<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  Friday 2 Nov 2018 SEC Centre Glasgow Scotland

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:25 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 11Location: SF USAJoined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:30 pm
Interesting that Resonate wasn't played live after release since we have seen that at every live show since December and I believe it was the first new track that we got to hear live? That's what got me pumped in the first place!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:38 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
Bomber wrote:
Interesting that Resonate wasn't played live after release since we have seen that at every live show since December and I believe it was the first new track that we got to hear live? That's what got me pumped in the first place!

Indeed. Resonate would be a great opener.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:44 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
untitled6 wrote:

No. Even legendary track as Breathe is a bad choice.

We Live Forever
https://youtu.be/THzIrVId6b4

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:52 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 1980Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:27 am
Maybe that's why - it's been played out so trying other new tracks. Keeping the staple for those who may not know the new ones yet.
Let's be honest, they could play so many from the and there's always going to be a few you wished they'd​ play.
I'm hoping Timebomb Zone gets an outing next week though.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:06 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 121Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:25 pm
Liam gonna drop run,nasty and wild. Does anybody actually like them? Apart from that crowd and show was immense 9/10

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:19 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 233Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm
This is supposed to be the No Tourists tour. Instead we get the same set they been doing for three years with a couple of new tunes added in. Breathe and hospital still open and close. No TZ or Boom Tap.

A little disappointing if I’m honest.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:23 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
rsshawn wrote:
I'm hoping Timebomb Zone gets an outing next week though.

TBZ will probably be the next single so would think so.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:55 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
I was expecting much more of the new album to be played. Hopefully they'll add in some more new tracks as they go. It is an issue when a tour starts the same day the album comes out. It's either they play most of the new album and the crowd reaction is muted as they don't know the tracks, or the route they seem to have taken, they are still playing a mixed set. It's the 'No Tourists' tour so you'd expect the new album to feature heavily. As the new tracks haven't been road tested at gigs they may feel it's a lot of new tracks to try out live in one go.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:38 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 233Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm
I think they need to have more faith in the new material. How can they not include Timebomb? Baffling. Also if they do work more into the set later in the tour and I’d been to Glasgow, I’d be pissed off!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:50 pm
Yeah bit miffed only 4 trax from no tourists. Ffwf and give me a signal should be added,no problem with vocalists not being there doesnt stop other tunes being played with samples

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:34 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
https://musicfeeds.com.au/features/the-prodigy-are-not-done-shaking-up-music/

Quote:
MF: It’s exciting you’re coming back to Australia. What can we look forward to from the shows?

LH: Yeah, it’s always exciting to come to Australia. There was a time when we used to come every year to Australia. We’ve been to Australia literally from the start. So we’re excited about being back with the new record. I think we had the chance to come before, but we like to come with new music ’cause we want people to see us fresh again. It’s like a new album invigorates the band. We’ll come with a different show and just bring the energy; bring the noise again. Also we’re about to do a UK/European tour, so the songs will have been played, and played a lot, and we’ll probably know what we’re doing by the time we get to Australia.

We’ve played three songs of [No Tourists] live and we’ve got another three prepared. The thing is with playing loads of new tracks live, not every one wants to hear new track after new track. I mean, I don’t when I go and see a band. I wanna hear it mixed up. So we’ll be rotating the set with new and old stuff all the time so it doesn’t get boring for us. You can’t ignore the old stuff. We take pride in making that fresh, too, and keeping that alive. You talked about ‘Smack My Bitch Up’ – that is still our anthem as far as live [performance] goes. That and ‘Take Me To The Hospital’ [from 2009’s Invaders Must Die] – those two tracks. We played ‘Take Me To The Hospital’ the first time, we premiered it, in Sydney. And we recorded a live film of that. So, yeah, that was exciting, when we did Invaders… Yeah, we’re just looking forward to coming back down and doing the new tunes, you know?

Only 6 of the 'No Tourist' tracks were prepared for playing live at the time this interview was done.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:54 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
Nightmare wrote:
untitled6 wrote:

No. Even legendary track as Breathe is a bad choice.

We Live Forever
https://youtu.be/THzIrVId6b4

What a track live. god!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:24 pm
Sad thing is Liam has a habit if not mixing it up,hopefully the set changes during the tour. Pleading yet again get rid of nasty,rwtw and wild frontier

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:55 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:32 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1883Location: PolandJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:08 am