<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  BDO Rummors...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:13 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
how do you know what leeroy said?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:22 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Quote:
Pendulum, Perth’s most notorious export – right up there next to Ben Cousins – are gearing up for their triumphant return to Australia in a few months time, stepping up for the 2009 Big Day Out tour nationally throughout January and February. Having taken their live show to all corners of the globe this year, they’re looking forward to getting back on home soil, and when speaking with inthemix recently founding member Gareth McGrillen revealed they’ve hatched a plan to sort out a sneaky collaboration with one of their BDO tour-mates.

Pendulum’s stomping remix of Voodoo People was unquestionably the highlight of The Prodigy’s best of release Their Law: The Singles 1990-2005. It was so popular it got an official release as a single, and in the years since it has seen Pendulum compared to the legendary electronica outfit, as they both push an incendiary live show that unites dance and rock fans alike. “I can see why people make the association. I don’t necessarily agree with it…” Gareth said to inthemix. “I think we’re both doing totally separate things, and I think anyone that came to both [of our] live shows would see that.”

Comparisons aside, what’s the likelihood of both bands heading into the studio while they’re in Australia for the Big Day Out tour? “Yeah we hope so, definitely,” Gareth revealed. “That’s something we’re really keen on, to try something for the third album. Whether they’re into the idea, we don’t know yet. Apparently Liam’s up for it. It’ll be good to be on the Big Day Out circuit together and maybe see if we can get something knocked up on the road.”

http://www.inthemix.com.au

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:51 am
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 708Location: Adelaide, AustraliaJoined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:57 pm
thanks for the link IMD.

I think that statement that was made there about VP (Pendulum Mix) being the standout track on the Their Law is a big joke though! How can anyone honestly think that their remix is better than anything else on there?! It blows my mind, just bullshit. At first I really liked their remix, but now I see it as almost a standard D'n'B mix of VP, now I know alot of people here like Pendulum, and some hate them, but I think they are an over hyped piece of crap these days!

I really can't see how anyone in the real world or in the press can compare the two groups, they are nothing compared to Prodigy live or in the studio.

I'm sure they would love to work with Liam! So they could flog off another track for years like they have with VP. I hope Liam don't do anything with them.

I think the BDO is going to be an eye opener for this new generation of music fans who think Pendulum are the best when they see both groups perform in the same day.

No Comparison in my eyes! or ears...

anyone else agree?!?!

Last edited by The Last Ninja on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:39 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
no more pendulum

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:43 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
It's a standout track coz It was well promoted with the video and stuff, It was very popular on the radio back in the day indeed. But It's not as good as the original with this cheap dnb add..I never liket pendulum, never will.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:48 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
pendulum could never give a better show than prodigy do its just basically impossible

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:25 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 411Location: BelgiumJoined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:33 pm
Well I don't think you can compare bands like the prodigy and pendulum. The only they they have in common is that they bring good energy.(ok, prodigy gives way more energy)

I've seen pendulum live twice now and I liked them. Obviously if you don't like dnb, then you won't like them. IMO they have quite alot other good tracks besides the VP remix, so judging them only by that one is not a good idea.

And I'm not a guy that got influenced by the promotion and media, etc., since I never watch tv or listen to the radio. The only way I get to know new music is through friends, forums like this one and festivals.

The only problem with them is that their new tracks sound like the old ones, which is going to get boring since they can't maintain the level.

I think we're just doomed when we compare everything to the prodigy, we'll always be disappointed big time. I can't see the prodigy live every weekend, so I have to settle for something less, but not necessarily bad music.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:59 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
Socrates wrote:
Well I don't think you can compare bands like the prodigy and pendulum. The only they they have in common is that they bring good energy.(ok, prodigy gives way more energy)

I've seen pendulum live twice now and I liked them. Obviously if you don't like dnb, then you won't like them.

Well what i know is theres a really good number of emo's walking into their concert and i never thought they were ever into drum n bass

Socrates wrote:
The only problem with them is that their new tracks sound like the old ones, which is going to get boring since they can't maintain the level.

One problem is all you need to ruin everything

Socrates wrote:
I think we're just doomed when we compare everything to the prodigy, we'll always be disappointed big time. I can't see the prodigy live every weekend, so I have to settle for something less, but not necessarily bad music.
Of course this is true about you can't go see prodigy every weekend, there is alot of bands out there that kick ass, oasis, kasabian, noisia, chase and status etc etc i could go on and on but we do not compare these types of music to prodigy because there nothing like prodigy or don't want to sound like prodigy, pendulum however are trying there best to be better than prodigy, at first they were a hardcore drum and bass band, really doing there best and trying new things out all the time, the prodigy came along because they loved there uniqueness and good sounds, they became more famous because of prodigy and have more money to make better music but instead all they done was load the same soundbank they used on their first album and say, "hey this sounds good and i don't need to do much here, lets just use these sounds and we'll make a fortune without even doing much" they became lazy and just basicly ruined there rep as dnb artists, the artists that even the prodigy said were good, and why did they do this ? for money, most people who say dnb is awesome but love pendulum have probably never heard a real drum and bass tune, i bet one of those kids have decided to download a drum and bass collection cd or somthing and just deleted it after listening because it was too hard for them and not the type of supposed dnb pendulum manage to make and the fact that if u look on the net you'll see downloads for Pendulum - Voodoo People (Prodigy mix) and as stuie said: they're clinging on to the success of a remix that was 3 fuckin years ago and they still play the remix live.

i think i've made a decent point of what i said earlier