<  PRODIGY MUSIC / GENERAL  ~  Only 19yr old in America who listens to Electronica

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:20 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 40Location: IL, AmericaJoined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:20 pm
If you like The Prodigy, you will love Modeselektor. Check em on myspace or projectplaylist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:13 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 568Location: U.S. of A.Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:27 pm
Well, I think the problem, in general, with the modern American music scene is that genres are being more and more defined and stereotyped. When people here think Electronic or Techno, they're thinking dance music 99 percent of the time. Same with hip hop. The people who don't like hip hop are like "Ew, I hate Kanye West" even though there's many other artists out there doing a lot of interesting things with the respective genres. If you're on the radio, you're known, if you're not, you're not.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:18 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 196Location: Another dimensionJoined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:33 am
I live on the east coast USA I like The Prodigy and similar bands.
And I like techno, if someone says shit like "techno's gay" I say fuck, go listen to your soulja boy and other crap.

p.s. when is prodigy coming to NY area?

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:23 pm
Vetal17 wrote:
I live on the east coast USA I like The Prodigy and similar bands.
And I like techno, if someone says shit like "techno's gay" I say fuck, go listen to your soulja boy and other crap.

p.s. when is prodigy coming to NY area?

Yeah man, I wish The Prodigy would come out to play in the States. I have never seen them live. I doubt they will play in america though because of how few people listen to them. Everyone here just wants their gay little Soulja boy, and that fuckin crank dat song is pissing me off

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:54 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 60Location: Veracruz MexicoJoined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:20 pm
Well... i live in mexico where in my opinion sux even more than the U.S.

you say that nobody know about the prodigy in your place.. well in this country (we are neighbours by the way :gayfight: ) the people they dont speak english and they listen every kind of gay hip hop-reggeton music

but... i dont complain mate ,i saw the prodigy back in 05 in mexico city pretty nice i hope they come back.

but if you wanna meet "techno" (sorry manny i know you hate that word) pals close to your play, why dont you give me your msn? , mine is in my profile.

and the most important ....dont get anger man :-D
life is a bitch but we have to get use to.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:18 pm
benny-blanco wrote:
but... i dont complain mate ,i saw the prodigy back in 05 in mexico city pretty nice i hope they come back.

humm..... http://www.brainkiller.it/public/forum/ ... 89&start=0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:47 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 44Location: DenmarkJoined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:08 pm
Haha you haven't got a problem dude. I live in Denmark. Last time Prodigy was here was in 2005 for a one night performance and I was 16 back then, listening to Blink-182 and shit - AND that was in Copenhagen which is the complete opposite part of the country from where I live.

Cheer up mate. Life's not bad.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:38 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
simkusdavid wrote:
If you like The Prodigy, you will love Modeselektor. Check em on myspace or projectplaylist

I like their song 'The white flash' with Thom Yorke of radiohead, radiohead are pretty in America as well as having alot of electronic music in their albums (check out Kid A and Amnesiac)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:54 pm
Tricky wrote:
Haha you haven't got a problem dude. I live in Denmark. Last time Prodigy was here was in 2005 for a one night performance and I was 16 back then, listening to Blink-182 and shit - AND that was in Copenhagen which is the complete opposite part of the country from where I live.

Cheer up mate. Life's not bad.

Thanx I guess, But Would still really want to see them. It would mean a lot to me because of how dedicated I am to their music.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:39 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 472Location: SK/HUJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:13 pm
average americans are living their own comfortable life and thats enough for them ,they don't search for something better

on the other side the average european wants to live like an american...

but this is about music culture and music (or everything) changes only if something goes uncomfortable.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:34 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 948Location: AmsterdamJoined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:12 pm
If you live in a huge metropolis like Chicago etc., there's definitely going to be a strong underground scene. It's a bit bollocks when you're not 21 thanks to your congressmen and bibblebelt fanatics, but there are surely clubs around with quality nights and good DJs. Techno house etc. all originated from the US, and it's still there if you look for it! Grime, drums & electro is also going strong, you can judge that by looking how many good pirate music blogs are coming from the states.

For example, there's this Trouble & Bass crew in NYC, who put out INSANE shit on their label regularly and are making the scene bigger. I'm always buying their tunes and they do a great job pushing themselves in various magazines too.

The Prodigy are a bit old papas, they're great but let's face it its 11 years past their biggest wave, you need to start looking for the new stuff that the locals are up to and I'm sure you'll meet tons of cool people loving this music just like you!

You'll find at least 20-30 people with similar interest as you do in every decent-sized city, and if there's no active scene, then maybe it's time to start creating it yourself!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:26 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
Attila wrote:
The Prodigy are a bit old papas, they're great but let's face it its 11 years past their biggest wave, you need to start looking for the new stuff that the locals are up to and I'm sure you'll meet tons of cool people loving this music just like you!

:evil: :evil: :evil:
yeah,old papas lol.they do aono in 2004 and then that sleezy,punk sound it's taken by all genres in electronic music and promoted like they invented it.in my opinion justice wouldn't have sounded like justice if aono hadn't apear,junkie xl album ,,booming back at you'' would have been different,some tracks of the chemical brothers and a ton of other house and electronic tunes.
the may be old but they are steal inovating the scene and inspire other artists

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:56 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 568Location: U.S. of A.Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:27 pm
Why don't people think that Prodigy won't play in the US? Liam said they had a great time in the 2006 tour. They'll be back, for sure. Small, intimate venues, too... quit yer bitch'n!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:38 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 948Location: AmsterdamJoined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:12 pm
*PinHead* wrote:
:evil: :evil: :evil:
yeah,old papas lol.they do aono in 2004 and then that sleezy,punk sound it's taken by all genres in electronic music and promoted like they invented it

:) That kind of sound has been around for a long while with the whole electroclash scene, The Prodigy just applied it to themselves just like many others at the time, which is great.

I was talking about the biggest impact the Prodigy had on people, and that was 97-98. It's 2008 now, so you shouldn't be surprised that most young kids don't listen to the same stuff as you did, it's natural. Point - get willing to be up to date, you'll find a nice scene with cool people and great fresh music whereever. Many of them will like The Prodigy as well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:48 pm
Gillenium wrote:
Why don't people think that Prodigy won't play in the US? Liam said they had a great time in the 2006 tour. They'll be back, for sure. Small, intimate venues, too... quit yer bitch'n!

Thanx U bring my hopes up. I gotta see The Prodigy.