<  PRODIGY MUSIC / GENERAL  ~  Show off your Prodigy Collection PART ONE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:25 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
Whilst we're on the subject,

Are these "real" promos?

Quote:
Smokin' Aces Original Film Soundtrack (Polydor, 172 118-5)
http://antz.pav.googlepages.com/smokin.jpg

Same as the normal retail release but with a promo sticker covering the barcode.

Quote:
Bug Kann And The Plastic Jam - Made In Two Minutes (PWL, PWCD286)
http://antz.pav.googlepages.com/twominutes.jpg

Same as the normal retail release but with a sticker and press sheet.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:25 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 3357Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:58 am
The Smokin' Aces one... I have a CDR promo which is an obvious promotional copy. This one can be real, but it won't be worth more than the normal retail copy as everyone can make these themselves unfortunately.

The Bug Kann one, it's a promotional copy, but is it a retail copy given away as a promotional copy, or is it truely a promotional copy? I have a promo CDM of this one and on the inner ring of the disc itself it says that it's a promotional copy. The sleeve is the same as the retail one. What about your copy, does it state on the inner ring that it's a promotional release? If not, then it's a retail given away as promo.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:00 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
Arie wrote:
What about your copy, does it state on the inner ring that it's a promotional release? If not, then it's a retail given away as promo.

I've just looked, and mine does have "For Promotional Use Only" on the inner ring http://antz.pav.googlepages.com/twominutescdpromo.jpg

I have never noticed that before :-D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:57 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1956Location: sitting on cloudsJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:37 am
i have a question, i tried to find the answer myself but i don't find it.
here is:
i see once on ebay THEIR LAW - 2 cd's - on front of the first one is a picture of the band - from what i read is a release from Asia. I take a look on Discogs, but there is no picture of this one. I mention that the cd's are NOT yellow and red.
Somebody know something about this one, a cat. number, anything...i want a copy and don't know what to search.
THX

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:30 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
now i've been told about an asian release before of somone

i'll do some research

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:13 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 1980Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:27 am
I have jsut finished insualting and baording out my loft and found a bag of old NME and similar mags all Prodigy related covers and info, plus a calendar from 2002 (I think) 8-)
No pics yet though, was too busy. :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:40 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 732Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:19 am
I think we should start a new thread, with a link to this thread in the first post so people don't have to search for it, because this one is buggy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:44 pm
So people don't have to search for what?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:11 pm
rsshawn wrote:
So people don't have to search for what?

For this thread, if you do a new one and put a link to this one, people don't have to search for the old one.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:21 pm
I don't see what difference it makes putting a new topic linking here as no-one would reply on that and it would soon make it's way off the page anyhow. It's not that hard to find it tbh and each time someone posts (quite regualr) it goes to the top anyway.

Making a new post in here is another post for the sake of it imo as it won't achieve anything. :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:35 pm
You make a new one, you locked the buggy old one, and you have a new one without the annoying "No topic exists".
I can see the difference, but, you are the moderator :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:54 pm
Right, now I gotcha: you're talking about using the email "topic notification" link and it sending you to 'no topic exists'.
I thought you meant just as a new topic for when people were browsing linking to here..not a "part two" topic.

Can do - nice idea.

This has been happening a while so I'm confident BK and BS are looking into the solution as I'm sure they're fed up with it also.

*Edit: CLICK HERE FOR SHOW YOUR COLLECTION PART TWO