<  PRODIGY MUSIC / GENERAL  ~  Next step for the Prodigy after Keith passing ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:26 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 97Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
Conversation swirling around Keiths death (RIP) has taken an interesting turn.. Although it might be a bit too early for everyone to start speculating what will happen or how their live appearance might change (if there will be anymore of that). Everyone here and all around the world will agree that Keith is simply irreplaceable. He owned those tracks in which he sang or spit the lyrics if you prefer..

So I have started to wonder if a different approach would be effective:

Maybe they should change their setlist drastically so that the tracks where only Keith has done the vocals will be replaced in his honor with tracks of woman voice!? The Prodigy has tons and tons of tracks which uses female vocal samples or quest female vocalists. Maybe they should bring forth an edgy, cool, interesting, unique and of course ..dangerous female vocalist to sing female vocal tracks live!! That could be definitely change of direction and a step to an interesting uncharted territory.
But WHO would be best do that, who could be that versatile? Any suggestions?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:08 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
I doubt they'd replace Keith with another vocalist. 'Firestarter' lyrics are personal to Keith.

When Leeroy left The Prodigy they stopped playing the tracks that were played with him in mind. I.e. the tracks Leeroy danced to (e.g. 'Funky Shit'). If The Prodigy continue as a live act, they would either replace Keith's tracks in the set list, play them as instrumentals or with his recorded vocals.

It's far too early to say what will happen. Such a damn shame Keith's gone.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:49 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
I doubt they'd replace Keith with another vocalist. 'Firestarter' lyrics are personal to Keith.

When Leeroy left The Prodigy they stopped playing the tracks that were played with him in mind. I.e. the tracks Leeroy danced to (e.g. 'Funky Shit'). If The Prodigy continue as a live act, they would either replace Keith's tracks in the set list, play them as instrumentals or with his recorded vocals.

It's far too early to say what will happen. Such a damn shame Keith's gone.

Yes, that is actually what I meant to say:

they remove all the "pure Flint tracks" (Their Law, Firestarter, Nasty, RWTW, Breathe etc.) which no one can do better or even at same level than him, but replace these tracks with ones originally contained female vocals like Hotride, Girls, Warrior's Dance, The Way it is, Spitfire, Action Radar, Rhythm of life, Hyperspeed, Wake up call, The day is my enemy, Rhythm bomb, The Heat (The Energy), etc. They have enough back log for that.

And/Or completely replace the original recorded male singer with female vocalist like maybe in Narayan, Medicine, One love, etc.
That could be interesting with charismatic female vocalist.

Yes, Keith has his imprint on many of their tracks and it's is a huge shame that he is gone :cry:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:16 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
I don't believe Liam & Maxim will perform without Keith. I read somewhere, that Liam & Keith was exhausted of touring, and wanted to retire from that in a year time or so. So if that is true, well than I guess that is the end of The Prodigy, and my guess is Liam will be a full time producer, and maybe some times DJ'ing, and Maxim will do his own thing, maybe with some new producers. Who knows.

If they do continue, then they will let go of all the Keith tracks. Firestarter, Breathe, Nasty, Champions, Run, Their Law will never be played live in full again. Not even TMTTH which is their favourite live track. These tracks could possible be replaced with Timebomb Zone, Thunder, Hyperspeed, Break & Enter, Mindfields, Rhythm Of Life, Jericho, maybe even some old atmospheric tracks like Claustrophobic Sting & Skylined. I have a hard time imagine they will, but...

Maybe Liam will just go totally solo, and play sets, like The Chemical Brothers. Mix his own tracks on stage. I guess it would be more like a drum & bass, dub, rave & acid tracks mix he would do.

I still feel a bit uncomfortable talking about all this. I still can't accept that Keith Flint died.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:54 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
jesus the guys been dead just over a week and not even been buried and your discussing this already ?
give the guy some respect

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:46 am
dirt wrote:
jesus the guys been dead just over a week and not even been buried and your discussing this already ?

Excuse me, but you maybe have not been noticing we HAVE given respect in every comment. And even opened up a new conversation for this. I would never started this discussion beneath the original topic of Keith being gone. This being said almost everyone of us fans must admit wondering what is the next move (if there will be one /ones). SO why not talk it out loud here on Fan based Forum?!

This subject or discussion is NOT in anyway disrespectful towards Keith - but I hope is respectful for those who are still here with us and for their life's work with The Prodigy.

All I can do is to be sorry if you think otherwise.

And also this: maybe you did not think this way but starting this kind of discussion is also a way to process this sudden and huge grief and loss we all have faced. Like you said "just over a week ago".

So Dirt, don't be all that negative and judgmental straight away.
Live and let live.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:43 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
Lastu wrote:
dirt wrote:

Excuse me, but you maybe have not been noticing we HAVE given respect in every comment. And even opened up a new conversation for this. I would never started this discussion beneath the original topic of Keith being gone. This being said almost everyone of us fans must admit wondering what is the next move (if there will be one /ones). SO why not talk it out loud here on Fan based Forum?!

This subject or discussion is NOT in anyway disrespectful towards Keith - but I hope is respectful for those who are still here with us and for their life's work with The Prodigy.

All I can do is to be sorry if you think otherwise.

And also this: maybe you did not think this way but starting this kind of discussion is also a way to process this sudden and huge grief and loss we all have faced. Like you said "just over a week ago".

So Dirt, don't be all that negative and judgmental straight away.
Live and let live.

im sorry i had just woke up and not had coffee
but i do think people should wait till after hes been buried to discuss it
as im sure this is the last thing on liam and maxims mind at the minute

sorry to sound so negative

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:50 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 664Location: CroatiaJoined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:18 am
liam and maxim might team up for an odd show here and there, dunno like for some anniversary or festival or whatever. maybe even leeroy joins them. but i don't expect more than a couple shows (two to three tracks each) in the next ten years. it makes no sense as 1. the band was already getting closer to complete exhaustion, they're certainly not getting younger, 2. it might be too painful for them