<  PRODIGY MUSIC / GENERAL  ~  Spitfire CD single - WANTED

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:12 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 15Location: Rotherham - England - UKJoined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:39 am
As the titles says... Anyone wishing to part with the regular CD single of Spitfire just PM me if you would.. or post here. Only CD I need now to finish my collection as far as I want to take it bar new releases down the road.

I missed a sealed one on ebay about 4-5mths ago for around £70 :(

Cheers chapps!

http://www.discogs.com/Prodigy-Spitfire/release/448282

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:09 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1265Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:00 pm
good luck, these are very scarce and to find someone to part with one will be hard. Hope you get what your after.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:14 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2104Location: Berlin, GermanyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:53 pm
BTW: Someone knows, how rare the vinyl edition of this single is ?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:22 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
i've got a promo vinyl of this i wonder how much thats worth !

anyway i still dont get why spitfire is so expensive, i'm sure if spitfire was to be as rare as people say it is then the girls cds should be the same should it not ?

i think this all started when someone posted a high price on amazon then everyone started doing high prices, that for a cd made in 2004 no thank you lol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:29 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 15Location: Rotherham - England - UKJoined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:39 am
The Green Bastard wrote:
i've got a promo vinyl of this i wonder how much thats worth !

anyway i still dont get why spitfire is so expensive, i'm sure if spitfire was to be as rare as people say it is then the girls cds should be the same should it not ?

i think this all started when someone posted a high price on amazon then everyone started doing high prices, that for a cd made in 2004 no thank you lol

Girls is nearly always on ebay somewhere... Plenty on there now. I search everyday almost without fail for "Spitfire Prodigy" and never ever see it.. like once / twice p/yr roughly if your lucky you may see it. There is always some promo on from overseas sellers but I would like the original CD. I suppose the price is down to demand.. if it goes on ebay, you can bet there would be lots bid on it and willing to pay a premium too for it. :(

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:20 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4789Location: Wolverhampton, UKJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:52 pm
wasnt spitfire orginally planned for a vinyl only release? but fan demand made them do a CD, which was probably only run once, hence the limited numbers of actual CDS

Or maybe im wrong :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:16 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 119Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:11 am
At the time of release it was said to be a limited edition ep on the xl recordings website, i think they only made 1000 or 2000 cds.
Its the rarest of all the singles.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:33 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1730Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:12 pm
i have once seen it in polish music shop for regular single price around 2007, even though it wasnt officially released in poland.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:36 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
The Green Bastard wrote:

If I recall correctly the CD version kept getting delayed and eventually came out in April 2005. I have the CD, and of course at the time I had no idea it would be so rare otherwise I'd have bought more. I also have two vinyls, one opened and one sealed. I won't be parting with my CD...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:04 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1718Location: Always outdrunk, Never outsoberJoined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:32 pm
I bought mine from the XL website for a fiver back in 2005 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:16 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4789Location: Wolverhampton, UKJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:52 pm
^ same 8-)
Was looking at the old Spitfire threads on the old BK forum :lol: no one knew what was going to happen, noth even Liam... D/L and 12" for the UK, D/L, 12" plus the CD for the rest of europe then there was D/l and 12" one day and the CD a few weeks later, was madness :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:13 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2478Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:27 pm
I used to have 2 copies of this cd-single.... Gave the other one away to a friend of mine a couple of years ago :p

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:49 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 196Location: Another dimensionJoined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:33 am
I bought the original vinyl like a year ago for ~$20 sealed.
I've seen a couple of them after that even cheaper (discogs, ebay)

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:41 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 259Location: AustraliaJoined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:03 am
I got the Sleeve CD version. However wanting the MAXI CD version. Anyone want to work a deal with me? PM me.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:19 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
As I recall, it was only ever available directly from the XL Recordings shop. It wasn't sold anywhere else.

Offline Profile