<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  The Prodigy Live Dates 2023

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:58 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3824Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Guest01 wrote:
Yes, I am sure!

Thanks for finding the link. So, you just proved it to those of us who didn't notice earlier that The Prodigy tested the censored version already this summer, and it goes to their big shame.

I see a large number of people, and comments, clearly see that it is censorship, and just a handful of fanboys who come to the pitty defense claiming that it is tampering with samples.

Also, the band would never announce censorship in advance because only then would they truly look like fools.

If this is just Liam having fun, then he does it in a totally idiotic way where he significantly damages the reputation of the band. And another version with sample back in, is not Liam trolling, it's called damage control.

Even if it's just playing with samples, it doesn't diminish the fact that the "smack my bitch up" sample was completely removed (while none of the others were not), and that the lyrics have been changed in such a way that everything looks like they are deliberately avoiding saying those words. There is no way in hell this is a coincidence.

And at the same time, if you don't wanna believe that this is censorship, believe whatever you want, everything is beautiful and wonderful, enjoy your version of "the truth".

Damage control? Like Liam gives a shit :lol:

First you claimed they didn't play this before the current tour. They did.
Then you claimed they only removed the smack my bitch up lyric and not the rest. They did.

They played another version where all the original lyrics were removed and had a completely different vocal for the bridge drop.

"Wah! Censorship! Wah! Woke! Wah! 'Fanboy! Wah!"

There's no version of the truth. There's just the truth.
And all we can do is sit back and laugh at those who refuse the truth and would prefer to throw a moody.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:46 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3116Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
Quote:
I see a large number of people, and comments, clearly see that it is censorship, and just a handful of fanboys who come to the pitty defense claiming that it is tampering with samples.

Quick scroll thru Liam's posts on instagram and facebook and there is no large number of people complaining about the matter. All comment are praising how amazing the shows were. Where is this large number of people? because I saw like 3 or 5 comments about SMBU.

You were wrong about a lot of things by now. We are not fanboys that defend the band no matter what. We just pointing out with proof that what you are saying is complete nonsense.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:17 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 118Location: Newcastle U.KJoined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:54 pm
The amount of concern for a lyric missed out of a tune that's 26 years old is crazy. What baffles me is there's hardly any concern over the lack of new material. Now would have been the perfect time to showcase new tunes but absolutely none. Shouldn't we be more concerned about when we're gonna get new music, if we ever do at this point? The thing is every year pretty much there's a new Hashtag from Liam on Instagram saying there's new stuff on the way so we're obviously gonna expect it. Should be "New wave of empty promises"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:45 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 414Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
threefiftyseven wrote:
The amount of concern for a lyric missed out of a tune that's 26 years old is crazy. What baffles me is there's hardly any concern over the lack of new material. Now would have been the perfect time to showcase new tunes but absolutely none. Shouldn't we be more concerned about when we're gonna get new music, if we ever do at this point? The thing is every year pretty much there's a new Hashtag from Liam on Instagram saying there's new stuff on the way so we're obviously gonna expect it. Should be "New wave of empty promises"

how you dare to criticize the band in this forum? they are gods even though they rarely ever produce new music anymore or they have gone woke (yes, the harsh truth) censoring themselves, ruining a classic track.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:08 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 118Location: Newcastle U.KJoined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:54 pm
Sheer blasphemy on my part, the God's shall not be criticised!! In all seriousness though, if Liam didn't say a word till he knew he had new music ready I wouldn't even mind.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:12 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3824Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
untitled6 wrote:
Quote:

Quick scroll thru Liam's posts on instagram and facebook and there is no large number of people complaining about the matter. All comment are praising how amazing the shows were. Where is this large number of people? because I saw like 3 or 5 comments about SMBU.

You were wrong about a lot of things by now. We are not fanboys that defend the band no matter what. We just pointing out with proof that what you are saying is complete nonsense.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:53 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
untitled6 wrote:
Quick scroll thru Liam's posts on instagram and facebook and there is no large number of people complaining about the matter.

You were only looking at the place where the biggest fanboys gather. Look at the various comments on youtube and other platforms and social media. Even the newspapers wrote about it.

NEOREV wrote:
There's no version of the truth. There's just the truth.

There is obviously no point in arguing with you fanboys (some still act like kids)... you know everything and Liam is GOD. Amen!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me put it this way... for everyone!

Throughout the last UK tour, for eight shows in a row (and at least one or few during the last summer)...

Acording to Mr. NEOREV:

"The Prodigy made new version of "Smack", where "change my pitch up" half-sample is untouched but "smack my bitch up" part is completely removed, not replaced with something else, just the space left blank. And in-mic lyrics are changed to "switch up, change my pitch up". And during the bigest drop in the song, where thousands of people shout "smack my bitch up", the new version of the song for some reason goes "change my pitch up". Rest of the track is unchanged. Again, acording to Mr. Neorev, it's just new mix of the track where completely all contraversal samples andy lyrics are removed/replaced absolutely unintentionally and without any specific reason. The song actually apear like its censored by pure coincidence."

