<  PRODIGY MUSIC / GENERAL  ~  Why World's on Fire annoys me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:55 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 224Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm
Every time I heard it I love and hate it more for the same reasons:

I love it because, well, it's just an awesome loud angry crunching track up with the best Prodigy ever did.

And I hate it because the live version adds that LITTLE bit extra at the end that transcends it from utter brilliance to 'wow'.

And it annoys me the album version omits that part and that version of the track was never released.

For anyone in the dark I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICu907K4fN8

From exactly 5 minutes onwards. WHY has that version never been released and why wasn't that wee bit added to the album one! It's literally 10 seconds long but it absolutely completes the track.

Does my head in.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:59 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1015Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:29 pm
Shit i always said that version 1 they played in 2008 was the best version of that song, i was pissed when i heard it on the album, the changes were definitely not an improvement for me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:10 pm
Rickyoto wrote:
Shit i always said that version 1 they played in 2008 was the best version of that song, i was pissed when i heard it on the album, the changes were definitely not an improvement for me

It's something they do taunt us with. They create better versions live and play them like once and never bother with them again. That MK Everybody in the Place version might have got released on the WOF live album but they avoided a studio version like the plague, even if Mattheus on here made his own (absolutely stellar) version of it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:33 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3821Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
yeah i agree, i prefer the 2008 live version over the album version. i think Liam should have worked a way to keep the full 8 bit synth hook as well as the chopped up version. plus the way the "Why are you dead?" rings out before the stabs come in.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:54 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 275Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 pm
I loved the 08 version of WOF but the album one did sounded overdone in my opinion.
Fun fact: WOF was first made in 2001 but went through 30 versions of the song.
My rumour is that WOF was nuclear but been shelved and reworked on trough 8 years till the album was finish.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:13 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 393Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:23 pm
Yeah, they ruined perfect track, i always skip WOF when i listen IMD. Back in 2009, i was so disappointed because of that.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:36 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 827Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Feel the same way about the album version. That is why I use this version instead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZDkFDJ ... e=youtu.be

Last edited by Trawizz on Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:38 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
I have always been loving that track, but I prefer the 2008 version.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:52 pm
Trawizz wrote:
Feel the same way about the album version. That is why I use this version instead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZDkFDJ ... e=youtu.be

What's annoying about that version is it itself omits bits from the album version in turn!

And the final 10 seconds isn't quite right either.

There seems no perfect version of this track. But thanks for sharing that, nice to check it out.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:03 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 107Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:02 pm
Danny_G13 wrote:
That MK Everybody in the Place version might have got released on the WOF live album but they avoided a studio version like the plague, even if Mattheus on here made his own (absolutely stellar) version of it.

:love:

Offline Profile