<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  The prodigy live 2022 UK dates

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:15 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
nucleartitan wrote:
I´m glad they didn't play Wild Frontier. I hope they are not going to play it anymore. Light Up The Sky is way better.

I'm glad that you are wrong! :P

Wild Frontier FTW! A masterpiece!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:25 pm
Jenko wrote:
The Climatize with warriors sample into EITP is a thing of beauty. Hands up eyes shut moment for me next week when those vocals come in.

Yeah! Some parts of the show are arranged for Maxim to take a break, where Prodigy actually become DJ Set. And don't get me wrong, but I like it better this way than how it was before...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:52 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 393Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:23 pm
Im really disappointed with the setlist. I mean they promoted this as fotl 25th anniversary shows, and they only played singles and Climbatize fill. Lame. At least they could play funky shit and mindfields. Not to mention b sides like Molotov bitch or Trick. Hopefully they will change tracklist for the next shows.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:06 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 76Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:10 pm
the setlist is fine, but you got a point ..

almost 4 songs of each album expect AONO and 2 from experience

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:43 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
scienideboy wrote:
Im really disappointed with the setlist. I mean they promoted this as fotl 25th anniversary shows, and they only played singles and Climbatize fill. Lame. At least they could play funky shit and mindfields. Not to mention b sides like Molotov bitch or Trick. Hopefully they will change tracklist for the next shows.

I actually agree with you. This is just my opinion and I am not The Prodigy, but I would rather play less tracks with more "strong points" than just fills or snippets or whatever.
I mean, I still can not judge, but for the few that I could see through these snippets (and obviously we all had to imagine this, after what has happened), it is like something went lost, but as I said, this is normal.
The only thing didn't convince as Keith was still in life, was the fact that, each time, they used to play always the same setlist in the same frame. The only news was given through the new album tracks.

Anyway, apart all these aspects, I'm immensely happy that the guys are getting through, even with such difficulties and the way they are motivated on continuing making and playing music, is something that makes me even happier to go to see them live in Birmingham. I can't wait. :angel: :evilflame:

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:59 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
Why do they keep on playing GYFO? It's nothing special, no way a classic from an era that was not their best at all!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:04 pm
CorporalCorporalPosts: 333Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:33 am
[quote="Jenko"]The Climatize with warriors sample into EITP is a thing of beauty. Hands up eyes shut moment for me next week when those vocals come in.[/quote]
Any link to this please?
The YouTube clips earlier have been removed
Cheers

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:10 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 422Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:31 pm
tonyjaa wrote:
Jenko wrote:
The Climatize with warriors sample into EITP is a thing of beauty. Hands up eyes shut moment for me next week when those vocals come in.

Any link to this please?
The YouTube clips earlier have been removed
Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtRiJ5FWwg0

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:14 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
The tour was not marketed as TFOTL anniversary tour. They said the anniversary felt like the time to return and play tracks from all albums. As it is, they'd planned to return much sooner after Keith's death but COVID-19 stopped that.

‘WE CANT WAIT TO GET BACK ONSTAGE AND PLAY OUR TUNES FOR THE PEOPLE AGAIN, THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF ‘FAT OF THE LAND’ FELT LIKE THE RIGHT TIME FOR US TO STEP UP. WE'LL BE DROPPIN' TUNES FROM ALL OUR ALBUMS AND MAYBE SOME SHIT U HAVN'T HEARD BEFORE.

THIS ONE’S FOR FLINTY ... NOW LETS FUKIN GO !!’ - LIAM H & MAXIM

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:27 pm
jonyintheplace wrote:
Why do they keep on playing GYFO? It's nothing special, no way a classic from an era that was not their best at all!

I agree. It's just a "demix" of Take Me To the Hospital, but much much weaker version!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:26 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1305Location: GreeceJoined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:32 pm
antwarrior79 wrote:
Can anyone who went confirm how Breathe and Firestarter was?

Just using the crowd for vocals or with Keef’s studio vocals?

Check 'Breathe' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TmH8tU7w9A

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:56 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 139Location: IsraelJoined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:49 pm
If anyone finds a good recording of Champions of London live, I'd love to see it. One of my favorite tracks from the last album.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:02 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
jonyintheplace wrote:

I agree. The Day Is My Enemy, for example, should be brought back on live, or why not, Invisible Sun, or even Medicine, since Maxim is on vocals on that track.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:52 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 472Location: SK/HUJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:13 pm
I expect 1-2 new tunes later this tour.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:20 pm
User avatarMajestic 13Posts: 2640Location: RussiaJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:52 pm
love Climbatize, one of the most favorites, feeling myself like in 90's :Firestarter: