<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  New beginnings - back touring 2022???

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:30 am
GruntGruntPosts: 80Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 pm
I know nothing is for certain but now the world is starting to get back to some sort of normality and coupled with Liam in the studio, do we think it’s a possibility that the band will tour again?

Bands are now showing up on festival posters for 2022 gigs already.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:13 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 422Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:31 pm
Is it possible without Keith ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:27 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 80Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 pm
Of course it’s possible, look at Linkin Park without Chester.

It’s whether they feel they can without Keef

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:01 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
The way I'm thinking... It is definitely happening. Liam Always said in every interview that The Prodigy is a live band and it would not survive without that aspect.

They are back in the studio, making new noise. Making a brand new docu. Things are moving forward as far as we know it.

If they wanted to retire The Prodigy after Keefs sad departure it would have happened by now.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:41 am
GruntGruntPosts: 53Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 5:26 am
I think they will return to concerts in 2022, maybe we will get a movie, a new album and a tour in the package... The Prodigy is a specific band, Liam himself once said that he doesn't want to cram two frontmen in every track on every album, for me, Liam, Maxim, Leo and Olly will be able to come back to playing live.
Keith didn't sing so many songs live that it would paralyze their live performances, since Linkin Park occasionally play concerts without Chester, The Prodigy can go back to playing live all the more

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:18 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 93Location: PolandJoined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:51 pm
They'll do it, of course no-one will ever replace the Keith's appearance, but they'll keep on.
I also think, that it's the great field for the Liam to do some experiments, maybe mashup some tracks, like the Chemical Bros do, or to bring some guests on their gigs, seriously, why the fuck, they didn't played the Fight Fire With Fire on the gigs supported by the Ho99o9?!

I feel, that those hard times will affect on some even harder beats, and basically bring the next stage of evolution for the band, as as much as I love the last 3 albums, we all must agree, that they sound like another volumes of Invaders album.
It's not the end, it's clearly the another chapter for the band

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 2:40 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 996Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:15 pm
Please don't make any assumptions.

I'm sure we would all jump on the chance to be able to watch them perform live again, but whether they will want to continue doing that without keith is another question.

I always remember them talking about the band as a tripod, you take one leg out and it doesn't work, maybe it's this case here.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:10 am
Progress Is Made wrote:
Please don't make any assumptions.

I'm sure we would all jump on the chance to be able to watch them perform live again, but whether they will want to continue doing that without keith is another question.

I always remember them talking about the band as a tripod, you take one leg out and it doesn't work, maybe it's this case here.

Yeah .... And Leeroy and Sharky? If they did not want to continue, they would have issued a message immediately after Keith's death. Don't take away people's hopes for concerts.There will be a document and new music, I think the concerts will complete all of this, Liam himself said that the band exists to give new music to the fans live, so if there will be new music, there will be concerts

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 9:56 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2220Location: DenmarkJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:55 pm
I think it will be a spiritual feeling seeing them again. I hope they will continue to bring the noise. Moving forward can mean a lot of things, but making more music is (I think) what a musician needs to do. And, yes, The Prodigy is a live band. It will be interesting to see how they take the band to the next level.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 10:04 pm
Lectro wrote:
I think it will be a spiritual feeling seeing them again. I hope they will continue to bring the noise. Moving forward can mean a lot of things, but making more music is (I think) what a musician needs to do. And, yes, The Prodigy is a live band. It will be interesting to see how they take the band to the next level.

Now that, you put it right, it will be a spiritual feeling to see them again

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 8:54 am
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
they once played live with just keith in 2015 when maxim was absent. If they can play live without Maxim, they can play live without keith.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 9:52 am
Jr wrote:
they once played live with just keith in 2015 when maxim was absent. If they can play live without Maxim, they can play live without keith.

Exactly

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 6:45 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
Jr wrote:

where was that ?
i know they played without maxim in paris back in 1995

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcOiuYlIUhE

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:24 pm
dirt wrote:
Jr wrote:

where was that ?
i know they played without maxim in paris back in 1995

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcOiuYlIUhE

Brisbane Australia 2015 gig without Maxim:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cWUjRmOHOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vbbxauYdfY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcqAwuDMA2k

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 4:11 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Everytime I think of the possibility of them playing live again, I remember these quotes from this depressing article :

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainmen ... DERIIROUY/

Quote:
"I spoke to my wife and said 'I think I've just seen their last show'. It really felt like that, based on that conversation with Keith and also Liam.'

Quote:
"Liam [Howlett, band member] was saying how it was 30 years next year and that it might be time to retire. They just felt and looked really tired and Keith was like a shell of himself, not the Keith I knew from way back."