<  PRODIGY MUSIC / GENERAL  ~  Liam Howlett's Cars

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:43 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
:lol: sorry bout that mate, yeah i've looked almost everywere for his old cozzy, theres a couple pics of his mclaren i know were to find along with his AC Pagani Zonda, i'll upload them later :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:46 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 1980Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:27 am
Yeh, I saw those on that thread 8-) : and read he'd repainted it to silver or something - or was I that tired I imagined it ??

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:13 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
rsshawn wrote:
Yeh, I saw those on that thread 8-) : and read he'd repainted it to silver or something - or was I that tired I imagined it ??
nah man u wern't tired, i just went and checked the now, his mclaren was the 23rd made that was originally brittish racing green, but he got it re-painted to silver and his interior got changed from normal black to black and red sweade.

can't tell what type of mclaren it is though, usually the normal mclaren doesn't have the spoiler but liams does but the interior doesn't state anything about it being LM but that could be just because his interior change but also theres 3 seats in the normal mclaren, theres only one in the LM which makes things more confusing, he could have got them fitted or he just got the spoiler fitted.

LM means Le-mans by the way :P its a lower top speed than the normal mclaren but it has a whole lot more aceleration and handling

Top Speed: 246 Mph Which means now its the second fastest production car ever made, the bugatti veyron is 255 mph, the mclaren was just way ahead of its time and lets just say one of the seat belt straps were one of your fat of the land albums you purchased back in the days, so liam should be thankful :lol:

heres some pics of it from piston heads:

my 3 most favourite things in life: Prodigy, Cars, Video Games :P

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:18 pm
I remember reading about the spoiler being fitted on there somewhere. :oops: It's definately an extra, so thinking on the lines he went for the standard McLaren F1 but got some of the LM extras.

2 of my most favourite things in life: Prodigy, Cars. :-D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:21 pm
:-D :-D yeah i think its true he went for the normal mclaren, theres also not a LM badge were there should be on the back :P

i think liam was actually pretty smart with buying it then, it may have been heavier but with that LM spoiler he would have loads more downforce meaning the handling and aceleration would be alot better and he'd have the better top speed too.

what a smart man at times :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:46 pm
Quote:
yes i did have the downforce package on it.i think it was the right side of tastefull without being ott. the real reason is simple. the car moves around alot over 165 and i didnt like that.the f40 i had previously was stuck to the floor all the way to 200.once id driven my newly uprated car i personally think that the car should have been built with more downforce on. it just inspired more confidence driving .maybe rear wing would be too much for some but the front looks better with the splitter on.function over styling really

Quote:
took a year to think about buyin an f1 but didnt take long about colour. its understated but the car says it all. the factory know the car inside out so putting it back together is easy for them.knowone in there right mind would go any where else .its £900,000 .00 worth of motor for s sake

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:40 pm
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
McDonald's open 24 hours :shock:

oh shit I gotta go there

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:48 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
This 'Master H' on yahoo doesn't appear to be Liam after all as the guy says he lives in Australia and talks about the cost of getting car parts to Australia.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:44 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 516Location: On your roof stealing your chimneyJoined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:50 pm
Liam Howlett should go on Top Gear! It would be brilliant because he could actually have a chat about cars with Jeremy Clarkson about cars unlike most celebs who don't know anything about cars.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:50 pm
pyro wrote:
Liam Howlett should go on Top Gear! It would be brilliant because he could actually have a chat about cars with Jeremy Clarkson about cars unlike most celebs who don't know anything about cars.
damn man your right, i've always watched that, liam on my favourite tv show would be the best :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:30 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1730Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:12 pm
i'm master of resurrection, bumpin topic after 3 years :lol:

but actually liam has posted new thread on forum 2 months ago, about porsche carrera gt

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi ... 20gt&mid=0

he has also updated his cars list.
nice to see that he still keeps his 1968 charger :)

he also posted that pic:
http://thumbsnap.com/BhIIewie.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:18 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 508Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:40 pm
Kubazz wrote:
i'm master of resurrection, bumpin topic after 3 years :lol:

but actually liam has posted new thread on forum 2 months ago, about porsche carrera gt

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi ... 20gt&mid=0

he has also updated his cars list.
nice to see that he still keeps his 1968 charger :)

he also posted that pic:
http://thumbsnap.com/BhIIewie.jpg

Great find, thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:49 am
liam always drives my favourite cars, apart from the charger though :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:47 am
Hot ChickHot ChickPosts: 952Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:28 am
Is that even Liam?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:24 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
the picture link doesn't work.great find anyway :-D