And there are actually some of people who believe in that... wow!

/Peace Out/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:26 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3116Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
Liam Played Resonate Beats right after Out Of Space last night at Berlin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nKhNJT0ays

From 1:22:24

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:42 pm
Guest01 wrote:
Acording to Mr. NEOREV:

"The Prodigy made new version of "Smack", where "change my pitch up" half-sample is untouched but "smack my bitch up" part is completely removed, not replaced with something else, just the space left blank. And in-mic lyrics are changed to "switch up, change my pitch up". And during the bigest drop in the song, where thousands of people shout "smack my bitch up", the new version of the song for some reason goes "change my pitch up". Rest of the track is unchanged. Again, acording to Mr. Neorev, it's just new mix of the track where completely all contraversal samples andy lyrics are removed/replaced absolutely unintentionally and without any specific reason. The song actually apear like its censored by pure coincidence."

/Peace Out/

No, I did not say that. There are 3 versions played so far. The regular version we all know, the version with "Switch up, change my pitch up" and the drop is "change my pitch up" that you all are crying about, and another version where "change my pitch up, smack my bitch up" lyrics are removed altogether and the drop sample sounds like it says "wake the fuck up" or something like that. There is no version where it says "change my pitch up" and then silence. Just like there's no version that says "change my pitch up, change my pitch up" like the papers claimed.

Guest01 wrote:
You were only looking at the place where the biggest fanboys gather. Look at the various comments on youtube and other platforms and social media. Even the newspapers wrote about it.

I did, and the comments were overwhelmingly positive.

The newspapers literally just copy and pasted each other. Like how they said Keith Flint sung the original lyrics to Smack My Bitch Up. :lol: The Sun even included a nice little arrow pointing to Keith, just in case you have no idea who Keith Flint is. And when they printed the old and new lyrics, they couldn't even get that right either. They couldn't even be bothered to actually reach out to the band or do any research when they printed that trash.

So you keep reading the papers. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:59 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
NEOREV wrote:
Guest01 wrote:
Acording to Mr. NEOREV:

/Peace Out/

No, I did not say that. There are 3 versions played so far. The regular version we all know, the version with "Switch up, change my pitch up" and the drop is "change my pitch up" that you all are crying about, and another version where "change my pitch up, smack my bitch up" lyrics are removed altogether and the drop sample sounds like it says "wake the fuck up" or something like that. There is no version where it says "change my pitch up" and then silence. Just like there's no version that says "change my pitch up, change my pitch up" like the papers claimed.

Was track changed?
Quote:
YES

Was the "smack my bitch up" sample completely removed in those changes?
Quote:
YES

Was the live performance performed in such a way that the phrase "smack my bitch up" was completely avoided?
Quote:
YES

Was the version of the song that has no sample, and the phrase was completely avoided during the performance, a censored version?
Quote:
YES

Nobody cares what you fanboys say, the facts are clear.
Quote:
CASE CLOSED

And one more time, Peace Out!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:07 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2917Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
untitled6 wrote:

What an ending and what an underrated track!

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:07 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 414Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
It's always the same, this forum has been toxic forever if you don't lick Liam's balls...

and if you are not right, you can always call the rest of us "stupids", put a few :lol: :lol: :lol: and include some old fashioned gif to illustrate that you are the greatest fan

pathetic

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:56 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 233Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm
untitled6 wrote:

I just discovered the same and came to see if it had been mentioned - and wonder if any other gigs had some surprise bonuses that were not on the setlist?

I'm not even a big fan of Resonate but that was a nice touch. Looks like it was quite spontaneous - can see Liam giving Leo a heads-up. Maxim has already said his goodbyes and was putting his slippers on by this point!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:08 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 233Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm
My own two-pence after a week of Smack talk:

1) It sounds very much to me like deliberate censorship, NOT a simple case of 'messing around' and both the track and Maxim dropping the line is quite telling here. I noticed it first via YouTube one or two gigs prior to the UK tour starting (possibly Portugal footage) - I also note reports that the sample is restored again for the non-UK leg, but Maxim continues his cut version on the mic. I haven't yet listened myself to confirm.

2) That still isn't a reason to throw your toys out the pram. It's Liam's tune and their choice how they present it. I prefer the original lyric personally but I'm not going to let this ruin all things Prodigy for me. If their reasons are personal, fine. I just hope they didn't get leaned on by someone or some institution.

3) I hope I have managed to demonstrate it is possible to find a position that is neither denial OR "licking Liam's balls"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:45 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 971Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:10 am
lol..
"prodigy going woke", "censorship"? this is laughable.
like NEOREV said, as if Liam gives ONE FLYIN' F about any of it.
went to the Amsterdam gig, group of 11 people. everyone had a great time, NO ONE noticed the "difference", we're just dancin' and vibin'. just friends celebrating the music we fell in love with all those years ago.
this is - in the end - The Prodigy. the energy, the bass, the buzz, the band on stage, the people having a great time.
not that hysterical rubbish that is social media.

Offline Profile