<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  The Prodigy Live Dates 2023

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:45 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
untitled6 wrote:

They put Smack on the setlist since forever. This is a tracklist from 2008 and it's say's Smack.

Some of you guys have too much free time

Sorry then, my mistake about tracklist and thanks for correcting me. You obviously have a lot of free time too, considering you dug up a 15 year old photo. But that is less important atm.

However, censorship is still present. And we should always be vocal against it!

And yes, I always find time to fight the woke crap!

I know HC fans are hurt now that Prodigy received some backlash, but in this case they deserved it. (Maybe that's why Liam returned the sample. Now we are still waiting for Maxim.)

Last edited by Guest01 on Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:01 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 414Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
Guest01 wrote:
untitled6 wrote:

They put Smack on the setlist since forever. This is a tracklist from 2008 and it's say's Smack.

Sorry then, my mistake about tracklist and thanks for correcting me. But that is less important atm.

I know HC fans are hurt now that Prodigy received some backlash, but in this case they deserved it.

some people take criticisms aimed at the band in a personal way, whatever they do, whether they do their the best album or gig ever or, on the other hand, an average album, a shit track or now this woke things, they are going to defend them, it's hilarious.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:06 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6516Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:34 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1349Location: Manchester, EnglandJoined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 am
A client of mine has worked with the band for years on their live set up, just posted this with a small insight into the new character 'Rayman'

Our long and storied partnership with The Prodigy continues in 2023 with the five-meter-high scenic ‘Rayman’ sculpture. Rayman will be towering over fans during the Army Of The Ants tour, projecting the unmistakable outline of much-missed Prodigy vocalist Keith Flint onto the stage during the epic Firestarter.

That Rayman went from concept to miniature wax maquette model to a full-size, five-meter foldable, tourable structure in around four weeks is a testament to the sublime skills of our scenic team in Wakefield, UK.

Rayman will be on the road with The Prodigy on the 18-date Army Of The Ants tour through December.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:20 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 575Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am
Düsseldorf last night was pretty rad. The crowd was really good. The whole front section was chanting Keith's name when the tribute came on, epic athmosphere.
Diesel Power was slightly extended compared to the Ally Pally recording. It is now also listed as "Diesel Power / Night Rider" on the setlist.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:10 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3825Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Guest01 wrote:
untitled6 wrote:

Sorry then, my mistake about tracklist and thanks for correcting me. You obviously have a lot of free time too, considering you dug up a 15 year old photo. But that is less important atm.

I know HC fans are hurt now that Prodigy received some backlash, but in this case they deserved it. (Maybe that's why Liam returned the sample. Now we are still waiting for Maxim.)

They've been swapping out the different versions of Smack for the last couple tours now. People just didn't notice. It was no big statement. Smack is not be replaced. Prodigy aren't going woke. Just Liam having a little fun and messing around. Same way we got two different Diesel Powers now. Just shows how much people fall for these trash rags and lose their minds. Completely clueless.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:49 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 98Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
NEOREV wrote:
Guest01 wrote:
untitled6 wrote:

They've been swapping out the different versions of Smack for the last couple tours now. People just didn't notice. It was no big statement. Smack is not be replaced. Prodigy aren't going woke. Just Liam having a little fun and messing around. Same way we got two different Diesel Powers now. Just shows how much people fall for these trash rags and lose their minds. Completely clueless.

Maybe you know something More than the rest of us mortals. But The fact IS The smack track loses something essential when The only "power" words of The track have been removed. Liam himself has Said in many articles that usually The words he lays onto The tracks dont mean anything they just sonically fits there between The beats etc. They SOUND cool - not necessary MEAN anything to take too serious.

And you cannot say that this has happened before. Well, IT isnt. And considering The time and age of this "sudden righteousness" IT IS no wonder that at least some of us fans start to fear IS The band bit by bit softening by self censorship.

I truly hope not, but this IS at least The 1st red flag.

And at The end IT seems to Be a bit childish and hilarious too for you to get so defensive. We who thinks this way are not personally offending you, The band, Masters H or anyone. We just happened to Be disapointed fans in this sense. This type of critical discussion doesn't take anything away from you personally.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:16 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 414Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
Neorev wrote:

Lastu wrote:
Maybe you know something More than the rest of us mortals. But The fact IS The smack track loses something essential when The only "power" words of The track have been removed. Liam himself has Said in many articles that usually The words he lays onto The tracks dont mean anything they just sonically fits there between The beats etc. They SOUND cool - not necessary MEAN anything to take too serious.

And you cannot say that this has happened before. Well, IT isnt. And considering The time and age of this "sudden righteousness" IT IS no wonder that at least some of us fans start to fear IS The band bit by bit softening by self censorship.

I truly hope not, but this IS at least The 1st red flag.

And at The end IT seems to Be a bit childish and hilarious too for you to get so defensive. We who thinks this way are not personally offending you, The band, Masters H or anyone. We just happened to Be disappointed fans in this sense. This type of critical discussion doesn't take anything away from you personally.

