<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  The Prodigy Live Dates 2023

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:31 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
baxterbasics wrote:
OK so I was hearing Smack was back to normal now - but nothing normal about the Berlin version, unless my ears are broken.

I can't hear the vocal sample at all! What's going on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy4cnC4 ... trial-live

climbatize92 wrote:
Liam still experimenting with SMBU. In Praha “change my pitch up, smack smack up”

Looking at the various recordings, it seems that Liam played the normal version at the first few European shows, but things started to change at the later ones where they started censoring the sample again.

However, Maxim bullshitted with the lyric changes and avoided "saying it" at completely every performance, even when the normal version was playing in the background. The impression is like it's about his personal matter, and after a number of years, suddenly he is a "sweetheart". And now he is becoming fucking annoying!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:40 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 971Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:10 am
Guest01 wrote:
However, Maxim bullshitted with the lyric changes and avoided "saying it" at completely every performance, even when the normal version was playing in the background. The impression is like it's about his personal matter, and after a number of years, suddenly he is a "sweetheart". And now he is becoming fucking annoying!

this is insane.
let's figure out how we can go on with our lives.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:33 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Extra full track Resonate was played on last gig of the tour, very excited to see next year's set list now :Firestarter:

:lol:

I think their next progressive move should be to censor tracks with 'fire' in them, I got burnt once. Very traumatic. My mum had to take me to the hospital. Hey, wait up....

Last edited by Harbinger on Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:24 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1652Location: Paris, FranceJoined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:17 pm
In Paris we got full Resonate, new fill before Get Your Fight On.
Ray man was at stage due to small venue or/and sound and light desks are in balcony in L’Olympia.
Still got Keith Flint hologram on stage but lasers came somewhere from behind of the venue.

Rob threw mediators and bottles of water to balcony lol. It’s very good venue, smaller than Brixton Academy. Loved it.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:33 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1349Location: Manchester, EnglandJoined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 am
Guest01 wrote:
but things started to change at the later ones where they started censoring the sample again.

He's changed the sample in the past to 'cut the mid-range, drop the bass...'

Wasn't censoring it then, isn't censoring it now either.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:40 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 574Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am
subtract wrote:
Guest01 wrote:
but things started to change at the later ones where they started censoring the sample again.

Thats obviously not the sample hes talking about.. it's about the actual "smack my bitch up" lyric that Liam has been changing up throughout this tour and Maxim has refused to sing.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:58 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
toX wrote:
subtract wrote:
Guest01 wrote:

Thats obviously not the sample hes talking about.. it's about the actual "smack my bitch up" lyric that Liam has been changing up throughout this tour and Maxim has refused to sing.

Of course! "cut the mid-range, drop the bass..." (and earlier "time after time, futuristic" or something like that), is just little additive inserted extra and only once per performance, the rest of the song was always original, both in terms of the disputed SMBU samples, and in terms of the in-mic performance. Until now...

There is no point trying to invent some lame justification!

Anyway, the rest of the performance is excellent and just keeps getting better and better. Resonate was inserted, Mescaline hinted! Now we're waiting for at least one completely new song to appear... and of course, "that one stain" to clean up...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:41 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
That's a RATM sample at 50:52

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL3N-x1AQpg