very most) who are like us, checking forums, checking set lists, seeing every tweet, etc.

I only went to the gig as it promised new music. I had to travel and stay over to go as there were no gigs near where I live. I wouldn't have gone if there wasn't the promise of new music. People get annoyed reading the set lists but I don't expect any changes until the new album.

My dream gig is one where no 'hits' (Firestarter, Breathe, Their Law, etc) are played, only rarities and new music. It will never happen.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:21 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am
James Jupiter wrote:

I was lucky as I went to Doncaster where I got to hear 3 new tracks (Resonate, Need Some 1 and Boom Tap). The crowd went mental for the classic hits. A room full of 2000 people (or however many it was) probably only contains 200 'mega fans' (at the very most) who are like us, checking forums, checking set lists, seeing every tweet, etc.

I only went to the gig as it promised new music. I had to travel and stay over to go as there were no gigs near where I live. I wouldn't have gone if there wasn't the promise of new music. People get annoyed reading the set lists but I don't expect any changes until the new album.

My dream gig is one where no 'hits' (Firestarter, Breathe, Their Law, etc) are played, only rarities and new music. It will never happen.

i disagree.
Get Your Fight On
Run
Roadblox
are shit songs that could be replaced.

Ig you check by era you get:
Experience: 0
MFTJG: 3
TFOTL: 3
IMD: 4
TDIME: 5
2 new songs of the album that will be released in 2020

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:36 am
UN wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:

i disagree.
Get Your Fight On
Run
Roadblox
are shit songs that could be replaced.

Ig you check by era you get:
Experience: 0
MFTJG: 3
TFOTL: 3
IMD: 4
TDIME: 5
2 new songs of the album that will be released in 2020

What did I say that you are disagreeing with?

I gave up wishing Liam would play certain tracks and drop certain tracks a long time ago. He does what he wants. That's why I'm looking forward to the new album. There should be at least 5 new tracks introduced into the live set.

My personal set list choice would go down like a shit sandwich with your average Prodigy gig going fan. People have their own opinions on what should be played.

Offline Profile