<  PRODIGY MUSIC / GENERAL  ~  TDIME vs IMD (Albums)

Which is the better album?

The day is my enemy
77%
[ 46 ] 77%

Invaders must die
23%
[ 14 ] 23%

Total votes : 60
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:04 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Which album is better overall?

It's such a dilemma for me. My gut feeling goes to TDIME but then I pause and tell myself *wait a minute* IMD is really good. Basically, I choose TDIME over but it makes me feel guilty.

IMD was more innovative and fresh at the time, but TDIME is more powerful and complete.

I skip none on imd i love listening to it from start to finish with a few changes like replacing the opening track with the download edit and omen single version instead of the album version. On the new album I mostly skip Get your fight on.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:17 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
Aono was more inovative than both albums together. But between this two albums my vote goes to tdime. Its more complete album than imd. Imd is a great album with great tracks but when i hear destroy, medicine, rebel radio... I know why this album is such a great piece of music.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:08 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 138Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:44 pm
IMD was a great album... but only 2 awesome tracks (thunder, world's on fire) and 2 very cool tracks (piranhas and warrior's dance). It was "we are back". Cool.

TDIME is the hyper agressive version of that, with 2 weak tracks ( Roadblox and GYFO) but the rest is a success. And it has some really cool elements of AONO too, wich was a very good album but not what Prodge's fans wanted.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:18 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2478Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:27 pm
TDIME feels more like an extension of IMD! You know, keeping the same logo, same colour palette on the front cover! Some tracks have somewhat the same style; TMTTH vs GYFO! I feel TDIME is a more complete album!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:30 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 145Location: BLNJoined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:52 pm
yes, The Day Is My Enemy takes a few steps further than Invaders Must Die so my vote also goes for The Day. there's more atmosphere to it, more heaviness, more rawness, more "colours", more emotiones, more catchiness, more everything. it's basically the improved, dirtier, modern sound of Invaders, the light, joyfulness, melodiousness of Experience and the raw violence of The Fat The Land. one hell of great mix.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:43 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
I agree with you all.

Those who voted for IMD - elaborate !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:56 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
Doesn't really need any explanation.

Imd is way more catchy, original, the tunes all kick ass live and has virtually no weak tracks.
Warriors dance, imd, omen, hospital. These tunes have become classics.

The day....well the beats are better but that's all I can say in it's favor really.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:50 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
There are plenty of tunes on IMD (TMTTH, WD, Thunder, Worlds on Fire, Omen) that got me the goose bumps but on TDIME I think only the title track did that. Overall IMD has way better defined tunes on it, listening to TDIME just doesn't bring that. I do like TDMIE but it's not better than IMD even though I kind of hated that retro throwback of the tunes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:36 am
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
I voted for TDIME, but I must say I never felt IMD was retro. it only felt less serious than my expectations. someone said on another thread how AONO sounded more serious than IMD, and I must agree with that. I generally prefer when Prodigy sound serious over childish

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:30 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 489Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
The only tracks i liked overall in IMD has to be:

Invaders Must Die (both regular and reamped version), Omen (Edit single version, the album version can go to the trashcan), Take me to the hospital, Warriors Dance and Omen Reprise. So basically 4(+1 single edit) tracks of the album impressed me, the rest is okayish.

Mescaline and The Big Gundown are two amazing tracks, especially Gundown. That it didnt make it to the album itself is just weird. Gundown is still a fresh track by today, one of the best 2000 tracks done by the Prodigy. Its so amazing. Maybe Liam put it into Lost Beats to make the CD worth it.. kinda:P Also the demo versions of Worlds on Fire and Piranha is cool.

For The Day, the tracks i like are:

The whole album except Rhythm Bomb and Get Your Crap On.

So basically its 12 tracks out of 14 that impressed me alot.

So yeah, i have to say that The Day wins hands down for me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:39 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 579Location: BulgariaJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:58 pm
Initially, I liked TDIME about as much as IMD, but after so many listens, I like it more.
While TDIME doesn't have a tune as great as Omen, the overall number of strong tunes is higher and also the album length is better, whereas IMD was too short for a Prodigy album.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:03 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 138Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:44 pm
Always surprised when I read people loving Omen. It was a great disappointment when it was released, can't understand how the band able to write something as strong, as thick, as urban like Breathe (for example, not a big fan of that track but it was THE single at that time) can produce something so childish like Omen with those stupid sounds from toys...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:51 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2104Location: Berlin, GermanyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:53 pm
A very very interesting question ....

In my opinion "Invaders Must Die" album is better, cos for me "The Day Is My Enemy" is just "Invaders Must Die - Part 2"

That´s not a bad thing, there are fantastic tracks on "The Day Is My Enemy", but really, this isn´t The Prodigy for me .... every album sounds different, every album made a step into new "fresh" direction at the release, that gave me goosebumps when I listened to it the first time. That really has not happen when I first listen to the "Day Is My Enemy", except - like someone else here wrote - at the "Day Is My Enemy" - track.

I really like "The Day Is my Enemy", but NEVER before I need to listen to a prodigy album a few times to feel the prodigy vibe. It has deffo that vibe, but too many tracks sounds like too much recycled from older prodigy tunes, it contains elements of "firestarter", "Mescaline", "Take Me To The Hospital", "Omen" etc etc .....

I will not say Liam lacks on creativity, but as long I am a fan of the prodigy the band stands for new fresh sounds und surprised me with every new album. You never can say, that there is a Part 2 of an album, but for me "The Day Is My Enemy" is just a good part 2 of "Invaders", but not as good as the last album .... to sum it up, the step forward isn´t that big like the step forward between the other albums.

Also I think a new prodigy album does not need to be more heavier, dirty or faster than the album before.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:46 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 414Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
I think IMD had better singles, even though Omen synths are too strident and the prodution and beats of Warriors Dance and Wold's On Fire were weak, good tunes, almost classic but the production is lazy. Run is a mediocre sequel of Warning. Piranha is awful, Thunder and Colours are meh, Stand Up is wicked anyway.

The remixes from that era were poor, something that hadn't happened before until 2009 and my current perception of the album is like good memories, fun, 4-5 tunes that I might play but nothing else.

TDIME doesn't have killer singles, maybe but I can't classify any tune as real shit as Run is for me, perhaps Nasty vocal. It's more consistent, but, as many of you have said, it's way less innovative, it's like reycling ideas from IMD and AONO. and I miss some funk elements.

Besides, there are a few tunes that sound very similar to each other and Liam is using Keith and Maxim excessively.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:59 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 20Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:47 am
Flachcracker wrote:
A very very interesting question ....

In my opinion "Invaders Must Die" album is better, cos for me "The Day Is My Enemy" is just "Invaders Must Die - Part 2"

this is it. even ripped off beats and synths. AONO is the best album from 00s. Destroy, however, is the best track from 00s.

Offline Profile