<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  THE PRODIGY - UK & EUROPEAN ARENA TOUR NOV & DEC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:40 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 139Location: IsraelJoined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:49 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
gnobal wrote:
Moon wrote:

While I like The Prodigy's choice of stage design, I believe it's a little dated.
So for myself I don't mind if it continues to be the way that it has always been, but if the band invested in a more modern stage design, maybe they would get more exposure with new crowds.

Example: I like some of G Jones' music, but regardless of whether you like it or not - many people are tweeting about this set:
https://twitter.com/ashlath94/status/10 ... 7575170048
(Wait for the drop at 0:29 to see the stage in full effect)

http://xpressmag.com.au/the-prodigy-the ... interview/

Quote:
Liam: I think most electronic artists now rely on all these video screens and all this mad shit… We’re more traditional in our approach. We don’t really wanna go down that route. The DJ with all the big shit behind him, all that nonsense. We’re not into that.

I've always preferred The Prodigy's 'real' live show visuals (i.e. Maxim and Keith) to the video screen live shows of e.g. Orbital and The Chemical Brothers. Obviously Orbital and The Chemical Brothers use the screens for their shows as they don't have MCs or dancers and two blokes standing behind banks of equipment isn't visually exciting. I just think if The Prodigy started using live videos for every track you end up watching the screen and not the stage.

Fair enough - a conscious choice by the band.
Like I said... I'm cool with the current lighting setup. Does the job for me. At this point I'm hardly looking at the stage, anyway :)

I'm curious - those of you who have been to more than a couple of shows - do you still look at what Keith and Maxim are doing on stage?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:01 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
It's mainly the very impressive light show for visuals.

Keith still dances on occasion. Obviously there was more to watch in the days when Leeroy and Keith were dancing.

The 'No Tourists' tour had a screen either side of the stage which seemed to mainly be showing Maxim and Keith.

Offline Profile