<  PRODIGY MUSIC / GENERAL  ~  Your most underrated track?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:38 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 224Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm
Been rediscovering the band recently, as if I needed reminding of how good they are, but while listening to one of my all time favourites, Speedway, realised this probably wasn't a track a lot of others would rate so highly.

So what track (or tracks) do you consider the most underrated ones, the ones you adore but which never really got the hype perhaps that others did?

For me, Speedway (what exactly IS Fastlane anyway), and Hyperspeed Geforce Part 2. Absolutely adore those two but I don't think they're some of the more revered tracks.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:10 am
GruntGruntPosts: 24Location: BulgariaJoined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:27 am
Serial Thrilla - no idea why so much people dislike it

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:21 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
I feel that when referencing Experience people don't talk to much about Ruff In The Jungle Bizness. Jilted is very much praised, maybe the Heat the Energy could get more love. TFOTL may be the most loved album (although I still see Fuel My Fire as an absolute filler or the poor cousin of Serial Thrilla which is a great track) . From AONO, Action Radar should get more attention. Good tracks on IMD, no truly underrated tracks there and TDIME is actually still fresh in my mind so I can't pick an underrated track (it's actually the least played album for me).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:01 am
Plain_John wrote:
I feel that when referencing Experience people don't talk to much about Ruff In The Jungle Bizness. Jilted is very much praised, maybe the Heat the Energy could get more love. TFOTL may be the most loved album (although I still see Fuel My Fire as an absolute filler or the poor cousin of Serial Thrilla which is a great track) . From AONO, Action Radar should get more attention. Good tracks on IMD, no truly underrated tracks there and TDIME is actually still fresh in my mind so I can't pick an underrated track (it's actually the least played album for me).

Oddly enough FOTL along with AONO is by some distance my least favourite album. But weirdly I like Fuel My Life a lot. Just not as much as the two I picked as my best two for that album.

And I get your point but it didn't necessarily have to be album tracks. For example, AWOL for me is another underrated track which beats me as to how it DIDN'T get on Enemy but Rhythm Bomb and Ibiza did?!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:29 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 275Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 pm
I find most prodigy remixes to be underrated, like Mi2M and retribution 93 to be the most underrated

Last edited by sks2002 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:23 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
Danny_G13 wrote:
Plain_John wrote:

Oddly enough FOTL along with AONO is by some distance my least favourite album. But weirdly I like Fuel My Life a lot. Just not as much as the two I picked as my best two for that album.

And I get your point but it didn't necessarily have to be album tracks. For example, AWOL for me is another underrated track which beats me as to how it DIDN'T get on Enemy but Rhythm Bomb and Ibiza did?!

I feel the same about Rhythm Bomb and Ibiza - we could of had any other tracks to replace those (I always skip them when going through the album).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:57 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3821Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Piranha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:50 am
NEOREV wrote:
Piranha

This one stood out for me in the other thread. I really do not like that track!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:50 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
The Way It Is [live remix] - When you think about it, it actually has the Jilted vibe/atmosphere. The AONO version is boring, but the updated version, with new beats and the "thriller"-sample, just makes this track one of my favourites. I also like Medusa's Path and Phoenix (aka Love Buzz - The Prodigy remix), even though they are not so much Prodigy style, but they sound good for what they are. Full Throttle (original mix) and The Heat, tracks no one ever talks about, are my all time favourites. So well produced, so many details, masterworks.

Last edited by Trawizz on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:18 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 275Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 pm
Trawizz wrote:
The Way It Is [live remix] - When you think about it, it actually has the Jilted vibe/atmosphere. The AONO version is boring, but the updated version, with new beats and the "thriller"-sample, just makes this track one of my favourites. I also like Medusa's Path and Phoenix (aka Love Buzz - The Prodigy remix), even though they are not so much Prodigy style, but they sound good for what they are. Full Throttle and The Heat, tracks no one ever talks about, are my all time favourites. So well produced, so many details, masterworks.

Fun fact: After years of the One Love EP released, Liam said he wanted Full Throttle to be the name of the EP.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:13 pm
Trawizz wrote:
The Way It Is [live remix] - When you think about it, it actually has the Jilted vibe/atmosphere. The AONO version is boring, but the updated version, with new beats and the "thriller"-sample, just makes this track one of my favourites. I also like Medusa's Path and Phoenix (aka Love Buzz - The Prodigy remix), even though they are not so much Prodigy style, but they sound good for what they are. Full Throttle and The Heat, tracks no one ever talks about, are my all time favourites. So well produced, so many details, masterworks.

Medusa's Path's first two minutes are brilliant, but it does lose a little bit when it muddies in the middle. But yes, that was originally one of my favourite AONO tracks.

Full Throttle, which it took me until two months ago to realise the sample was from Star Wars as Skywalker is going into the Death Star.

Offline Profile