<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  oxegen 2008

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:03 am
GruntGruntPosts: 50Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:27 pm
from nme:

The Prodigy showcased four new songs at Oxegen Festival in the early hours of this morning (July 13).

The dance pioneers closed the second night of the three day bash at the 02 Stage with a hit laden set which also featured new tracks – 'Worlds On Fire', 'Warriors Dance', 'Mescaline' and 'First Warning', which recently featured in the gangster flick Smokin' Aces.

The band attracted a huge crowd for their closing performance as Maxim constantly whipped the huge throng into a frenzy as they blasted out hit singles 'Breathe', 'Firestarter', 'Voodoo People' and 'Smack My Bitch Up'.

The Prodigy, who performed against a backdrop of giant robot heads with huge red eyes, also threw in crowd favourite 'Poison' and 'Spitfire' from their 2004 album 'Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned'.

As they wrapped up their energetic performance, Maxim told the crowd: "No disrespect to people on the other stages but they are in the wrong place. I'm going to take you back to fucking 1991."

They then finished their set with early single 'Out Of Space'.

The Prodigy played:

'Intro'
'Their Law'
'Worlds On Fire'
'Breathe'
'Spitfire'
'Warriors Dance'
'Firestarter'
'Action Radar Link'
'First Warning'
'Mescaline'
'Voodoo People'
'Poison'
'Diesel Power'
'Smack My Bitch Up'
'Out Of Space'

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:10 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
no beat 55?or the your love intro to out of space?
and was the show televised?recorded or something?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:22 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 203Location: Moldova, Chisinau.Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:52 pm
Some records?

Offline Profile WWW ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:25 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1718Location: Always outdrunk, Never outsoberJoined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:32 pm
Just recovered from the weekend, got a few videos too, i'll post them up in a while.

Mescaline wasn't played!

After Warning, Voodoo People was played. The crowd loved Warriors Dance and loved the Outlander - Vamp sample in WOF.
There was a lot more people watching than at The Verve. They really put some high energy into the performance. I'm still blown away by the Your Love intro. 10/10 from me :-D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:40 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1652Location: Paris, FranceJoined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:17 pm
stuie wrote:
Mescaline wasn't played!
Really? Was they play Beat 55?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:46 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1718Location: Always outdrunk, Never outsoberJoined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:32 pm
No that wasn't played either. They were a little late also, maybe 10 mins or so. Time restrictions might have made them drop them off the set list :( but i can't complain too much. Disappointed that Mescaline wasn't played after seeing that they played it at t in the park.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:19 pm
Here's the Your Love intro to Out of Space

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wEOxeaAe1WI

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:45 am
User avatarSite AdminSite AdminPosts: 1014Location: Málaga, SpainJoined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:01 pm
thanks stuie for the review and setlist.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:41 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1024Location: Brasov , RomâniaJoined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:06 pm
with what did you shot the videos ?

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:37 pm
DS wrote:
thanks stuie for the review and setlist.

Anubis wrote:
with what did you shot the videos ?

I shot it with 5 megapixel Canon camera. Sound was a bit shit but i couldn't believe how clear and clean Your Love sounded when it was played. It was definitly reworked somehow.

DS i'll get that other gig for you hopefully by the weekend. ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:59 am
Hot ChickHot ChickPosts: 952Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:28 am
if they were 10 mins late then why didnt he drop some of the old tunes and replace them with the new tunes?

seems like he doesnt wanna promote his new album

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:59 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2141Location: Czech RepublicJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:18 pm
thanks for review

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:30 pm
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
5HÁD0WCÁT wrote:
if they were 10 mins late then why didnt he drop some of the old tunes and replace them with the new tunes?

:lol:

your reply would be a good punch in Liam's teeth :teeth:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:55 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2089Location: Melbourne, AustraliaJoined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:22 pm
Quote:

5HÁD0WCÁT wrote:

it pisses me off how carefully they seem to tread, grow some balls and play some new tracks, thats where the songs really take off, i just hope im wrong and theyve got an ace up their sleaves. i guess they have to remind some of the fans who they are by playing old favourites, but surely that means the other new tracks dont stand up? gah, for fucks sake..

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:48 pm
Looking back at the gig now, i'm a bit annoyed that they didn't play beat 55 or mescaline. After reading reviews of all the other european dates and especially t in the park, mescaline has been in most people's opinions their best track. I'll always be grateful for getting to see them but as with any other prodigy fan on here, you just want that one bit extra :P