<  PRODIGY MUSIC / GENERAL  ~  More Music For The Jilted Generation

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:13 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 183Location: Near the English ChannelJoined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:05 pm
Great fucking news!!

Break n Enter '05 and Maida Vale 'Poison' hell yeah!

Last edited by Gunz_Blazing on Sun May 25, 2008 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:31 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 224Location: Trondheim, NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:48 pm
Jericho-X wrote:
Chaosu wrote:
Jericho-X wrote:
Now where is Fat of the Land Remastered ?? :lol:

Ask Yourself if there is really anything to remaster? imo no...

Off course there is! and I'm more interested in a potential bonus disc

TFOTL is pushing the limits of how much loudness you can have on a record without clipping (distortion). That's one of the reasons it is such a good album, and in my opinion maybe the the best production on an album ever. I don't see the point in remastering it. It would mean they'd have to sacrifice the dynamics, and the difference between the average volume and the highest volume would shrink (by the use of compression). If they increase the sound volume, but don't use compression, clipping (distortion) would occur, because the high peaks on TFOTL are already at 0dB. Imagine every time the bassdrum or a cymbal is played, you hear nasty distortion (like you do on some of the tracks on AONO).

Otis P Jivefunk wrote:
TMWKTM wrote:
I'm so impressed with the selection for CD2. Much better than the picks on Their Law CD2.

I wouldn't go that far...

As for the whole bringing the levels up thing. Listen to Your Love or We Are The Ruffest on their Law. In fact all of the old tracks which have been brought up sound worse. Sure they're louder, but they're clipped and the bass the subtleties aren't right. Turn up the originals version on a good system and they're much better...

That's what I'm afraid of. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed they don't ruin the tracks (especially on MMFTJG). But I really like the thought of Jilted brought up to todays levels though.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:36 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 609Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:11 am
will be not a SACD ?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:39 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2753Location: Amsterdam, NetherlandsJoined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:00 pm
great news =)

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:42 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2104Location: Berlin, GermanyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:53 pm
WOW ! Nice news ! But are these nice news for Liam ?

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:28 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 130Location: PolandJoined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:52 pm
close this topic ffs
and continue in http://www.brainkiller.it/public/forum/ ... php?t=2748

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:31 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
okie dokie