<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  The prodigy live 2022 UK dates

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:50 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
Isn't it time to change the logo by now? They have been using the same one since 2008, that includes 3 albums, 1 live album and this new era, the other ones lasted much less.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:46 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 97Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
jonyintheplace wrote:
Isn't it time to change the logo by now? They have been using the same one since 2008, that includes 3 albums, 1 live album and this new era, the other ones lasted much less.

I totally agree with you.

I have awaited new official band logo design since the IMD era ended. Even if don't find anything wrong with the one they have used now for so long. But the change nicely separates different eras of their journey and to change the logo with each album have became some kind of trademark to them back in the days.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:37 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1343Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:27 pm
Deaf_Hyena wrote:
Well they are getting on now, they won't be able to perform like that for much longer. Ending on that high would be a fitting way to bow out, in my opinion.

My version of this would be that I'd be quite content if this was my last time seeing them. It was a little bow to tie it all up. A perfect send off.

However, when they announce the next tour I'll be there with my fistful of dollars and a fire in my heart

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:31 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Lastu wrote:
jonyintheplace wrote:

I have awaited new official band logo design since the IMD era ended. Even if don't find anything wrong with the one they have used now for so long. But the change nicely separates different eras of their journey and to change the logo with each album have became some kind of trademark to them back in the days.

But the logo has changed with their style. Since IMD, the sound has been pretty similar.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:11 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
Trawizz wrote:
Lastu wrote:
jonyintheplace wrote:

But the logo has changed with their style. Since IMD, the sound has been pretty similar.

Yes, that's right as well.

In my opinion, we can classify 3 main different eras (of course each era has its multiple subdivisions)

1991-1998 (top of the game, 3 legendary albums, 4 members, sound creators with each album)

2001-2007 (post fotl era, 7 year-gap, new sound somehow disappointing at first, now it's become more appreciated by fans. This era covers bgat, aono up to the 2007 shadow and first warning tunes).

2008- up to now (same sound except no tourists - no massive change anyway- same logo, same bangerzzzz for the gigs attitude...it's like The Prodigy trying to imitate a certain image of The Prodigy, probably I'm not explaining myself very well).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:34 am
Trawizz wrote:
Lastu wrote:
jonyintheplace wrote:

I think the attitude towards music making has been the same for Liam since IMD so it propably feels like the music made since then has been "cut from the same tree". And far as I can go in the memory lane The Prodigy music have always been recognizable despite the tempo, style or era. This being said I don't think the music since IMD has been that similar it have started to bother me. But thats just me talking.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:50 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 233Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm
untitled6 wrote:
Deaf_Hyena wrote:
Well they are getting on now, they won't be able to perform like that for much longer.

Been hearing this shit for 10 years now

I remember thinking it back as far as Leeds in 2002! I was wrong, thankfully (it was just a 'bad time' for them as we now know).

After attending Brixton 2022, I now hope Liam and Maxim carry on forever. Even if they have to come on stage in wheelchairs.

I even think that maybe the loss of Keith has extended The Prodigy's life expectancy. A lot of what Keith brought depended on his physical mania and hyperactivity, and it was clear in 2018 this was on the wane (what wasn't so obvious was what was going on in his head, of course).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:14 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Wild Frontier (Liverpool)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgmmF3xp7mf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:30 pm
CorporalCorporalPosts: 333Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:33 am
Predicting an announcement early September for another similar tour in December

This time involving Ireland & the rest of the UK

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:52 pm
CaptainCaptainPosts: 657Location: united kingdomJoined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:58 pm
baxterbasics wrote:
untitled6 wrote:
Deaf_Hyena wrote:
Well they are getting on now, they won't be able to perform like that for much longer.

I remember thinking it back as far as Leeds in 2002! I was wrong, thankfully (it was just a 'bad time' for them as we now know).

After attending Brixton 2022, I now hope Liam and Maxim carry on forever. Even if they have to come on stage in wheelchairs.

I even think that maybe the loss of Keith has extended The Prodigy's life expectancy. A lot of what Keith brought depended on his physical mania and hyperactivity, and it was clear in 2018 this was on the wane (what wasn't so obvious was what was going on in his head, of course).

Unfortunately they’ll not do anything more, a friend who works at XL (prodigy are still heavily connected to the label) told me Liam and Maxim are both done now, this was definitely the finale, they’ll be some announcement in the next few months, I’m glad I got to see them on their last tour.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:43 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 333Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:29 am
From Liam's instagram after the last gig

Quote:
theprodigyofficial:
Thanku Brixton for a truly epic night ,,
Thanku to all the people for making this whole tour so massive,
It’s been uplifting, emotional, sonically violent , crowd chaotic ,10,000 degrees…..
all that shit we luv ,!!
we are energised by ur support and luv and we will never forget that . Respect always to the worldwide Prodigy warriors who represent, we luv u all..
See u mutha fukkas real soon

That doesn't sound like someone ready to hang up their coat. Also, Liam and Maxim have bills to pay, there's no way they'll give up the big source of income that is touring their music. Apparently they make more from gigs than they do from record sales these days.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:48 pm
Quote:
Unfortunately they’ll not do anything more, a friend who works at XL (prodigy are still heavily connected to the label) told me Liam and Maxim are both done now, this was definitely the finale, they’ll be some announcement in the next few months, I’m glad I got to see them on their last tour.

Sorry, not believing you or your XL-friend at all.
Why would they stop now after "greatest hits" or "FOTL 25yr" tour and not saying anything before/during/after that this would be their last? They had a more natural opportunity to announce their retirement BEFORE this successful FOTL tour... That would have been more logical them to do. And when their plans or first announcements have ever been as they have said first? Liam has retracted his promises more often than stuck to them. Ha-HA! :lol:

Good for you that you saw them in this successful tour but mark my words: This was N-O-T their last!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:20 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
freehandjunkie wrote:

At the Newcastle gig Maxim made a statement to the crowd that he was in this for life. He spoke for at least 30 seconds to say how he isn't going anywhere.

Liam is on video saying there's a new album coming out next year.

I'll believe them.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:05 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 233Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm
freehandjunkie wrote:
baxterbasics wrote:
untitled6 wrote:

Calling bollocks on this one matey. Either you or your friend are lying. Or maybe third option, Liam was on a wind up.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:02 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
We have not seen the last of The Prodigy
:bomb:

Last edited by NEOREV on Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.