<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  The prodigy live 2022 UK dates

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:08 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 97Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
Lastu wrote:
Really nice to see that the guys have that same energy or even MORE so than before.. I think there are even more stage lighting and other stage effects than ever before. According to the crowd reactions and the general atmosphere all the gigs seem to be full of good vibes and tonnes of energy :Firestarter:

But.. I have to nag about the setlist in general. Yes, there are lots of great live tunes as has been proven numerous times.
But why to stay the obvious, again? :boring:

They (Liam) should have added more "wild cards" aka tunes they haven't played for ages such as Girls/More Girls, Hotride, Thunder (album version), Hyperspeed, Rebel radio (with some modified vocals with Keef's physical absence), One love etc.

In general, the setlist(s) seem to be a surprisingly lazily and predictably put together.
I truly expected more than "just" the Greatest hits.

And yes, as someone wondered also in this forum: Where are those promised new tunes or at least bits and pieces of them?

I'd be really gutted if there aren't going to be any hints of them in any of the remaining gigs.

But all of you who have the tickets to the remaining gigs of this tour: ENJOY nevertheless!
Gigs seem to be quite a ruckus ride so I would have wished to be there too! :bringit:

As a continuation to the above I checked the setlist statistics here to find the Prodigy tracks seldom have been played at their gigs:

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/the-prodigy-23d6b0b3.html

I hope they will spice up even more their shows (if that is even possible) at least with some of these tracks in the future:

Stab
Rat Poison
Destroy
Rebel Radio
Pandemonium
Molotov Bitch
Goa
Time to het Funky and Raw
Ruff in the Jungle Bizness
Mescaline
Medusa's path
One love
Girls/More Girls
Rhythm of life
Diesel POwer....

There are so many to choose from...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:21 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
subtract wrote:
I’ve just uploaded my quick video of Break and Enter > No Good

https://youtu.be/NXG9YvRMgBE

Climbatize / EITP

https://youtu.be/NHlXHWZT_wo

So fuckin loving it! Love the new arangement where parts of the show are pure DJ set. It reminds me of The Chemical Brothers!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:27 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:51 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1307Location: GreeceJoined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:32 pm
O2 Victoria Warehouse Manchester - 19th July 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCA3tgXZi00

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:28 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1307Location: GreeceJoined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:32 pm
Harbinger wrote:
untitled6 wrote:

Wonder what that art mean it's so significant that he put it also on Leo's drums

Nice spot.

Think I read on one of the posts that the clothing was designed by Ra'ah London.
https://www.instagram.com/raah_london

From the Italian Prodigy fanpage on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=46 ... 1115709839

Weird Tales vol. 36 n. 02 - The Werewolf Howls

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:20 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:44 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1349Location: Manchester, EnglandJoined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 am
Any reports from Brixton?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:10 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 996Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:15 pm
No break and enter.
Religion fill was played instead.
Let me guess they read the comments here and decided to take it out.
Other than that.
Good gig.
No new additions to the setlist as of above.
Climbatize fill was pretty emotional.
Keith flint lazers...what a spectacle.

Good to be back, brixton was wild

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:12 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 996Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:15 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
Regarding the merchandise for sale at the gigs, there is a tour poster which costs £30! A friend told me apparently they are limited to 250 copies but it doesn't say that on the display wall. They'd have made a lot more money selling non-limited number copies for £10.

the wankers in brixton wouldn't alllow me to purchase one pre gig, so never managed to get one in the end.
imo, should have sold the posters but they're still selling posters from academy tour from invaders, perhaps they wanted 'exclusive' so people actually buy them

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:49 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1343Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:27 pm
subtract wrote:
Any reports from Brixton?

Was a good night as you'd expect but unfortunately I did miss the energy that Flint brings to the stage.

The crowd were as fun as they've ever been, always up for a laugh and helpful when shit goes awry. Still the best crowd i've experienced.

For a FOTL tour type thing I thought the setlist was a little all over the shop which for me is great but for those wanting to hear more from what is advertised (The crab from FOTL) I'd be a bit a mythed why there wasn't more transitions from the album. The Climbatize one was banging but you'd hope for more of that from a tour celebrating that album.

Overall, it exceeded my expectations and they did well but I do miss the energy Maxim and Flint had on stage.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:53 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2483Location: Not here as much as I'd like.Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:05 am
True about the set list. It was a bit all over the place, but Climbatize went off big time and Keith's lasers were amazing. Maxim was as professional as ever, but he just didn't seem as lairy as usual. The encore kind of just ended too, people were expecting a bit more I think.

The posters were long sold out by the time I got to the merch, so might try to get one at Saturdays gig. The rest of the merch was just a bit meh.

If its as mad as Thursdays gig it'll be spectacular.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:02 pm
CorporalCorporalPosts: 333Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:33 am
When did LH stop using laptops as centre of his equipment?
Doesn't look like he uses any now

I like this look, more old skool

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:23 pm
tonyjaa wrote:
When did LH stop using laptops as centre of his equipment?
Doesn't look like he uses any now

I like this look, more old skool

He does still use laptops, but they are off to the side. 7 years ago Liam said "I'm now using controllers instead of laptops in front of me so I don't look like David Guetta"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:00 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2483Location: Not here as much as I'd like.Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:05 am
Jeezus. Christ.

That. Was. Fucking. Epic

Made Thurs night look like tea with your grandma. Brutally hot, mental crowd and all the boys at the top of their game. Almost certainly one of the best gigs I've ever been to, period.

Apparently they recorded the show (there were signs saying there would be audiovisual equipment present). May be a live album or DVD on the way?

BTW If you were wearing a burgundy shirt and gave me half your beer and water; cheers, you're a top man, I didn't catch your name. I was in the black shorts and DIME fox tour shirt from 2015. Say hi!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:23 am
Was there any difference in the gig being that it was the late night gig? I presume Rene Lavice was the only support.

There were signs at the Newcastle gig saying it was being recorded. I presume all the gigs are recorded in some way. Possibly 'just' their videographer rather than for a professional live film production. There must be legal reasons why they put up the sign.

A live show film would be good but I wouldn't hold your breath. The amount of shows recorded over the years they must have a mountain of footage.

Offline Profile