<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  The Prodigy - Sheffield (Report)

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:00 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1349Location: Manchester, EnglandJoined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 am
5HÁD0WCÁT wrote:
he only really needs 1 laptop. he uses it to press ''PLAY'' and ''STOP''

So if hes just playing a tune how does he adjust the beats in Diesel Power live?

You think someone would let a camera near their equipment if they just pressed 'play' i think hes a lot more intelligent than that

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:10 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 358Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:10 pm
exactly i cant believe some people think thats what happens

liam isnt stupid and he does more than just press play

watch the lowland gig

all the effects and the timing on the beats in poison

dont want to make liam angry at this stage he might scrap the album :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:25 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1028Location: AmsterdamJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:16 pm
i do wonder how it differs of how he used to do things back in the nineties (the pre-mac era). in the gabba track you could see him trigger it all on the machines and the fills seemed more improvised.
now we often have tracks ending with an echo (their law, dead ken) followed by a full stop, no more tracks flowing into eachother. i do kind of miss that in the latest shows.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:01 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 935Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:29 am
gabba was simple as simon, but the newer tunes arent!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:32 am
User avatarMajestic 13Posts: 2640Location: RussiaJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:52 pm
subtract wrote:
You think someone would let a camera near their equipment if they just pressed 'play' i think hes a lot more intelligent than that

SIMO wrote:
watch the lowland gig
about camera and lowlands....
check the SMBU there....in the beginning....you can hear sound effect "siren"...howlett pretends that it his work....but when camera falling down....u cannot see fingers on a keyboard....and only when liam has seen camera...he has put hand on the keyboard

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:24 am
GruntGruntPosts: 3Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:14 pm
look closer...

his hand slides from a black key to a white one..you can clearly see this, the black key raises up.

when using monophonic synth sounds, some effects are non-tonal or do not matter what key you press, the sound will be the same pitch. He switched keys for whatever reason, it was irrelevant to the sound.

Also, unless the camera has a red (or other)'take' light on it (as in studio/news television situations), talents dont usually know when they are being filmed...that camera was most likely on Liam the entire night, he is unaware when he is being cut to.

Also...has anyone else noticed the lack of W30 workstations on liams rig? This is a first, no?

Check on flikr pre gig for Birmingham.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:32 am
User avatarHot ModeratorHot ModeratorPosts: 668Location: Surrey UKJoined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:46 pm
subtract wrote:
5HÁD0WCÁT wrote:
he only really needs 1 laptop. he uses it to press ''PLAY'' and ''STOP''

So if hes just playing a tune how does he adjust the beats in Diesel Power live?

lol exactly, i remmeber while ago liam got pissed off when someone accused him of just pressing stop and play on his stuff wen live and he had to comment, wernt pretty from wat i remember lol

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:35 am
User avatarMajestic 13Posts: 2640Location: RussiaJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:52 pm
it was the story with disc....someone on neko forum wrote that he has seen how liam has put disc in the laptop...and this was all his work....
liam was angry after that... :P

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:41 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
yeah I remember liam posted back something like "Let me tell you pricks what I'm doing live" that was laughable.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:03 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
bit funny indeed :)
I would really like to see what did Liam exactly write in that blog. :?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:30 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 679Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:55 pm
FLAME-XIII wrote:
for videogames
who u callin a leecher? do u even know what it means? :D come on man, u dont have to fuk up my life if u have a prob with urself.

and yeah thanx for showing me, i've never seen that btw. and i must say thanx for that ;)

i don't know where that negative energy comes from...
AND.. i don't see the point of calling me a leecher...

whatever, if u do think so, get a life

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:14 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1999Location: Cork - IrelandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:08 am
untitled6 wrote:
yeah I remember liam posted back something like "Let me tell you pricks what I'm doing live" that was laughable.

23/08/2005 - posted by Liam
let me explain to the dicks out there who r apparently confused about what i do live. i got two apple mac laptops running ableton bak to bak. with ableton u can trigger audio in any way at any time.the carcuss of the tunes run from the laptops with maybe some of the keyboard parts -samples missing that i play live.most guitars r taken off and rob plays them.ableton is basically about triggering parts of the songs and thats why the set is different everytime. there is no bakup but the chance of both computers goin down is slim.whoever that tit was who said it was a cd with shouting over is a prick and i find that insulting. bye bye

who the fuck is this prick mallorca--never erd of him.obviously didnt leave any impression with me and i certainly wouldnt party with any dude that calls himself that! he wouldnt last 5 mins in a room with me and flinty. sounds like some balleric nonsence.

:P

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:25 pm
ET wrote:
let me explain to the dicks out there who r apparently confused about what i do live.

no need excuses if u not guilty....
so i still don't believe to liam :P

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:38 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1028Location: AmsterdamJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:16 pm
funky_fist wrote:

actually warriors dance doesnt strike me that complicated, could easily be triggered as gabba was.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:04 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1349Location: Manchester, EnglandJoined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 am
foulmouth wrote:
funky_fist wrote:

actually warriors dance doesnt strike me that complicated, could easily be triggered as gabba was.

Show us then ;)