<  PRODIGY MUSIC / GENERAL  ~  old bravo article - Voodoo People

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:52 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1729Location: HungaryJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:53 pm
Hey ya, just a bit of old taste of article. Hope ya'll enjoy it.
A lil bit of background story: my sister moved not so long ago, and before she went, she left a lot of old BRAVO magazine here, told me to check them if I can find some prodigy or something. So I did, and yep what did I find? An article about Voodoo People.
Here's the translated article:

THE PRODIGY - Voodoo Magic in the jungle

For making their video of their new single, "Voodoo People", The Prodigy have travelled to the caribee jungle. There they went thru dangerous adventures...

A white jeep speeds thru the jungle. It goes thru a thin path and thru a river. Then it goes to a sudden hindrance. Before the impact, the driver recognizes a white skull with high hat, but it's too late to brake. That's how Voodoo People, the video of The Prodigy's new single starts. For the making of this video, the sound master Liam Howlett, the rapper Mc Maxim Reality, and the two dancers - Keith Flint & Leeroy Thornhill - have travelled to the carib islands, to Santa Lucia.
Liam says: We all love the voodoo scenes of the James Bond movie "Live and let die". And we wanted to do something similar in this video. The story: after the accident a demon and his voodoo crew start to chase us in the jungle."
The demon is played by Leeroy , who painted his half face white for the video. His got large black eyes and wild clothes, which seems to be scary. Leeroy laughs: "When I chased Liam, I realized that the character of the demon tries to settle in me." He simperingly continues: "I think Liam was really scared of me."
The highest point of this hot tropical shooting was Keith's action: the dancer had to hide in a suitcase by only leaving one of his arms outside. Then they put the suitcase to a road, where he had to rescue himself by a knife, before the jeep would hit him. Keith: "I'm proud that I did not need any stuntman for shooting this scene."
After shooting this scene, Liam found the suticase to be useful, to put coconuts into it. He says: "I very enjoyed to open up coconuts with stones. That's why I wanted to take a lot of coconuts home (to Braintree in Essex). The worst in this was that it was quite hard to carry, and the london custums looked so strange on me..."