<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  The Prodigy - Sheffield (Report)

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:20 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1028Location: AmsterdamJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:16 pm
subtract wrote:
foulmouth wrote:
funky_fist wrote:
gabba was simple as simon, but the newer tunes arent!

actually warriors dance doesnt strike me that complicated, could easily be triggered as gabba was.

Show us then ;)

ok just tell me what hardware i'll have to buy from ebay and i'll show you how it is done on youtube.. :p

warriors dance sounds awesome, but it doesnt strike me as a very complex tune structure-wise (offcourse for as far as i can hear..)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:26 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 531Location: Ghost TownJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:39 am
foulmouth wrote:
ok just tell me what hardware i'll have to buy from ebay and i'll show you how it is done on youtube.. :p

warriors dance sounds awesome, but it doesnt strike me as a very complex tune structure-wise (offcourse for as far as i can hear..)

Thats because overly complex tunes don't work too well live.

Also Liams been in the business over 20 years and is a classically trained Pianist. You think you can just create tunes to his standard overnight? :P

Last edited by AZZiDO on Mon May 19, 2008 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:36 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1349Location: Manchester, EnglandJoined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 am
foulmouth wrote:
subtract wrote:
foulmouth wrote:
funky_fist wrote:

actually warriors dance doesnt strike me that complicated, could easily be triggered as gabba was.

Show us then ;)

I often say that about alot of tunes but then open up reason and cant get anything to sound like it lol!

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:09 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
my 'problem' is that complicated melodies go easy, but dance tunes don't!

I have a sexy baseline with a nice rhythm but i know fuck all what to do with it :S

now, if i could jam piano on top of it, ok i could give it a go. But it is just not a tune for that

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:13 pm
subtract wrote:
I often say that about alot of tunes but then open up reason and cant get anything to sound like it lol!

yeah same here. wish i was a genius too..

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:14 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 62Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:58 am
foulmouth wrote:
funky_fist wrote:

Warriors Dance strikes me as more of a No Good track than a Gabba track :lol:

Either way - Gabba was amazing live - that he was able to put forth that much energy by just alternating two samples on his W30 = why he is a genius.

To those in the know (I don't know much about ableton or any of the computer stuff) - how does he play the odd synth or sample he would play in on the old shows - does he still have a keyboard/MPC loaded with samples? Or does he just click and drag and drop a sample into the ableton player thingie and it just plays? I was always interested in how he did it...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:17 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 935Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:29 am
Quote:
Either way - Gabba was amazing live - that he was able to put forth that much energy by just alternating two samples on his W30 = why he is a genius.

i wish i was older to have witnessed the times gabbe was played live. i fall into a frenzy when hear see it on youtube.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:47 pm
funky_fist wrote:
Quote:

i wish i was older to have witnessed the times gabbe was played live. i fall into a frenzy when hear see it on youtube.

urgh.. i know the frustration. i was to young to witness live gabba and rhythm of life, my older sister tells me about how great those days where and even witnessed scienide live.. :x

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:08 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 62Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:58 am
funky_fist wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, there's some pretty good recordings of it from '94 too - I think at the Zap Club and the Sweden show - very good sound quality. And of course the '96 Phoenix Festival. There's a couple of other recordings of it, but I think those three are probably the best (and there's the '94 Tokyo Dome - but that version is only like a minute long).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:02 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 873Location: LithuaniaJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:04 pm
I was little bit away for a bit from The Prodigy music and I glad to hear that they are back on stage with new sounds and energy! Quality is really low and its hard to understand but its better than nothing, I can hear little bit of weird melody and I like it. I hope to see or hear something new in better quality. Once again, thanks for all info here...