<  PRODIGY MUSIC / GENERAL  ~  Track Snippits

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:33 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 212Location: BulgariaJoined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:59 pm
Vicen wrote:
NEOREV wrote:
Wow, i cannot fucking believe it...

MTV played the video for "Spitfire" on their electronic dance music show Clubland which plays overnight in the early morning hours. I couldn't believe my eyes. I haven't seen a Prodigy video played on MTV over here since the FotL days. I guess electronic music is really making a comeback over here. They even played Chem Bros' "Hey Boy Hey Girl" video alongside Skrillex, David Guetta, Mimosa, and other stuff.

I was just shocked Prodigy is getting some play after all of these years.

I know it's probably the norm on your side of the world, but over here MTV is complete garbage. But now MTV has an hour long show just dedicated to electronic music.

Man, I miss the days of AMP... I remember it going on at like 1 or 2 in the morning on Fridays and Saturdays. See vids from Underworld, MBM, Orbital, etc. Aww, man... miss those days/

In this side of the world, if MTV is playing music videos, make a wish, because it's like seeing a shooting star.

MTV these days
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/ph ... 5_700b.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:55 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:03 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2089Location: Melbourne, AustraliaJoined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:22 pm
not a snippet, but one of the lady boys is wearing a keef tee
@ 0.26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8I8QGFA1oM

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:54 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
Warrior wrote:
@ 0.26

I'm glad you said they were Lady Boys, I was about to fap.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:14 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2089Location: Melbourne, AustraliaJoined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:22 pm
Antz wrote:
Warrior wrote:
@ 0.26

I'm glad you said they were Lady Boys, I was about to fap.

Don't stop fapping on my behalf, fap in a prodigy t-shirt, film and repost.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:21 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 1980Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:27 am
Breathe in Fast & Furious 6 trailer. This Universal trailer has it dotted throughout, not just a small snippit as others.
Unsure of version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... kDxTQDg10U

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:52 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
It's Glitch Mob official remix, which appeared on anniversary version of FOTL.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:29 am
^ Cheers :bigthumb:

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:05 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:25 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 262Location: rsnsJoined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:46 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:23 pm
New UK program called Eye Spy trailer on tv the other day. Had Narayan on it.

*edit: found the trailer: :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1XHl5wuoVU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:07 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 681Location: EstoniaJoined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:20 pm
Breathe @ charlies angels full throttle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhy1gK9jY1U

that's old news i know, but wanted to post this since this was the bit that got me into the prodigy :lol: dont even ask why i was watching this crap in the movies, but the second i heard breathe it was all listening. and there was like 3 minutes of this track playing. i was so hooked i went straight home, found out it was the prodge and downloaded fotl. bought all their shit after that. good times!

that movie also had firestarter and smack. total fat of the land commercial

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:53 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 681Location: EstoniaJoined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:20 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:04 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
some of it is pretty good, nice job Anzipex :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:54 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
this is more of a possible sample spotting...
dunno if there's a thread designated to that

i was watching the Oliver Stone film "Born On The Fourth Of July" with Tom Cruise.

There's a scene in the movie when Tom Cruise's character is traveling by train to meet his high school sweetheart. And there's a shot of the train approaching and passing with the horn blaring. And I don't know if it is, but it sounds strangely similar to the train horn sample Liam used in the live track "Little Goblin." I wonder if Liam sampled the train horn blaring from this movie. It does sound quite similar.

And on top of that, what makes me think this is a possibility and Liam did sample this movie...
There's a parade scene in the movie with The Fifth Dimension's "Up, Up, And Away" song... and we all know those lyrics were reused/resung by Juliette Lewis in "Hot Ride."

I wish I could show you the train scene so we could compare notes. Originally I was turned away from the TV when that train scene happened... but I HEARD it and it made me turn quick to the TV because "Little Goblin" popped right into my mind as I heard it. And the fact that the same movie has The Fifth Dimension's original track with the famous "Up, up, and away in my beautiful, beautiful balloon" lyric that would become a part of "Hot Ride."

Could it be?
Did Liam sample from Born On The Fourth Of July for "Little Goblin" while also discovering The Fifth Dimension's track that inspired him to make it his own.

Hopefully someone else will watch this movie... hell, it is a great movie... and see if you hear the same.