<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  The Prodigy Live Dates 2023

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:41 am
SergeantSergeantPosts: 472Location: SK/HUJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:13 pm
Disrupt ya flow was the only new song but somehow I've really enjoyed roadblox and get your fight on
Novarock was very muddy but fortunately it did not rain before and during their show.
Can't complain because it was my first time seeing them since summer of 2018.
Back in office sleep depraved answering sales emails...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:41 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 118Location: Newcastle U.KJoined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:54 pm
But surely they'd be road testing more than one new tune if a new album was on the horizon? That unfinished version of DYF doesn't fill me with confidence that there's a new album approaching. Maybe they'll play something new at the weekend in Manchester in front of a home crowd.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:37 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 574Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am
threefiftyseven wrote:
But surely they'd be road testing more than one new tune if a new album was on the horizon? That unfinished version of DYF doesn't fill me with confidence that there's a new album approaching. Maybe they'll play something new at the weekend in Manchester in front of a home crowd.

I'd rather have most of the album be a surprise when it drops, so in a way it's good we're not getting too much new stuff spoiled imo. Considering there's been repeated mentions and implications of a new album coming over the last 2 years, I'd say it has to drop soon.
I could also see Liam just saving most of the new stuff to try out at their dedicated gigs infront of an actual fan audience rather than at the festivals. So we could hear some more stuff later this year if rumours are true maybe with an album drop by the end of 2023 / early 2024 ?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:37 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
UK tour due to be announced tomorrow is called Army of the Ants. Possibly new album title.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:46 pm
I hope that is the album title if there is one. It's a dope Prodigy album name.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:59 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
https://youtu.be/AkofG-xc49g

Announced now then it seems!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:07 pm
When No Tourists was announced, was it before or after the tour announcement? I remember the album was released November time so fingers crossed, guys.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:52 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
The support band 'Soft Play' used to be known as 'Slaves' but they changed the name.

threefiftyseven wrote:
When No Tourists was announced, was it before or after the tour announcement? I remember the album was released November time so fingers crossed, guys.

'No Tourists' was announced 5 weeks before the tour announcement.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlauLW2HODL/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm1A54THDyB/

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:08 pm
Should we still be hopeful for a new album this year then do you think?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:31 pm
threefiftyseven wrote:

I was hopeful but less so now. The tour announcement makes no reference to an album. I'm thinking the album will be 2024 now.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:47 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 103Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:25 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
threefiftyseven wrote:

I was hopeful but less so now. The tour announcement makes no reference to an album. I'm thinking the album will be 2024 now.

Agreed, I think it’s probably 12 months+ for the new album. Nothing to back this up of course and they could surprise us this year. Just my gut feel based on previous cycles.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:53 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 574Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am
James Jupiter wrote:
The support band 'Soft Play' used to be known as 'Slaves' but they changed the name.

Interesting, thanks for the info!
Slaves were also the support act in their 2018 No Tourists tour. Great band.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:51 pm
Most of the UK gig ticket prices seem to be £57.50 + £2.75 "Venue Fee" (London £62.65 for General Admission + "Restoration Levy" of £1.95).

https://theprodigy.com/live-dates/

gunthrax wrote:
Agreed, I think it’s probably 12 months+ for the new album. Nothing to back this up of course and they could surprise us this year. Just my gut feel based on previous cycles.

I'm already disappointed at the distinct possibility of no new album in 2023. I'd be hoping first quarter 2024 at the worst.

I could really do without their hashtags that hint at new music (e.g. #2022we’recomin4ya, #2023anewwaveoffire, etc) that don't come to pass. Since the announcement of the documentary there's been no news whatsoever. I'd rather they said nothing until they have a release date confirmed over announcing something with the dreaded Liam Howlett timeframe of "soon".

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:37 am
James Jupiter wrote:
I'm already disappointed at the distinct possibility of no new album in 2023. I'd be hoping first quarter 2024 at the worst.

I could really do without their hashtags that hint at new music (e.g. #2022we’recomin4ya, #2023anewwaveoffire, etc) that don't come to pass. Since the announcement of the documentary there's been no news whatsoever. I'd rather they said nothing until they have a release date confirmed over announcing something with the dreaded Liam Howlett timeframe of "soon".

New interview with Liam by NME: https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-prod ... ts-3454792

Quote:
What can you tell us about the sound and energy of the new material, and when can we expect to hear it?
“I think I finally realised that I can’t write new finished Prodigy music unless we are doing gigs and [are] out there submerged in it. The best time to write for me is after I come off stage – that’s when the clearest vision is. The sweat and peoples faces are fresh in my mind, the feeling is present – know what i mean ?

“So yeah, I’ve been in the studio writing loads of beats and pieces but now we are back on tour it’s easier to feel what is the strongest shit and smash that into new tunes. I always write Prodigy music with a strong vision of us playin’ it live onstage .. nothing else comes into it.

This does not sound very promising about an album any time soon. It basically implies he hasn't written anything album worthy in the past years of not touring.

Liam should really stop with those misleading hashtags. He generates hype for pretty much nothing.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:16 am
GruntGruntPosts: 56Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:50 am
I think it was about two years ago there was a clip on Insta of a new tune but that was it. I'm guessing he'll be writing loads this tour and next winter we might see the album.

Offline Profile