<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  The Prodigy Live Dates 2023

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:17 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 233Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
Most of the UK gig ticket prices seem to be £57.50 + £2.75 "Venue Fee" (London £62.65 for General Admission + "Restoration Levy" of £1.95).

https://theprodigy.com/live-dates/

gunthrax wrote:
Agreed, I think it’s probably 12 months+ for the new album. Nothing to back this up of course and they could surprise us this year. Just my gut feel based on previous cycles.

I'm already disappointed at the distinct possibility of no new album in 2023. I'd be hoping first quarter 2024 at the worst.

I could really do without their hashtags that hint at new music (e.g. #2022we’recomin4ya, #2023anewwaveoffire, etc) that don't come to pass. Since the announcement of the documentary there's been no news whatsoever. I'd rather they said nothing until they have a release date confirmed over announcing something with the dreaded Liam Howlett timeframe of "soon".

Nothing new - Liam has a loooong history of teasing new music and then dragging it out over months or years. Even pre-social media, I can remember the torture of waiting for TFOTL. Then AONO He's been the same ever since.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:02 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3116Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
The good news is they added an extra date for Ally Pally on 25th. Might aswel go to both shows then.

The bad news is that the Liam voice woop man is still spamming all prodigy's social network saying Liam stole his voice :lol: Holy shit he can't let go. It's been years of him doing it YEARS :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:59 am
CorporalCorporalPosts: 333Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:33 am
No one at Parklife last week then?
Anyone hear how the gig went?

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:53 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 5Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:15 pm
I was at Parklife. We got Poison instead of Need Some1. There was a great energy in the crowd. The setlist, although familiar really hit hard. I enjoy some of the shorter arrangements, it kinda gives a punk feel to the gig. They hit you with one banger after another. It’s a young crowd at Parklife. Many of these people were seeing them for the first time. I could see and hear that they were blown away. I could do with the setlist being changed on the tour, but for now it was superb.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:22 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
The set list is more or less the same as the 2022 UK tour. It's a bit of a greatest hits set which made sense for their return and for Summer festivals. I'm hoping the November 2023 UK tour set list is significantly different but, to satisfy the expectations of a lot of the people going to an arena tour, they'll feel obliged to play the 'hits' e.g. 'Breathe', "Firestarter', 'Smack My Bitch Up', 'Their Law', 'Voodoo People', etc.

Talk to the average gig goers and they all seem to expect an artist to play all the hits even when it's a new album tour. A lot of the time, a large percentage of the crowd don't seem to know any of the new tracks even when the album has been out awhile.

Last edited by James Jupiter on Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:01 pm
petb0y wrote:
We got Poison instead of Need Some1.

That's a setlist change I can get behind! Of all the 'sometimes in, sometimes out' tracks Poison is the one I prefer to be in!

petb0y wrote:
It’s a young crowd at Parklife. Many of these people were seeing them for the first time.

This is great to see and important for the continuing legacy of The Prodigy. I did notice a prevalence of bald or grey heads back in the July '22 shows! (Though it is always reassuring that I'm not the oldest guy in the crowd!)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:31 pm
CorporalCorporalPosts: 333Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:33 am
With Arctic Monkeys looking like pulling out of headlining Glastonbury due to illness to Turner.......LH should step forward and say they'd happily replace them :o

Imagine that Flint tribute on the main stage :evil:

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:09 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:41 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3116Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
Europe dates announced

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:12 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 403Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:19 pm
An arena tour without a new album? Obviously possible, but it say we do get one or two studio releases beforehand. I think they might need to hype and press to sell out these locations.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:48 am
GruntGruntPosts: 82Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 pm
tonyjaa wrote:
With Arctic Monkeys looking like pulling out of headlining Glastonbury due to illness to Turner.......LH should step forward and say they'd happily replace them :o

Imagine that Flint tribute on the main stage :evil:

Won’t Happen for a few reasons.

1 . Alex from AM is expected to be fine anyway
2. The headline slot now goes out live on TV, Liam wouldn’t allow that.
3. Emily Eavis has already hinted that backup plans were made aged ago and this weekend Prodigy were scheduled to play Download in Germany (before recent cancellation).

Thing is, if they had headlined I can guarantee the remaining tickets for the AOTA tour would have gone in a heartbeat after and suddenly would have been in national spotlight.

Ahh well.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:55 am
Doing Glasto would have been great for keeping attention and interest in The Prodigy among the general public, but for me that festival lost it's magic years ago.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:52 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1652Location: Paris, FranceJoined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:17 pm
Shine festival has been cancelled

Some rumors about Turkish gig also

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:33 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1349Location: Manchester, EnglandJoined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 am
Just confirmed Boomtown in the UK, that will be some gig!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:53 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am