<  PRODIGY MUSIC / GENERAL  ~  Breathe new studio version ? / Spitfire

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:45 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 13Joined: Mon May 29, 2023 7:25 am
Hi !

I wondered if a new studio version of "Breathe" with only K.Palmer on vocals will be released.

I also wondered if it's true that Howlett's wife N.Appleton (from girl group All saints) performs vocals on "Spitfire" (and not only Juliette Lewis )

According to this link:
https://theprodigy.info/discography/official/spitfire/

If this is really true then can someone please post the exact time of N.Appletons performance ?

I could also seriously imagine Juliette Lewis performing "Firestarter" on stage with Prodigy and becoming a permanent member of the band (like Kool Keith was once on stage with them).

greetings

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:02 am
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 575Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am
This feels like a joke

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:39 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 335Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:05 pm
ant_killer wrote:
Hi !

I wondered if a new studio version of "Breathe" with only K.Palmer on vocals will be released.

I also wondered if it's true that Howlett's wife N.Appleton (from girl group All saints) performs vocals on "Spitfire" (and not only Juliette Lewis )

According to this link:

If this is really true then can someone please post the exact time of N.Appletons performance ?

I could also seriously imagine Juliette Lewis performing "Firestarter" on stage with Prodigy and becoming a permanent member of the band (like Kool Keith was once on stage with them).

greetings

1. No.
2. Yes, from the very first second
3. No way

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:41 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 82Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 pm
ant_killer wrote:
Hi !

According to this link:

greetings

Wtf ????

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:28 am
GruntGruntPosts: 1Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:24 am
no way :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:40 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 98Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
I have actually written about this several years ago.
The Prodigy/Liam should have allowed feat.-quests to appear on stage already when Keith was alive. More often than only on a few occations.

Female vocalist would have give more flavour and variation to their setlist which was at one point too repetitive.

I am all favour, if maybe not adding a female vocalist with an attitude to their line-up but at least one who pays a surprise visit on stage time to time.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:08 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3116Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
Jason from Sleaford Mods on stage with them was quality.

More of that would be very welcome.

But I remember reading an interview during IMD era, Liam mentioned having guest on stage was not something they would consider. As I remember he said that he don't want to turn The Prodigy into Gorillaz and be dependent on other artist to do great live shows. Managing tours with other talent is bonus headache for them and it's not something they would consider.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:11 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 414Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
The guy who wrote this writes the most strange posts I've ever read on this forum...

having said this, I wonder if the Kula Shaker singer was ever asked to sing Narayan live (maybe it happened back in 97-98 and I don't know?)

That tune deserves more recognition

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:34 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2918Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
jonyintheplace wrote:
The guy who wrote this writes the most strange posts I've ever read on this forum...

having said this, I wonder if the Kula Shaker singer was ever asked to sing Narayan live (maybe it happened back in 97-98 and I don't know?)

That tune deserves more recognition

It's a great tune, but nowadays, it would be a bit too outdated, at least concerning the beats. I would work more on the beats, a bit like they did with Mindfields, few years ago.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:33 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 13Joined: Mon May 29, 2023 7:25 am
Xounz wrote:

1. No.
2. Yes, from the very first second
3. No way

If it's really Natalie Appleton who sings the opening chant of "Spitfire" that loops through out the track (and she was not credited in the booklet of AONO ) it reduces my love for that track because I always had an only-crush on Juliette Lewis while listening to the track.

Still I can imagine Juliette performing Firestarter on stage with them. To be honest, I could not imagine someone who would fit better.

Offline Profile