<  PRODIGY MUSIC / GENERAL  ~  Hotride single off Spotify and IMD expanded "missing"?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:59 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 2208Location: Oslo, NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:48 pm
Anyone have this same issue:

If I scroll through The Prodigy discography on Spotify, I can't find the IMD album with Big Gun Down, Wild West, etc. on it. However, if I search for those tracks, they show up and they're on that version of the IMD album.

Also, the Hotride single is gone all of a sudden...it seems to be replaced by What Evil Lurks as a 2004 release on my app.

EDIT: Link to ghosted Hotride single:

Quote:
https://open.spotify.com/album/4SeR6PzJCdSl7c8LWT5Pi4

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:19 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Same. Could be a music rights issue. Releases come and go from streaming sites for some reason. The 'Spitfire' single wasn't available and then it was added a couple of years ago. 'Everybody In The Place' EP has never been listed. 'IMD Expanded' is still available on Tidal but they sometimes have tracks that aren't on Spotify. Sometimes Spotify has tracks/releases which aren't on Tidal.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:31 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 2208Location: Oslo, NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:48 pm
Yeah, I've seen other songs or entire albums suddenly get removed, but the fact that "IMD expaned" is there, but hidden is weird...

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:22 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 93Location: PolandJoined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:51 pm
They reuploaded some song, I needed to re-like and re-save some of their releases, like Jilted, and they ruined the Heat, as they cut the ambient outro of Speedway and added it as the intro of The Heat...

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 9:14 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
JRSZ wrote:
They reuploaded some song, I needed to re-like and re-save some of their releases, like Jilted, and they ruined the Heat, as they cut the ambient outro of Speedway and added it as the intro of The Heat...

the versions of the heat the energy and speedway you refer to were how it appeared on more music for the jilted generation
caused a bit of a stir back in 2008

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 3:37 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 93Location: PolandJoined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:51 pm
dirt wrote:
JRSZ wrote:

the versions of the heat the energy and speedway you refer to were how it appeared on more music for the jilted generation
caused a bit of a stir back in 2008

Can you tell me more please, any articles, links?

As lately I was really wondeing where that ambient fill really belongs ;-;