<  PRODIGY MUSIC / GENERAL  ~  Invaders Must Die facts

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:09 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
JimbQ wrote:
untitled6 wrote:
The first single is Run With The Wolves

Quote:
Electronica best-sellers The Prodigy have annouced a new album, Invaders Must Die, coming this spring. One has to wonder if the recent revival of Prodigy's early rave anthems by the new set of electo-nu-rave DJs has them returning to the glory days of "Charley."

According to Kerrang! quite the opposite is true. To prove the point, the first single, "Run With the Wolves" will feature Dave Grohl on drums.

source URB.com

Oh RLY? hmmm. i'll wait and see.

Link for people who dont wanna go searchin on urb.com
http://www.urb.com/permalink/4049/Dave- ... album.html

This must be misunderstanding aka Bullshit!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:13 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
why bullshit?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:16 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 436Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:43 pm
id bet on Run as the single. It's the track that almost every news release is talking about as a "standout track" (NME), why else would they build up the track if it wasn't going to be the single?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:34 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
ehacker wrote:
id bet on Run as the single. It's the track that almost every news release is talking about as a "standout track" (NME), why else would they build up the track if it wasn't going to be the single?

and they did started to play it.but now i wonder about those rumours of the video they shot in la.it couldn't be run cause the tracks was just written this summer.oh well

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:23 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
*PinHead* wrote:
it couldn't be run cause the tracks was just written this summer.oh well
how do we know that ? run could have been cutting about for ages, i remember when simo met them at gatecrashers, rob told him liam had much better tunes than the ones he was playing at the moment, good chance run with the wolves was first thought of in like late 07

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:24 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
Run was the last track to be completed for the album, isn't it a bit unusual for Prodigy to release the newest track as the first single?...

Obviously with the first 3 albums the first single was the first track for the album, the springboard track. And on AONO I think Girls was the second track written for the album if I remember correctly? And Spiftire was one of the later tracks and therefore was released as last single? I think Action Radar was last, but not as a single. Although I'm trying to remember from 4 and a bit years ago...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:28 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
yeah but as liam says the bad tracks take ages to make right, and run in my opinion aint that good compared to the others, the idea's could float about liams head for ages, he could just have started with one basstone and a simple beat like eddie C and then decided it would do and since he was caught up with other music it got left behind for a while, who knows i don't care what will be the single, i don't care if its beat 55 (well yeah that would be a bit fucked) but u know what i mean :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:03 am
he says he started the track this summer after talking to dave grohl.i don't think it's that old.and it doesn't matter which track is the single,if it was brand new,or the last to complete.all i care from now on is the god dmanalobum.the rest are just details,
and i aint even gonna make assumptions about how good run is cause all we have is a 1.40 bad recorded version,and chances were that was only a demmo of the track played to be tested.it's possible that the finished version is different.
now that i am thinking about it,after what liam said about the final version of warriors dance,it's possible that wd is different too on the album

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:34 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6516Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Don't forget about 'Follow Your Leader' as a probable track name.

Shirt with the album name and possible artwork, shirt with single name ?????

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:20 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
true, and the track "take me to the hospital", which liam said himself on one of his blogs, dunno if its on the main album yet or not tho do we... hmmm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:37 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 2660Location: Zagreb, CroatiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:15 am
Maybe IMD will be the 1 single ,but really i don't give a fuck , it's more then 3 months till the album release and i'm more looking forward to upcoming Invaders Academy Tour even tho i won't be there but lots of BKers will , i hope that we'll get decent recording of Run or any other new shit :lol: