<  PRODIGY MUSIC / GENERAL  ~  Tracks not available on Music Streaming Services

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:45 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Having used Spotify, TIDAL, Deezer, Amazon Music and Google music Streaming Services I've noticed they sometimes have tracks/releases that the others don't have. Why this is I don't know as you'd assume it was to do with licencing in each country/territory.

I've noticed these releases aren't available: -

The 'Everybody In The Place' EP isn't on music Streaming Services. That means no "Rip up the Sound System" to stream.

'Poison' EP. For some strange reason 'Poison (95EQ)' 4:05 is not available on Spotify but it is via 'Their Law The Singles 1990 - 2005'. The whole EP isn't available on Amazon Music.

I've noticed singles/EPs which weren't previously available have appeared (or in some cases disappeared) over time.

'Smack My Bitch Up (Sub Focus Remix)' and 'Out Of Space (Audio Bullys Dub)' aren't available. Neither is 'Voodoo People (Haiti Island Remix)'.

It seems for a release to get on to the Music Streaming Services the tracks have to come off a UK CD release (the only exception to this I've noticed is the 'Voodoo People (Wonder Remix)' which was on an Australian CD). UK Vinyl only tracks don't seem to get uploaded.

Some of the remixes by Liam of other artists used to be available but then went e.g. The Time Frequency ‎'Retribution 93 (The Prodigy Meets TTF)'. I guess that's down to the artist/record company as the likes of Baby D don't have much uploaded to the Music Streaming Services.

Anyone noticed any other tracks missing off the Music Streaming Services?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:15 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
Is it necessary to stream? I have all the tracks ripped to my devices, I don't like the idea of relying on these services.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:28 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
I have my whole catalogue ripped off cd
And have them stored on my removable drive
And on my sd card on my phone
Dont like relying on internet for music

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:56 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
I've got a premium lifetime account with pCloud, it's got all my music backed up and it lets me stream the files if I want to, so therefore I don't have to rely these services or pay a subscription and it's got all tracks I want!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:41 pm
I've got all my CDs ripped on my PC but it's convenient to use Music Streaming Services. I've never paid the monthly subscription. I just use one of the free trial period offers then move on to another provider when the trial period is over. Spotify Free is fine (just a couple of short adverts every 20 minutes or so, only random play on phone but not on PC).

Having all the released back catalogue online would mean more money for the band/record company so I'm surprised they don't ensure it's all available.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:11 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 275Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 pm
I don’t like Spotify of any other services in my opinion. For me, it’s on a CD or on my computer ready for my iPod.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:19 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 894Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:45 am
I noticed that I couldn't find a video on YT of the burning mix of Fire (the full length vinyl version) the other day when I tried looking, just some crappy mobile phone recording that someone did directly from their turntable

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:50 pm
I notice that 'Rise of the Eagles' is on 'The Day Is My Enemy' on Google Play Music. I'd only known it to be available as an iTunes bonus track.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:57 pm
I was surprised to find 'The Magi and Emanation - Everybody Say Love (The Prodigy Re-Mix)' is available on Google Play Music and Spotify (and possibly on other streaming services too). Only The Prodigy remix has been made available, the original version of the track isn't even there.

Offline Profile