<  PRODIGY MUSIC / GENERAL  ~  Only 19yr old in America who listens to Electronica

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:01 am
GruntGruntPosts: 40Location: IL, AmericaJoined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:20 pm
I feel like im the only one who listens to bands like "The Prodigy" in America. USA sux mann everyone here is just into their rap or rock shyt or whateva is popular. I hate that. Im 19, and Im a proud listener of Electronica and D&B. I wish I lived in the UK. I wish The Prodigy would come out to Chicago but they wont, cuz few people even know who The Prodigy is. F*** this place mannnn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:39 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 935Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:29 am
well, life's a bitch
see it this way, you got a russian-free georgia, usa ain't so bad after all :rofl:

anyway, i know your problem, but its not location- but age-related. im 20 and only few of my friends tend to prodigy-like music... too aggressive and shit, "that's not music, that's a headache burned on cd" and so on...
step by step they begin to like what i like, its gonna be alright someday :oldyup:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:48 am
funky_fist wrote:
well, life's a bitch
see it this way, you got a russian-free georgia, usa ain't so bad after all :rofl:

anyway, i know your problem, but its not location- but age-related. im 20 and only few of my friends tend to prodigy-like music... too aggressive and shit, "that's not music, that's a headache burned on cd" and so on...
step by step they begin to like what i like, its gonna be alright someday :oldyup:

Thanx 4 the kind words. Now i wanna move to Germany. The only thing I can look forward to is Pendulum playing in Chicago next month. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:22 am
SergeantSergeantPosts: 436Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:43 pm
simkusdavid wrote:
I feel like im the only one who listens to bands like "The Prodigy" in America. USA sux mann everyone here is just into their rap or rock shyt or whateva is popular. I hate that. Im 19, and Im a proud listener of Electronica and D&B. I wish I lived in the UK. I wish The Prodigy would come out to Chicago but they wont, cuz few people even know who The Prodigy is. F*** this place mannnn.

Believe me there are definitely people who know who the prodge are in USA. I am one of them and I have spread the word to a lot of my friends. I am 24 and live in Memphis and if you are looking for people who are into electronic music go to the football (soccer) players. We footballers (soccer players) are pretty Euro centric and into the same music as most of the people on here.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:10 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2174Location: U.S.A.Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:14 am
I can relate. Everyone I know listens to hip-pop or rap or pop rock and most of time when we talk music they say "oh you listen to techno?". Fucking "techno", I hate that word. A few friends of mine like some form of electronic music but aside from them I don't know anyone who listens to the same kind of music I do.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:03 am
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 568Location: U.S. of A.Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:27 pm
The USA is great, man. You know how underground the electronica scene is here? I'd much rather be in the underground than hear it on the radio, being hyped by jackass DJs.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:54 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
Manny wrote:
I can relate. Everyone I know listens to hip-pop or rap or pop rock and most of time when we talk music they say "oh you listen to techno?". Fucking "techno", I hate that word. A few friends of mine like some form of electronic music but aside from them I don't know anyone who listens to the same kind of music I do.

yeah everytime an american hears some electronic music,they say tehno.i'm afraid that they don't relly have a music culture and only know what mtv are feading them

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:28 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Hi again. Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:52 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1999Location: Cork - IrelandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:08 am
Gillenium wrote:
The USA is great, man. You know how underground the electronica scene is here? I'd much rather be in the underground than hear it on the radio, being hyped by jackass DJs.

well here you have commercial rubbish ànd nice underground shite.... with nice party's as well :P

And yeah, underground is better, it's real =)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:30 pm
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
simkusdavid: gotta think us Americans (and here I mean the whole continent) all feel a bit the same inside

but, earlier this year, I was surprised to meet another guy who knew about Electronica (even more than me), and now there's also Molotov_Beatsz, who's from the same province as me, who joined the forum

I'm quite sure there are many more listeners of Electronica around, it's just they don't all go on BK.it to announce to everyone they exist.

at least I remember few years ago going to a music shop, seeing a shelf loaded with "Their Law"s. don't think that shelf is loaded anymore :wink:

also Daft Punk came play last year, in a city not far from me (Montreal), before I knew them. if they can fill that arena, I guess Prodigy can too...

P.S.: questions & opinions?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:55 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 893Location: Québec (Montréal)Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:46 am
wassup my American Bro!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:41 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 2210Location: Oslo, NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:48 pm
simkusdavid wrote:

get your ass to Boston mate!

here you can go into a pizza shop and they will have the freaking what evil lurks single on the jukebox!

:twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:36 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2174Location: U.S.A.Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:14 am
crazyboy wrote:
get your ass to Boston mate!

here you can go into a pizza shop and they will have the freaking what evil lurks single on the jukebox!

:twisted:

Thats awesome, good ol' Beantown. Wish we had some shops like that here in Dallas.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:44 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 62Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:58 am
Most people I know say "Prodigy...hmmm didn't they do that Firestarter song years ago? I didn't even know they were still around :wink: "

Electronic is not doomed though - a lot of Americans are getting more into it because of Daft Punk showing up in so many rap songs lol - I guess you can thank Kanye West for that :roll:

Also - that MIA song (Paper Planes) was pretty popular over here during the summer, and MIA has always been an electronic artist (well among other things - she does rap and dancehall and alternative too I guess).

And also - a lot of the rap songs are being produced by guys that have a strong appreciation for electronic sounds - like Danja and Timbaland's more recent stuff.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:10 pm
Manny wrote:

Thats so true, all of my friends call it Techno too, and keep saying how gay it is. Well Techno is Gay, but what I listen to is not really techno. Out of all my friends here I only have one who listens to what I listen to. And hes black. Im happy to hear there is some people out there who do listen to Electronica in America