<  PRODIGY MUSIC / GENERAL  ~  AONO v.1 and everything else about the era FOTL --> AONO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:57 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 191Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:58 am
I really like Little Goblin, was never much more than a demo (chiller filler?) but it reminds me of the jazzy direction drum & bass took in the mid 90s.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:57 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
As i already said, the very first version of Warning is one of the best prodigy tracks so far. Anyway, Ekko, I could be wrong, but maybe he told this to neko in some interview of 2002, but, as i already said, hemade this declarations during this interview on MTV2. He wearer this green military jacket and black sunglasses (as usual). Ive been looking for it on youtube as well, but I did not find it.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:16 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 478Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
Thanx mate, I'm sure you're right, I just can't remember anything about that.
It sounds like he said that after BGAT was already released as a 'single' and he witnessed all the backlash etc.

Warning is really good. I think I also prefer the first one.

There's links to videos now in the first posting - have you or anyone else got a better sounding version of any of the Warnings? I think there were better ones but I couldn't find them.

And yeah, I liked Little Goblin as well. I remember thinking "Great, he's getting really musical and funky here", but that was that soon after. I always loved the chilled moments on Prodigy records. Showed that he had a good understanding of how atmospheric music works.

Last edited by Ekko on Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:56 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:23 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4kdxJD-isE

Wake Up Intro :) Love it... i want something dark on the new album.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:58 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
nucleartitan wrote:
As i already said, the very first version of Warning is one of the best prodigy tracks so far. Anyway, Ekko, I could be wrong, but maybe he told this to neko in some interview of 2002, but, as i already said, hemade this declarations during this interview on MTV2. He wearer this green military jacket and black sunglasses (as usual). Ive been looking for it on youtube as well, but I did not find it.

Not in Neko interview for sure. First Neko interview was when he almost finished AONO v2. In this one, he explain why he abandoned BGAT. And in earlier interviews about AONO v1, I only remember he said that track need to be more reworked (maybe am wrong).

Is this MTV interview you talking about?
http://www.nekozine.co.uk/prodigy/inter ... ebgat.html

Btw, Warning is not AONO v1 track. Its made even after AONO v2 release. And Warning was first material which attract all three prodigy guys to be in same room again.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:18 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
Quote:
Ekko Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:16 pm
Thanx mate, I'm sure you're right, I just can't remember anything about that.
It sounds like he said that after BGAT was already released as a 'single' and he witnessed all the backlash etc.

Warning is really good. I think I also prefer the first one.

There's links to videos now in the first posting - have you or anyone else got a better sounding version of any of the Warnings? I think there were better ones but I couldn't find them.

And yeah, I liked Little Goblin as well. I remember thinking "Great, he's getting really musical and funky here", but that was that soon after. I always loved the chilled moments on Prodigy records. Showed that he had a good understanding of how atmospheric music works.

No problem man, I just gathered what I remember. :P

Quote:
Guest01 Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:58 pm
nucleartitan wrote:

Not in Neko interview for sure. First Neko interview was when he almost finished AONO v2. In this one, he explain why he abandoned BGAT. And in earlier interviews about AONO v1, I only remember he said that track need to be more reworked (maybe am wrong).

Is this MTV interview you talking about?
http://www.nekozine.co.uk/prodigy/inter ... ebgat.html

Btw, Warning is not AONO v1 track. Its made even after AONO v2 release. And Warning was first material which attract all three prodigy guys to be in same room again.

Exactly! This is the interview that i was talking about. Anyway the badge of BGAT is underlined, because it was the period when BGAT was released, but it doesn't mean that it was going to be released in AONO version 1.
About Warning, I think that almost everyone would agree that it is part of the "post-aono" period.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:42 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3702Location: Almere, The NetherlandsJoined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:54 pm
It seems Medusas Path is the only actual track from AONOv1 to reach AONOv2 unaltered when I think of it.

The rest of AONOv1 just sounds so damn potential. Fuck.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:58 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Stasz wrote:
It seems Medusas Path is the only actual track from AONOv1 to reach AONOv2 unaltered when I think of it.

Parts of Trigger as well.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:44 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2478Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:27 pm
Stasz wrote:

Not really. Medusas Path was part of the Madness cover; Nightboat to Cairo. Can't remember when it was played...98 I think!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:06 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
Jericho-X wrote:
Stasz wrote:

Not really. Medusas Path was part of the Madness cover; Nightboat to Cairo. Can't remember when it was played...98 I think!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:30 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 609Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:11 am
Jr wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGFzTa4yIFQ

this in better qulity...would be great

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:18 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 894Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:45 am
might be worth mentioning just how old back 2 skool is.. pretty sure it was from 98 originally.

liam had way more shit laying around in 01/02 that we didnt hear..i personally would have loved to have heard it but im pretty sure it would have resulted in the death of the band. keith was more or less onto his own shit back then anyway and, had AONO v1 been released to a overwhelmingly negative critical response, it very well could have broke the band for good. bare in mind it was liams decision not to release it, so we cant say for certain if it would have got negative reviews. he just seems to think it would have done.

i dont personally get some of the hate over the years for the live stuff and BGAT..i personally love trigger and nuclear (not fond on little goblin though). not quite sure at what point he woke up and decided it was all shit and going into the bin. very much a grey area that i think alot of us have been waiting for martin james to clear up in his new book...which i dont think we will ever see now. sigh.

i also liked some of those web loops. its actually hilarious looking back to think he thought trigger was not worthy, but shootdown was an improvement. what a clanger.

i personally loved that aono demo thing on the dvd..i really dig that memphis bells mix, it really sounded badass. some of the other stuff too sounded awesome.

i will say though, that i think looking back in another 10 years time, AONO will be heralded as something much more important and influential than it is currently recognized as being. the more of the new stuff i hear from IMD onwards, the more the AONO record stands out as something truly different. i just wish it was mastered a little better!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:59 pm
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
tomlad wrote:
i will say though, that i think looking back in another 10 years time, AONO will be heralded as something much more important and influential than it is currently recognized as being. the more of the new stuff i hear from IMD onwards, the more the AONO record stands out as something truly different. i just wish it was mastered a little better!

quoted for truth

I could feel the potential from the very first time I heard it, though

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:10 pm
how do you know that back to skool comes from 98?

Offline Profile WWW