Don't even try to reason with them mate, there is a group of 3-4 individuals who will take anything negative (because The Prodigy also sometimes do shitty things, whether musically or in other terms) as a personal attack, it's so childish and fan-boyish that makes me laugh.

We live in a woke era, specially in America and the UK and many people are getting sick of this nonsense and to see your favorite bad from the 90's applying censorship to themselves is sad, specially after all they have meant in the past on this regard.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:08 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6516Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
What's Maxim shouting here?

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0XcS5QMivA

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:21 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 118Location: Newcastle U.KJoined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:54 pm
Sounds like who's with me then Wake The Fuck Up

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:25 pm
NEOREV wrote:
Guest01 wrote:
untitled6 wrote:

No, the song is OBVIOUSLY censored. And people notice everything, don't try to make people stupid.

All of us here are massive Prodigy fans and supporters since forever. But as such, we should sometimes be honest and very critical, especially when they deserve it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:29 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3825Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Guest01 wrote:

No, the song is OBVIOUSLY censored. And people notice everything, don't try to make people stupid.

All of us here are massive Prodigy fans and supporters since forever. But as such, we should sometimes be honest and very critical, especially when they deserve it.

In this case, I can 100% confirm that people are indeed stupid.
People didn't even realize the Switch Up version was played all the way back in August during the previous tour.

People just want to get upset over every little thing.
Liam dropped another version with a different sample in the bridge.
I hope he keeps dropping different versions/lyrics and keeps trolling these people.
Watching those get upset is hysterical.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:04 pm
NEOREV wrote:
Guest01 wrote:

In this case, I can 100% confirm that people are indeed stupid.
People didn't even realize the Switch Up version was played all the way back in August during the previous tour.

People just want to get upset over every little thing.
Liam dropped another version with a different sample in the bridge.
I hope he keeps dropping different versions/lyrics and keeps trolling these people.
Watching those get upset is hysterical.

No, you can't confirm nothing at all, only childish fan-boys are stupid which defend everything no matter what, as jonyintheplace says above.

I just checked several videos from that last tour and the song was not censored. (And even if it was censored at some of the shows whose recordings I have not come across (but I doubt it), it just means that the censorship already started then.)

Liam has played with various samples and little variants over the years, but never with censorship. (Except for one or two times when the laws of the specific country required it.)

Suddenly, after a number of years, to censor your own song on your own show is miserable and by today's standards woke. And yes, it upset many people.

If it doesn't bother you, then it's not your problem, but don't contradict everyone and claim that it's not like that because if you don't see it then you are in blind denial.

The sample has already been returned in the current European concerts, and if only Maxim would stop bullshitting with stupid lyric changes and we can forget everything. (But the 2023 UK tour will forever go down as the one where The Prodigy censored their own shows.)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:06 am
Guest01 wrote:

No, you can't confirm nothing at all

Guest01 wrote:
I just checked several videos from that last tour and the song was not censored. (And even if it was censored at some of the shows whose recordings I have not come across (but I doubt it)

https://youtu.be/jZMU8z1yAS0

Guest01 wrote:
and if only Maxim would stop bullshitting with stupid lyric changes and we can forget everything

Maxim had nothing to do with the lyric changes. Liam has been swapping the versions in and out going back to the summer tour.

Guest01 wrote:
(But the 2023 UK tour will forever go down as the one where The Prodigy censored their own shows.)

The 2023 UK tour will forever go down as the one where Liam triggered the mouthbreathers.

If they were gonna replace Smack with a censored version for the modern times, they would have announced it beforehand to the fans. But I'm sorry you tell you, there is no big statement being made, there is no conspiracy, there is no censorship going on. Just Liam having fun.

If you don't wanna believe the truth, go ahead, stay in your little anger bubble.
Liam is literally trolling y'all now by dropping ANOTHER version.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:40 am
NEOREV wrote:

"All above"

Yes, I am sure!

Thanks for finding the link. So, you just proved it to those of us who didn't notice earlier that The Prodigy tested the censored version already this summer, and it goes to their big shame.

I see a large number of people, and comments, clearly see that it is censorship, and just a handful of fanboys who come to the pitty defense claiming that it is tampering with samples.

Also, the band would never announce censorship in advance because only then would they truly look like fools.

If this is just Liam having fun, then he does it in a totally idiotic way where he significantly damages the reputation of the band. And another version with sample back in, is not Liam trolling, it's called damage control.

Even if it's just playing with samples, it doesn't diminish the fact that the "smack my bitch up" sample was completely removed (while none of the others were not), and that the lyrics have been changed in such a way that everything looks like they are deliberately avoiding saying those words. There is no way in hell this is a coincidence.

And at the same time, if you don't wanna believe that this is censorship, believe whatever you want, everything is beautiful and wonderful, enjoy your version of "the truth".