<  PRODIGY MUSIC / GENERAL  ~  Wall of Death - why so underrated?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:26 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 578Location: RomaniaJoined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:08 am
I wonder how many people realize how huge this tune is. I've been in a "meh" state regarding Prodigy's music after BGAT, everything they've released was mediocre, even IMD. But TDIME was a wake-up call, specially this tune. It's fantastic, it has everything The Prodigy means, but I feel it's so underrated and I really don't understand why. It's a massive adrenaline rush, it's not safe to listen while driving, it's got powerful beats, great synths, both Maxim's and Keith's vocals, what else could you ask for? And played live it's a fucking nuclear bomb. My all time favorite Prodigy track was Firestarter, and I never thought they would release something to replace that. But they did, WOD is now my number 1 track, and TDIME on 3 after Firestarter.

So what do the BK people think about this? Am I the only one who has this opinion? The way I see it, Liam has a different opinion, since WOD is basically an album closer, and this makes me think about The Big Gundown, another really, really underrated track. What is he thinking?? :-|

https://www.facebook.com/b508tdt
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:32 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3823Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Wall Of Death should have been the album opener
I love this track, one of my favorite tracks off the album

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:04 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
for me it sits somewhere in the middle. i love the voice sample in there. very raw sounds mixed with pace like that, it can be alienating for some. it's not a regular style for prodigy, i value it for this reason for example.

1. TDIME
2. Get Ur fight on
3. Wild Frontier
4. Rok-Weiler
5. Beyond the deathray
6. Roadblox
7. Wall of death
8. Ibiza

these are the tracks i mostly listen.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:55 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3823Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
i listen to the album in my own personal track order with Wall Of Death kicking it all off

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:47 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 121Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:25 pm
coz its without a doubt the worst thing the prodigy have ever recorded,saw them do it live twice and 2nd time i actually sat down(a 1st for me)and really dont know whether to go to next tour as its such a bad memory

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:09 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2949Location: woppity woppity woppityJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:33 am
fuck this and fuck that

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:53 pm
exactly,why is a 46 year old cliche shouting this?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:36 pm
He says a curse words! Oh no, me no likeys!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:15 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2917Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
Wall Of Death is a great track, but I think that the underrated tracks are other: Roadblox, Rok-weiler and Rebel Radio. It is unbelievable that none of such trax became a single and also incredible is that Ibiza and Get Your Fight On did.

Last edited by nucleartitan on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:35 pm
Rebel Radio is definitely my favorite track off the album
Hell, it's one of my all time favorite Prodigy tracks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:34 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2917Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
definitely the same here. I think that what amazes more of that track is its sound. It's just big and mean. That's one of their most representative.

Last edited by nucleartitan on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:23 am
nothing to do with swearing its the lack of imagination lyrically would rather trax were instrumental and yip rebel radio is the best track on tdime

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:23 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
Rebel Radio has some great qualities. superb beat, uplifting melodies.. but half way through it becomes too repetetive for me. i don't feel the heat any more. also vocals. in first half they feel great, in second half it feels kinda lazy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:33 pm
you know what? Its structure is kind of incomplete. I think it could have been better structured. However, it sounds big.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:32 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Yes, wall of death is fucking awesome, I love the dark and violent mood of the track because I've been dreaming of getting a prodigy track like that for a long time.
It's one of the 10/10 tracks on the album along with destroy/rebel radio/Roadblox