<  PRODIGY MUSIC / GENERAL  ~  AONO v.1 and everything else about the era FOTL --> AONO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:18 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
i never heard of Back To Skool being from '98
the first time it was played was in Leeds in 2002 as an intro
if i remember correctly, Liam forgot about it until Neko mentioned it in an interview.
i remember it being just loops on the old AONO site until its official release on the Their Law collection.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:22 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
Yeah, this is actually what I remember and what I know as well.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:48 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2478Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:27 pm
NEOREV wrote:
if i remember correctly, Liam forgot about it until Neko mentioned it in an interview.
i remember it being just loops on the old AONO site until its official release on the Their Law collection.

Back 2 skool beats were also used for a screensaver in 2002. Think its on the US release of BGAT. Doubt it will work on todays windows though!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:53 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
Screensaver with a helicopter. I had that one back in the days :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:54 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
NEOREV wrote:

All you said is aboslutely correct!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:52 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
Back to school is from 1999 or 1998.
He found it in a cupboard and decided to play it live in 2002, from an old neko interview

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:56 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:02 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
I miss Nekos interviews :(

Quote:
Neko: The track ‘Back to School’ is also on the album. When I asked you about that last year in the interview, when it was still the ‘Leeds intro’, you said it never worked out in the studio.

LH: Yeah, basically it was never destined to be an actual track. It was written for the Leeds thing, you know, as an intro. The actual track was written quite long before that, it was written in 1998. It’s quite old skool sounding. It was just written and put on a DAT tape in a cupboard! And then when we did the Leeds thing, I pulled it out of there. Do you remember what year that was?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:50 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
no wonder why Back To Skool is one of the better tracks from the AONO era, it's more of FotL era track than AONO era. ;)

the one track that i want the most is We Do What The Fuck We Want...
even more so than original Trigger... and i love original Trigger.
but from the couple of vids we got, We Do What The Fuck We Want sounded banging with Maxim doing his thing over it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:34 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
Wow, that sounds so strange. Actually it doesn't sound mono neither fotl in my opinion. It's just something apart and forward. ANyway, great discover. ;)

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:43 pm
Not a discover :p
But I have a strange memory for prodigy interviews xD

Btw there is one missing. I vaguely remember one where liam talked about the original aono recordings with neil mclellan. I remember neil would say: lets do some cymbals, and liam said : naaah. I also remember him saying he ate lots of chocolate.

XD anyone ring a bell what interview this was? I never found it again..

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:57 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am
Jr wrote:

this? http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/Oct04/a ... rodigy.htm

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:44 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
I agree, Back 2 Skool is one of the best tracks from the early 00's period and it makes sense that Liam wrote it in 98 as it clearly stands out.

I remember hearing in live in Madrid november 2004 and it really worked well. My only complaint is the last seconds, it goes off quite abruptly don't you think?

Liam's writing hiatus took too long if we consider that TFOTL was mainly written between 95-96 so he spent nearly 5 doing almost nothing (only the live shows until 99 and One Man Army in 97).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:02 am
UN wrote:
Jr wrote:

this? http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/Oct04/a ... rodigy.htm

Nah I think he said he was eating chocolate all the time and smoke lots of weed. And Neil said something about 'let's do some cymbals'.

Unless I dreamed this interview :')

I just thought it was funny

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:39 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1956Location: sitting on cloudsJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:37 am
i hear for the past weeks all Prodigy album, each one for two-three day on repeat. i know that some of you will not be agree, but for me AONO is the most solid album. dont know, all track are merge together from first to last. and in second place IMD. everything is melodic. ok also Experience, MFTJG and FOTL are masterpieces, but i'm tired to listen to OOS, SMBU, Poison, Firestarter and so.

PS: Medusa's Path is awesome