<  PRODIGY MUSIC / GENERAL  ~  Gabba (Fan Remake)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:09 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 414Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
jonyintheplace will be very satisfied when he hears this.

yesss! hope more old tunes will come through dats :)

now hear this sounds a bit different from the versions I had listened to so far (electronic punks vhs and a few bootlegs from 94-95). And way too short.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:24 am
GruntGruntPosts: 41Location: Outside the InsideJoined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:56 pm
These sound legit and authentic

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:54 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
Hearing these are like a dream come true, especially Gabba. I agree that they sound legit. Hopefully we hear some more.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:46 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Helicopter techno

https://youtu.be/1ccaWsk5T_g

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:25 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 827Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Christmas came early this year. New old track every day. Rock N Roll and Brown should be there aswell.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:32 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 472Location: SK/HUJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:13 pm
Was this traded privately before?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:05 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 414Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
nice!

at least these dats were bought/found by someone who did not hesitate to share them with the world. I'm pretty sure that in the wrong hands (greedy collectors we all know) we would have never heard them!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:17 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 68Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:16 pm
Opus rip for Helicopter Techno
Code:
https://we.tl/t-IT9W19Y2Cr

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:32 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1015Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:29 pm
I tried fixing up 95 vibe as best as I could but at least it sounds complete an not breaks or pops if anyone is interested!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/r4rehm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:35 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 22Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:25 am
I'm excited about all this old lost stuff more then any new music for last fifteen years. It has so much atmosphere of those times in it. Kinda magic :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:48 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1307Location: GreeceJoined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:32 pm
jonyintheplace wrote:
nice!

at least these dats were bought/found by someone who did not hesitate to share them with the world. I'm pretty sure that in the wrong hands (greedy collectors we all know) we would have never heard them!

Well, does this "buyer of the DATs" realise what type of gold he's been unleashing these days?
Seems weird to me sb doing that and keeping on with prodigy live tracks only as he's having a collection of DATs as he says.
It seems that he opened his page on YT, in order to uploaded these(?!)

We're for sure surrounded by a ghost of the 90s Howlett these days ...

If it's not a ghost, it's LH himself doing it like Aphex Twin did it a couple of yrs ago with a 'secret' SoundCloud page, uploading early demos...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:31 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 827Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
I don't believe it is Liam. He would not have put out 95 vibe either, since it is mainly CJ Bolland's track.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:17 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
It's not going to be Liam releasing these. Why would Liam upload recordings which had sound problems (apart from 'Gabba')?

I guess these DATs came from a studio Liam used or maybe they were used during live gigs. So far the content has come from around 1995.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:18 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 894Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:45 am
James Jupiter wrote:
It's not going to be Liam releasing these. Why would Liam upload recordings which had sound problems (apart from 'Gabba')?

I guess these DATs came from a studio Liam used or maybe they were used during live gigs. So far the content has come from around 1995.

part of the mystique isn't it! I know hes not known for doing this (he ain't Aphex Twin after all) but I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is him behind this. its quick and easy to add in some stutters and glitches like the ones heard in 95 vibe. Also, notice how the owner of the YT channel never replies to comments? Bit suspect to me

and unless it had prodigy written on the tape, and the owner of the tape had a clue about what they were listening to, how would they be able to identify something as obscure as gabba in the first place and upload it knowing what it is? once the first track has been uploaded as "the prodigy" and enough of us geeks have found it, then the following uploads don't need to be named anything other than "recording 2" "recording 3" because we are all now keeping an eye on it. Plus, anyone who didn't know any better would potentially assume that the tracks were from some bedroom producer in the 90s and they wouldn't think twice about wiping the tapes. It isn't exactly like they've found a master copy of Firestarter is it. Regardless of what we think about these tracks, there's a reason they were never properly released.

just my opinion of course. this could all be a genuine find. but just seems a bit fishy. nevertheless, still happy to hear these tracks in a cleaner format after all these years. and if it isn't liam, then we are back to the whole demo tape situation from 2006 when he got pissed that someone released the old demos. the best way to stop that happening, is to release them yourself in the first place!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:49 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 333Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:29 am
I don't think this is Liam, I have a hunch this is the ebay listing these DATS originated from: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-Audi ... true&rt=nc

I think the guy has used software to recover the data the seller thought was wiped, once he found Gabba on the unwiped tape, I'm guessing that's why there're glitches in the other tracks.