<  PRODIGY MUSIC / GENERAL  ~  B&E , Diesel Power , What Evil Lurks on theprodigy.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:48 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2104Location: Berlin, GermanyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:53 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
XL wrote:
David Starter wrote:
What evil lurks is the vinyl rip not the digital released.
as far as I remember - the digitally released one WAS the vinyl rip...

Nope. The digital release was probably off a DAT as someone (Liam maybe) didn't press stop in time and caught the start of the next track (unless it was the fault of the person who split the tracks out into mp3s). It was a shoddy job and they had to reissued the digital download. You'd think someone with good hearing would have listened to each mp3 all the way through to check they were perfect.

The tune, where Liam forgot to press stop was the Studio Version of Death Of The Prodigy Dancers on old website.

But who cares - this all isn´t really news for us !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:29 am
ben72227 wrote:
Lame - the files don't even play. Seriously - who streams 20MB mp3's on a flash site? :roll:

The Prodigy are new to this whole "World Wide Web" thing :teeth:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:58 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 224Location: Trondheim, NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:48 pm
TMWKTM wrote:
ben72227 wrote:
Lame - the files don't even play. Seriously - who streams 20MB mp3's on a flash site? :roll:

The Prodigy are new to this whole "World Wide Web" thing :teeth:

People, people, shhhhhhh. If we complain now, we might end up with NS/we eat rhythm/trigger etc being uploaded to the site in the "correct" flash streaming quality of 64 marvellous kb/s... :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:53 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2104Location: Berlin, GermanyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:53 pm
Agreed ! First alot not happy here with 64kBit and now all are not happy with 320 KBit ? Be happy with that what you get.

I don´t care about the quality of those tracks, cos I have the album, but I would be happy to get new material in that awesome quality.

I remember the past days - there was a prodigy T-Shirt available with the words FUCKTHEINERNET.COM on it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:12 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1783Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Flachcracker wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:
XL wrote:
David Starter wrote:
What evil lurks is the vinyl rip not the digital released.
as far as I remember - the digitally released one WAS the vinyl rip...

Nope. The digital release was probably off a DAT as someone (Liam maybe) didn't press stop in time and caught the start of the next track (unless it was the fault of the person who split the tracks out into mp3s). It was a shoddy job and they had to reissued the digital download. You'd think someone with good hearing would have listened to each mp3 all the way through to check they were perfect.

The tune, where Liam forgot to press stop was the Studio Version of Death Of The Prodigy Dancers on old website.

But who cares - this all isn´t really news for us !

Trust me, I bought the digital release of 'What Evil Lurks' so I know what I'm talking about. I'm not saying it was definitely Liam who fucked up the mp3s. It may well have been someone at XL. I actually reported the problem to XL Recordings and they reissued it. I can't be arsed to listen to the mp3s to check but it was something like the start of 'We Gonna Rock' was at the end of 'What Evil Lurks', 'Android' was at the end of 'We Gonna Rock' and 'Everybody In The Place' was at the end of 'Android'.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:35 pm
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
Trust me, I bought the digital release of 'What Evil Lurks' so I know what I'm talking about.
what digital release?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:48 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2479Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:27 pm
From 7digital.com

What Evil Lurks :

http://www.7digital.com/artists/the-pro ... vil-lurks/

I bought mine here, it still has the 'early cut error' on the tracks, but I fixed that myself, before burning it to cd! :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:17 pm
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
and quality is good?

also I think it is where this Canadian music shop got their files from:
http://www.archambault.ca/store/Product ... 391&type=8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:20 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2479Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:27 pm
Quality is very good! Be sure to buy the 320 kbps MP3's!

Beatport.com also sells this digital release! They have it in .Wav format too, but I can't buy that release, since they have this fucked up territory restriction :cry:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:30 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1783Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
feel(x) wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:
Trust me, I bought the digital release of 'What Evil Lurks' so I know what I'm talking about.
what digital release?

XL Recordings had a digital download website to celebrate 15 years of the label. It was at the same time that 'What Evil Lurks' and 'Charly' were re-released on vinyl. They also screwed up the vinyl release of 'Charly'. The tracks were in the wrong order compared to the label.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:08 pm
Jericho-X wrote:

Beatport.com also sells this digital release! They have it in .Wav format too, but I can't buy that release, since they have this fucked up territory restriction :cry:

Are the Beatport ones proper? Or do all the digital versions of this have bad cues?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:54 pm
TMWKTM wrote:
Jericho-X wrote:

Are the Beatport ones proper? Or do all the digital versions of this have bad cues?

I dont know about the beatport one, cause i cant buy it. I think only people from UK can buy it :-/

I can easily fix it, if someone buys the wavs. there. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:20 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
can u buy from your mobile like digital7 ? if so i'll happily go get it for you's

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:20 pm
Cogglesz wrote:
can u buy from your mobile like digital7 ? if so i'll happily go get it for you's

www.beatport.com

Down right you can see the payment methods...

Offline Profile