<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  The Prodigy to play V Festival

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:53 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 180Location: LondonJoined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:35 pm
it was 55 beats " mutha fucker this is it this is the fucking shit" not " take the mesculine celebrate the noisemaker" and i wasnt that drunk the stage was fucking awsome yes " take me 2 the hospital iam sure many ppl went" lol <H^Z/\/\

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:56 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
CHASM wrote:
it was 55 beats " mutha fucker this is it this is the fucking shit" not " take the mesculine celebrate the noisemaker" and i wasnt that drunk the stage was fucking awsome yes " take me 2 the hospital iam sure many ppl went" lol <H^Z/\/\

if mescaline wasn't played maybe they will play it tonight.maybe the new tmtth song too

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:58 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3702Location: Almere, The NetherlandsJoined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:54 pm
I don't think further new tracks will be played until the invaders tour

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:03 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
awwww, but i cant wait 4 more months for new tracks =[ ah well, i was one of 800 people to hear beat 55 and mescaline for the first time, i suppose thats something to say lol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:11 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4789Location: Wolverhampton, UKJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:52 pm
Back from V, The Prodigy were fuckin awesome, crowd were amazing, they went nuts to everything, the new tunes went down sooooo fucking well, jsut an amazing gig, setlist same as yesterday, Mescaline wasnt played..., crowd started doing the voodoo people music when they went off b4 the encore then they broke out into OOS lol then the band came back on :)
spoilt by the mud... oh my days the fucking mud!! never seen anything like it, it was fucking :shock: :shock: wow haha... i hurt my knee walking round, foot slipped and something kind of clicked in my left knee and was a right fucker to walk on or do anything, and if by anychance a young lady is reading this who asked me twice if she could ge on my shoulers im really sorry, but my knee was jsut killing me, sorry, i normally wouldnt say no to such a cute person :)

Also picked up the Invaders Must Die t shirt :) jsut £18 :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:46 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
i wonder why they didn't play the tmtth track liam anounced.what's the point in just telling them he has a track.he should have 12 tracks 4 the album by now

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:44 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 50Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:27 pm
ok guys go berserk...

from nme:

Liam Howlett's mass entourage runs rampage at Chelmsford

Aug 18, 2008
0 Comments
The Prodigy news, reviews, video and tour dates
Add The Prodigy to MyNME
The Prodigy's Liam Howlett has told NME.COM how his entourage ended up raiding The Pigeon Detectives rider - while the Leeds band were onstage.

In a video interview - which you can watch below - Howlett said:
"I arrived with a bit of an entourage because we're from Chelmsford, with about 300 family members... It made me laugh because we had our area which was pretty big, and then we sort of took over The Pigeon Detectives area too.

"I saw one of my people coming out of their changing room saying 'anyone want coffee?!' We just zipped in their changing room and took all their shit while they were onstage!"

Howlett, speaking with bandmate Maxim, also revealed that the band were close to completing their new "tough" album.
Watch the video here:

http://www.nme.com/news/the-prodigy/39015

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:47 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 50Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:27 pm
oh yeah its December or january

the new album that is...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:51 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4789Location: Wolverhampton, UKJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:52 pm
Niiiiice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:02 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
Nice vid interview!

Just incase anyone can't watch it, the bit that Liam and Maxim say about the new album goes as follows:

LIAM - "We're looking, sort of like, if it gets too late towards the end of the year, we'll probably go January. But like, at the moment, its kind of like this year. Erm, we've got about 2 or 3 more songs to write then we''re just gonna mix it, and then I guess the record company will decide when it comes out. We've done our bit nearly."

MAXIM - "Trust me, this albums gonna be tough!

LIAM - "Yeah, it's the best record we've done i think all the way through man, without a doubt. It's really exciting."

MAXIM - "We're feeling everything, dyou no what i mean, every track on it, dyou know? I'm not just sayin that man, this albums gonna be bad!"

LIAM - "You're loving it aint you?"

MAXIM - "I'm fuckin buzzin!"

LIAM - "It's an album we can play every track live with this record, you know, thats what we set out to do. It's not like the last record, where it's like we'd play 2 or 3 songs off of it, but this album, we aim to play sort of like, 90% of it live really..."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:49 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 136Location: cannock, er, near birmingham! englandJoined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:32 pm
Saw them at weston park last night, amazing as always. i was cheesed off they didnt play mescaline as that was the track i was most looking forward 2 hearing.But anyways, u can't have everything :( I also remember beat 55 being really short, literally like a minute long :?: . And as evans said, the mud was brutal! good thing i took me wellies :lol: oh yeah almost forgot, Warning was immense!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:30 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2753Location: Amsterdam, NetherlandsJoined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:00 pm
Glad you enjoyed it lads!

Invaders must dieeeeeeeeeeeeee :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:47 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
do you guys think that thats the end of festivals until invaders tour ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:07 pm
yeah i guess so. I suppose it'd make sense for them to get the finishing touches on the album before doing the album tour next year and the mini tour thing thats on in december. can't see them doing any more festivals or events til then now.